the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wounds of Soul & Flesh

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
Déodat
And all the harm I've ever done, alas it was to none but me

Happiness was a fleeting thing really and Déodat most likely spent more days troubled and toiled than truly gleeful. Within all the murk and shadow of course there were moments of light and elation. This moment had once been yet another tragedy but it slowly was growing into one of those little rays of light. Lena spoke words of light teasing that elicited laughter from his lips. She had never truly struck him as one for light teasing, such things he had always saved for people like d’Art and himself.

“Yes indeed it seems so,” Déodat said with a lighthearted tone. “Or at least the charm I like to think I have.” He knew quite well how to take a joke as he so often made fun of himself on the rare occasions he spoke with his cousin. The mare’s excitement for him warmed his heart and was a simple reminder of what a true friend was. If he could put his trust in a sole individual it would be Lena for she had proven herself to all in the Basin. Some called the Corporal stalwart, but true strength lay in those like Lena who fought for loved ones. War was all the Blood Prince had ever known and it’s cruel familiarity was simply what drove him. Of course motives truly did vary with the situation, but, at the end of the day he knew it would solely be for he was raised in blood and war. All could praise him for being a vigilante protector of the north but he knew the true monster buried beneath the flesh and bone. “I believe you would like them both. Esther is a kind mare. Part of me fears Mirabella will take after me, which may mean the Basin will have a fiery and stubborn child on their hands. Only time will tell though.” Silently he did fear the child would grow to be like him. Resenting her father and everything she instilled in him. Nothing would wound him more than to be hated by his only living blood.

“They do,” He said with a slow nod, “Esther is a good friend, and Mirabella is well, my child. I had though I’d lost all my blood but d’Art, and now I have Mira.” He sighed and it was a truly content sigh. Despite his loss and disgrace, life was good. "It’s an odd feeling.. Being a parent.” He couldn’t describe the responsibility weighing upon his shoulders. Nothing in comparison to that of his mother, but nonetheless, there was still a certain degree of weight.

@[Lena]
"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in." Quisque iaculis dapibus fermentum.
x - x
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Messages In This Thread
Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Déodat - 06-22-2014, 02:27 PM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Lena - 06-22-2014, 05:52 PM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Déodat - 06-24-2014, 01:24 AM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Lena - 06-27-2014, 09:06 AM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Déodat - 07-01-2014, 02:05 AM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Lena - 07-01-2014, 05:40 PM