the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] A learned woman [Earth]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

Dust to dust.

As he listened to her retell the events that led her hear, the God silently sighed. Internally, he was reminded that she was young. Perhaps studiousness and diligence were not taught to her as a child, or perhaps she was fortunate enough in her upbringing to never have to learn such traits. Even so, she made her home in his lands, now; she was a child of the Falls, and under his care and guidance. She would have to learn that rewards were not given to those who merely complete their tasks to attain their treasures - the quests that he issued were purposeful. He did not send her on her way simply to waste time. He sent her to learn. But as she concluded, the great God did not feel she had learned what it was she was tasked with.

"Dear child," He began warmly, his kind eyes beaming down upon her. "There is more to know about the art of creation, than simply the source of the power and what forms it might take. Did you ask them how their magic made them feel? Do they take pride in their work, or take it for granted? Has it been a burden? Is it difficult? Do they enjoy it? Two of the crafters to whom you spoke - Ulrik and Sohalia - have magic that exceeds that given to them by their patron Gods. Even in our herdland, there are those who possess these abilities. Find two who possess the ability to craft and create - I have no preference where they call home. Find them, and try to truly understand what it is to be able to create from nothing. But do not rush, child. To wield such power is not to be taken lightly. I shall not grant you this gift until I believe that you truly understand what a gift it is."

His hulking form began to slowly waver. As he glistened, becoming more and more opaque, a warm breeze began to stir. It gently blew away his mammoth form, like a sand castle being blown aside, to rejoin the sands. "I believe in you Cashmere. Do as I ask, and you shall have what you seek." He offered reassuringly, knowing the the mare would likely be daunted and disappointed with his verdict. Still, parental tough love was a concept that the God was no stranger to. The inhabitants of Helovia might not always like his decisions, but they were always made in their best interest. Eventually his form blew away entirely, leaving only small fragments of dust and a few pebbles in the place where he had only moments ago stood.

The Earth God is unsatisfied with Cashmere's account! He has given her additional instructions to complete her quest. She must seek out two characters who can craft/create which does not come from rank magic. She must understand their ability, and return to the God.

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
A learned woman [Earth] - by Cashmere - 06-24-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: A learned woman [Earth] - by God of the Earth - 06-30-2014, 12:54 PM
RE: A learned woman [Earth] - by Cashmere - 06-30-2014, 01:21 PM
RE: A learned woman [Earth] - by God of the Earth - 06-30-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: A learned woman [Earth] - by Cashmere - 07-02-2014, 12:59 PM