the Rift

[OPEN] quiet rage and the setting sun

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
I can see on the face of the younger femme that my response has left disquiet within her heart. Her response seems to try to hide this feeling, but my keen ears pick up on the beat of silence before 'good'. That was not the intentions of my words, but intentions are often meaningless in the reality of life. Before I can muster up the courage to say anything to calm the nerves of the younger, another body appears on the horizon. It takes me but a second to recognize her graceful form and the dark one that soars through the sky above her. Africa the Starry-Eyed. As she approaches, I see her gaze linger but for a moment on myself before turning to Tandavi and Natraj. She does little to greet me, and I take no offense. We know each other and I do not require much of a greeting. It seems that Tandavi's desire to see the leads has been so easily granted, and I feel inside some sort of calm and easiness slide into place. Perhaps Africa can provide comfort where I am only providing unease. Africa gives a friendly greeting, and introduces Silas as well. Tandavi reintroduces herself and her companion to the Queen, gently providing correction where necessary. There is doubt laced in the words of the golden girl, and I feel sadness knowing that I have caused them. I feel that I should say something, but what? How do I know that I will not just make this whole moment more awkward and confusing? I don't want Tandavi to think that she is unwanted or less worthy and useful than she is. I curse myself for being so naive with my words. "Africa, this is our other Sun Physician, returning to the light." I try to make sure I paint the filly in the best light possible, not even noticing that I have an affection toward her growing as I attempt to defend her from herself. I offer an encouraging smile, and hope that she realizes that I am not here to put her down or make her life more difficult. I glance at the Queen, a twinkle in my eyes that speaks where my lips do not. Welcome her, fold her into your embrace as a purposeful member of this herd. Succeed where I have failed and rectify my mistakes. Won't you try?

"Speech."
@[Africa]
ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 06-25-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 06-26-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 06-29-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 06-29-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 07-01-2014, 07:55 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 07-02-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 07-07-2014, 01:00 AM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 07-07-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Africa - 07-10-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Tandavi - 07-11-2014, 01:32 AM
RE: quiet rage and the setting sun - by Andromeda - 07-13-2014, 04:06 PM