the Rift

[OPEN] death and taxes [Eva]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline was answered right away that the queen had done something terrible. It piqued her interest, especially because she had pegged the queen after their last meeting as a goody two-shoes. "What have you done?" Her tone was, in on way, accusatory but merely curious about what had happened. She felt that if she made an accusation that the barely contained hysteria would bubble over and Kahlua would turn into a sobbing, trembling mess and Eva certainly didn't want to have to deal with that.

The queen spoke Aurelia's name and the orange mare's ears fell back against her head. She knew enough about Aurelia after speaking with Kaj. The mare you young, inexperienced, hot headed, and foolish beyond reason. Why they had ever thought to make her a 'wise one' was still lost on Evangeline, but it was not her place to criticize their decision. Her ears pressed forward again as Kahlua continued on, explaining that the foolish young mare had attacked her and how she had, in turn, killed her companion.

There was a pang of sadness in Eva's heart at the thought of losing a companion. Even Tallis felt sadness, but neither of them could or would hold Kahlua at fault. Aurelia and her companion had made the decision to fight and Kahlua had been protecting herself, which she had every right to do. Belatedly she noticed the queen wildly shaking her head and looking at Tallis. "He won't do you anything." She assured Kahlua.

"What am I supposed to do?!"

"Pull yourself together." Evangeline answered. "You falling apart isn't going to help the Edge and its not going to change what happened. Suck it up and move on." It seemed simple enough, but Evangeline had never killed another's companion. "No matter how much you can advocate against violence it doesn't change the fact that we live in a violent world. Its unavoidable sometimes. Aurelia was the one that chose to fight you. Aurelia is the one that put her companion's life in danger. You had every right to defend yourself against the both of them, so I do not fault you for the snake's death. I fault its bonded." Tallis nodded his head in agreement with Evangeline. "I cannot say I wouldn't have done the same thing had I been in your position." Tallis probably would have killed the snake, himself, had her and Kahlua's positions been switched.

"What are you going to do?" The orange mare asked. "Are you going to run away like a coward or face it head on and grow? I can give you all the advice in the world and tell you my opinions until I have no breath left in my lungs, but you're the one that has to decide how you're going to handle this. Just know that if you run away you're leaving behind an entire herd that you told me not too long ago you'd do anything for." Her voice trailed off and she watched Kahlua, waiting for a reaction from the queen.

"."

autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower

Messages In This Thread
death and taxes [Eva] - by Kahlua - 06-21-2014, 12:43 AM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Evangeline - 06-22-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Kahlua - 06-29-2014, 12:09 AM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Evangeline - 06-29-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Kahlua - 07-01-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Evangeline - 07-04-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Kahlua - 07-05-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Evangeline - 07-15-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Kahlua - 07-19-2014, 02:49 PM