the Rift

Déjà Vu

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Cacophony, chaos, noise, trills - general disorder seemed to erupt from the maw of the little white, but it was welcomed. Happiness was infective, the golden queen returned the gestures with enthusiasm, her larger form circling the lithe little white form with a patient air, chirruping and adding her own noises of assent and colourful tones when pauses in the white's tale allowed. Akaith enjoyed the company of a dragon so willing to be open and generally happy, even if instincts dictated that this little white would have little chances of survival had she not been bonded to an equine. But bonded she was, and present she was, so the little queenly one accepted her like a doting mother might embrace their smallest, runtiest child. She talks much. The little gold noted wryly to her bonded, causing a smile to soften Mirage's own lips as the feelings of kinship swelled within her dragon's breast.

It was refreshing to meet another who knew of, and held, the bond that could exist between a dragon and an equine. They were eternally bound, held together by a force stronger than gravity, their souls intertwined so that no matter the distance, they would always find each other, hear each other, know each other, better even than the individual knew themselves. Quite a few knew of this bond, quite a few more had found it in other creatures - but Mirage suspected the magic that held together dragon and equine was the first of its kind, the most ancient and complex of all the magics known to the lands. But then, Mirage could always be wrong.

"The Threshold of these lands is a haunt we enjoy to keep; Akaith adores greeting those of her species. Your white is a fine beast indeed, happiness is something easily lost when one travels far - it is a comfort to see it so freely expressed by our draconic kin." It was perhaps, unusual for the maiden to be so forthcoming in her speeches, her words simply continuing to pour from her maw, her tongue crafting them with the elegant ease and twist of her accent that spoke of lands faraway, exotic. The charred mare inclined her head and shrugged a shoulder, inviting the steed not necessarily to follow her, but to walk with her, together, through the Threshold - and perhaps beyond. The perceptive little shadow caught on how he kept a subtle, stoic guard on himself, it was something she appreciated, for her own façade was more often inclined to show a bland, empty expression than the subtly softer, more relaxed one that graced her features now. The presence of dragons always seemed to have this effect on her, however.

"There are many lands to the east of here." A wry grin added to the gentle curve of her lips, but soon shrunk down again, though the light tone of her voice still held a smile. "My own homeland, a realm where only moonlight shone, lies many years worth of hoofbeats to the southeast. To the north of that, a realm where I met unicorns the first time, to the west of that, a realm where I found my beloved Akaith. Isilme," she paused, allowing a breath to pass through her nostrils in that moment, "has fallen to the fate of an unbalanced world. I have been told of strange creatures, shades, swallowing the lands and destroying any living organisms that might think to stop them." A small frown wrinkled her brow, her gaze drifting ahead of them, her thoughts absent for the moment, she allowed the news to sink in. Though Isilme had never been her resting place, it undoubtedly held a small portion of her heart - it was where Akaith was born, after all.

"Forgive me, Mirage is the calling my parents bestowed upon me. Though some have seen fit to call me different here." A snippet of information, a gentle spark of amusement lighting up her eyes once more, as she awaited more words to flow from the stallion.
sxc.hu

Messages In This Thread
Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-24-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-24-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-25-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-25-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-26-2012, 08:22 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-27-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-28-2012, 12:35 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-28-2012, 01:29 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-28-2012, 02:07 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-28-2012, 08:11 PM