the Rift

[OPEN] quiet rage and the setting sun

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
The silence was bound to be awkward. But as awkward as it was, I didn't feel like breaking it. This is the filly's task. I look pleasantly between her and the kitsune. They seem friendly enough, but neither of us are the talking type. That's okay. I can wait. A breeze picks up, tossing my forelock out of my face and letting wisps of mane and tail float aimlessly in the air. My feathers ruffle slightly, despite being tucked against my sides. The filly blinks at me, her dark eyes unreadable. I blink back, wondering if my dual-colored eyes are unsettling to watch. I shouldn't think so - blue and purple go very nicely together. But then, I'm not staring at myself. A change of perspective might make quite a difference.

After a few more moments, the filly speaks again. "We need to see Ampere or Africa." One lobe swings back as I ponder what she says. Why do we need to see them? Is there something unspoken that I've missed? I lower my head slightly again and snuffle. "Why for?" I gather that she wants to see the leaders of the Throat, but that does not mean I understand the purpose behind it. Perhaps she wants a task to be given, a purpose. She must not realize that Ampere is no longer a reigning queen here, and that for the time being, she has left our midst. "Sohalia has taken Ampere's place." I blink again at the filly, watching her quiet golden form. Though we are both quiet, our appearances seem quite the opposite.

I take a step closer and, though I await a response from Tandavi, I lower my nose to kitsune known as Natraj. An interesting name, for certain. I reach my muzzle out, wondering if he will touch his nose to mine. I have never wanted a companion, always feeling that I am too much of a loner to have one. Maybe... maybe if it was just the right one.... But do I really want to take that risk? Not today. What if I were to bond to the wrong companion? What if our personalities collided? I would not want to cause such grief to myself or the poor creature who has no choice but to be beside me. No, that would just be irresponsible. From what I've seen, there have been many successful bondings between equine and companion - but that doesn't mean that they are all healthy and symbiotic. No, I'm not ready for a commitment like that.

"Speech"
Tags: @[Tandavi], WC: 422, Other: Hope it's okay if I tag you? I didn't think to ask before.

Trey Ratcliff @ flickr
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 06-25-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 06-26-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 06-29-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 06-29-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 07-01-2014, 07:55 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 07-02-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 07-07-2014, 01:00 AM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 07-07-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Africa - 07-10-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 07-11-2014, 01:32 AM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 07-13-2014, 04:06 PM