the Rift

[OPEN] death and taxes [Eva]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Whatever whisper had spoken to the queen in the night, whatever demon had invaded her consciousness and convinced her that Aurelia had been the right choice for Seer, Kahlua was sorry now that it had ever happened. She had not known what folly had awaited her, had not dared to dream that her prophetic dream might have been nothing more than a lie. Perhaps it was saccharine whispers from the Traitor herself that had sparked Kahlua's dream in the night. Whatever it was, she was certain that Kaj would have known better, had she given him more time or consideration. The hearts of the young are foolish and fickle, though; they demand to learn from their own mistakes. Well, Kahlua had certainly made one. She hoped she would not have to make it again.

The gentle assurances of the flaxen mare slowly caused Kahlua to stop her flailing, though her eyes remained wide for a moment as she continued to regard the dragon. Nevertheless, despite her sudden fear, it seemed that he was willing to leave her uncharred for now. Be that because of his bonded's command or his own feelings was still lost the painted woman for now, but she finally began to relax as she accepted that he was not going to hurt her for now. And indeed, she was grateful, giving him a deep nod of thanks for his kindness.

Of course, Eva was always quick with advice, with demands, and no sooner had the queen proposed her self-pitying question than the flaxen mare was there with an answer. Pull herself together... was it so easy? Eva made it seem like it was. Hanging on every word that the mare spoken, having realized from their past conversation what a benefit she provided, the queen tried to take in as much as she could. But, if nothing made much sense in her heartbroken soul, at least Kahlua could rest assured that Eva would have done the same.

As for what she was going to do now... “I'm afraid,” she admitted. Afraid that they would not love her... “I don't want to run... but I don't think I can stand in front of everyone when they find out and see them all hating me. Do you really think they could all be as understanding as you?” Although, somewhere in the back of her head, a thought trickled through her head. Surely Eva was more outspoken, more demanding, than any of the other denizens of the Edge. If even Eva, headstrong as she was, had been willing to forgive her, wouldn't the others be just as able? “And what of Aurelia... she attacked me, but still... how can I ever repay her?” However, the question was not so forlorn as it might have been. For once, she was actually trying to consider what might be appropriate. Was eternal pain and suffering not the right answer?

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
death and taxes [Eva] - by Kahlua - 06-21-2014, 12:43 AM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Evangeline - 06-22-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Kahlua - 06-29-2014, 12:09 AM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Evangeline - 06-29-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Kahlua - 07-01-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Evangeline - 07-04-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Kahlua - 07-05-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Evangeline - 07-15-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: death and taxes [Eva] - by Kahlua - 07-19-2014, 02:49 PM