the Rift

Déjà Vu

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Accepting the silent invite from the shaded femme, Lace fell in beside her as she walked, allowing the mare to control the pace and the direction. He was aware that she guided him further into the lands, but for the time being he allowed it. It wasn't like he had anywhere else to go, neither was he in a hurry to leave. Fajira wouldn't allow it for one, and it had been some time since he actually had a civil conversation with someone. The rogues and strays he normally associated with never had much to say about subjects beyond food, shelter and war, and it was pleasant to listen to her voice. The more the stallion listened he also began to realize that they had more than the bonded dragons in common. He didn't let anything show on the outside, but the mention of Isilme and the creatures that had infested the lands made his heart almost skip a beat.

Thoughtfully he nodded and offered a brief smile as she revealed her name, but the eyes were absent as he spoke, following the frolicking dragons in the reddening canopy without actually seeing them.
"I never thought I would hear anyone speak of Isilme again" he murmured quietly, as much to himself as to Mirage. "I spent some time there some years ago, not very long, but at the same time long enough to mark me with both happiness and sorrow. Fajira was entrusted to me there..." And there he had also committed the gravest sin in all of his life, both before and after. The grulla spared a glance towards the black mare on his side. What would she say if she knew that he had turned his coat to the wind once, betrayed those he called family and sold them out for something as feeble and uncertain as a safe haven? He didn't know, and he didn't wish to know either. The words burned on his tongue, wished to slip past his sooty lips and leave his sins open for scrutiny and judgment. But he didn't say anything, instead allowing silence to fill the air - well, at least as much silence as they could get, with Fajira being so loud.

If you keep talking that much you'll scare her away he teased with a silent nudge to her mind. He waited a moment for a reply, but was only greeted with a snobby silence - and the noise only grew worse for a moment before the White actually lowered her voice a bit and paused every now and then to give the Golden one a chance to make herself heard. It seemed to be the only leeway she was giving though, because she didn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon, and sheer joy was still overflowing in her interaction with the other dragon.

Lace chuckled quietly at her for a while and shook the elegantly chiseled head. His attention was focused on the surroundings for a moment, but then he turned to Mirage again with a gleam in the amber eyes that was at once both scrutinizing and kind.
"So what brings you to this Threshold, Mirage? I suppose it's not really any of my business, but it seems a bit strange for a mare of intelligence such as yourself to simply be loitering about. Are you looking for something?"
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-24-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-24-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-25-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-25-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-26-2012, 08:22 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-27-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-28-2012, 12:35 AM