the Rift

[OPEN] quiet rage and the setting sun

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

I take Tandavi's curious look to mean that my question of "Why for?" might possibly be.. ridiculous. Perhaps it is an obvious question, but it surely didn't seem obvious to me. And when she provides the answer I realize that we are coming from two very different perspectives. The pieces of the puzzle that each of us are missing are not similar. The choice of the pronoun "we" in "we have returned" tells me that there is something common between the filly and I. (The large filly. She is young, but so grown! I have to adjust my thinking here. She may not be "filly" for much longer.) What might be shared between us? We are both female, but I don't think she means the females returning. We are both... Sun Physicians? That is the only thing that makes sense, and by answering one of my questions, Tandavi has answered another. She is the other Sun Physician. I was never told of the other, but I assumed there was one. I have found that for most ranking positions there are at least two members. Now I am aware of my counterpart. I am somewhat surprised that she did not say this sooner in our introductions.

It is clear to me, also by answering my one question, that she has not been to the Throat in quite awhile. Perhaps she had disappeared for a time, as I had. Unfortunate then, that the Throat seemed to have been without a Sun Physician for a time. But now, we have both returned, and can serve our queens and homeland again. Tandavi doesn't realize, however, that I have already seen Africa, and in going to heal Rasta have seen Sohalia as well. Am I the first to greet this golden mare in this golden land?

The kitsune Natraj is open and friendly, and I appreciate his easy kindness toward me. I think I see sadness cross his features, and I wonder why he would be sad. But I can't be sure that that's even what I see, for I am no expert at reading the expressions of kitsunes. He returns suddenly to his bonded, and I wonder absentmindedly what might have passed between them to cause such an abrupt movement.

But what surprises me of this brief interaction between us is her question, one word, one question. 'Why?' Why... is Sohalia the new queen instead of Ampere? Honestly I haven't slightest idea. I came in presumably when the switch was being made, and no one has really spoken to me about it. I never even met Ampere. "I don't know why." I speak honestly and openly. "I have already met with our queens, and begun performing my duties. I have an apprentice that I must find." I don't want to scare Tandavi off, but I imply that I already have a task set for me, and she should find one of her own.

Walk. Talk.

Tag: @[Tandavi]
OOC: Don't sweat it :) This isn't a dire need thread ;)
credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 06-25-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 06-26-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 06-29-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 06-29-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 07-01-2014, 07:55 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 07-02-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 07-07-2014, 01:00 AM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 07-07-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Africa - 07-10-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 07-11-2014, 01:32 AM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 07-13-2014, 04:06 PM