the Rift

[PRIVATE] amazing. [argen]

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
Aylin
moonlight burns out all but the brightest stars
The sun was just beginning to sink below the horizon, painting the sky in brilliant shades of red, orange, and gold. Aylin had spent much of her childhood in the same field that she was standing in doing the very thing she was doing. Watching the sun set and waiting for the moon to rise. The only difference was that she was alone this time. Tallis wasn't with her to keep her company and watch over her while she waited. He wasn't there to play tag with under the stars and moon. She was utterly alone and it made her chest constrict in a painful manner. She could have it all back. She could have her mother back, have Tallis back in her life, but she had shied away. All the time she'd spent looking for them and when she had the chance to get them back she couldn't seize it. She just wasn't ready to confront them yet.

So she roamed through Helovia alone. Part of her hoped that she would find an egg of her own so she could have something to bond with so she wouldn't be alone anymore, but another part of her didn't want to chain something to her miserable life. For the most part while she roamed she had tried to avoid running into anyone else, especially after meeting Argen in the Threshold. For whatever reason he made her uneasy. Perhaps it was how adamant he was about the gods not existing when she knew better. Too many of Helovia's residents had seen them, though she had not seen any of them herself.

The sun had sunk below the horizon and the sky was beginning to grow dark. Stars twinkled brightly, but only a sliver of the moon was visible in the sky. It would be a dark night without the full light of the moon shining on the field, but it wouldn't deter the girl. She would remain in the field until the sun rose again all in the same childish hope she'd had before that the Moon Goddess would pay her a visit.

"."

Image Credit

Argen Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16 hh :: Four years HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Solomon :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Fire Breath Time
Argen & Solomon
the darkest burning star

He did not know why he had decided to follow her scent, but here he stood, in the setting sun, watching the beautiful silver filly. Reds, pinks, oranges, yellows, and purples draped and mixed on her body, dancing in all her elegant beauty as she looked to the sky. The roan boy stood silently, his scent hidden in his downwind position, his bondmate curled on his croup, asleep. When they had last met in the Threshold the fiery stallion had offended the emerald eyed girl greatly, seeming to take her own ivory horn and piercing her breast, digging into the crimson muscle that kept her alive. He did not feel regret or guilt for telling the girl the truth--that the gods did not exist--but as he watched her from yards off, the guilt gently touched the back of his mind.

Argen had left the silver girl to her own troubles in the forest, for he needed to find his father and all she seemed to be in that moment was a block to his goal. The blonde-haired stag had not gotten far into the depths of Helovia, as he searched very thoroughly for the King of Thieves he had known his sperm donor to be named. The constant searching left his mind strained and his muscles tired, as well as his young companion. Solomon had been sleeping solidly for hours, falling into the lul just after the noon hour. Even at sundown the young reptile was still sleeping, his dreams randomly appearing in Argen's mind as blurred images of them running, or playing, or of the other creatures--horses and companions alike--that they had met in their travels and Solomon's short life.

Argen sighed gently, blinking a moment to take his eyes off Aylin and think. He wanted to turn away, to continue his searching, but something about her presence pulled him in like a magnet. The boy's rich amber eyes narrowed as he gritted his teeth and pinned his ears, frustration clouding his mind. Snorting, this time loudly, he broke the silence and strode forward. "Waiting for your gods to appear?" Argen mocked, his voice a rumble like far off thunder grappling the clouds. Closing the distance and approaching on the green eyed beauty's right, Argen lifted a brow at her before tipping his large head up towards the sky. "I don't understand you."

It was true. From all the female company that the young man had kept--and deeply enjoyed--something was different about this one. Perhaps it was her religious standing, perhaps not. She was beautiful, yes, but not any more alluring than mares he had seen or even bedded before. This created foggy confusion in his mind, sparking flames of frustration as he looked at the rising moon.

Hidden Account
ali
Aylin
Her peace was interrupted by a loud snort that made the girl startle and shy away from the sound, wondering how she had not noticed that someone else was there. As she had stared up at the sky she had failed to notice that the wind was not in her favor, and she was focused so intently that she failed to hear the telltale sound of hooves. Her heart galloped in her chest as she turned to face whoever it was that had interrupted her only to find that it was Argen. Of course it would be him that would find her looking up at the moon. Her ears tilted back as she waited for him to begin once more.

And he did.

"Waiting for your gods to appear?"

The mocking tone of his voice made the girl wilt much like a flower lacking water. She wondered what she had done to him to deserve such mocking. All she did was defend her beliefs against him. Aylin lifted her head, seemed to brace herself as she looked at the larger stallion. "What does it matter to you?" She wanted to sound strong and intimidating but her voice came out as little more than a meek whisper that embarrassed her. Why did she even try?

When he looked up toward the sky she gained more confidence, though only a little. "If you don't think the gods are real then why does it bother you that I pray to them?" She wondered if there was some shadow of a doubt in his mind that made him fearful of them, their presence, and their power. The young mare looked up again when he said that he didn't understand her. "I didn't ask you to."

"."

@[Argen]

Image Credit

Argen & Solomon
the darkest burning star

Solomon, gently on his bonded's croup, awoke. Blinking, the young dragon shifted his weight and looked around. It was night now, and he looked on towards the silver woman they had met upon their arrival in Helovia. His groggy eyelids drooped heavily over his yellow eyes, but he let loose a rumbling trill towards the girl. The bronze was surprised by this mare's presence, but he welcomed it all the same. Standing, the growing serpent stretched and yawned. Crawling up Argen's back, the dragon used his master's shoulder to drop to the ground. Looking up at the sky, matching the two next to him, the still waking dragon simply waited.

"My mind works in curious ways. I cannot tell you why it interests me, oh so much." Argen looked at Aylin, tilting his head some and tipping his blonde forelock from his eyes. "It is frustrating to me that you let yourself stay in a state of stagnancy, praying to some creatures that are no more than you or I, thinking they exist as gods." He wanted to tell her it was stupid, that she was being dumb and childish. He wanted her to understand, but he also wanted to kick her in the head and attempt to dislodge her clogged and clouded thoughts on these gods. Mira, a gentle and kind mare the boy had met on his journey, had confirmed to him that gods did not exist. Her intelligence was vast, and it was her that pointed him in the direction of Helovia, all the while telling him of lore from other territories.

Mira had told him of horses that disguised themselves as gods, only to be demolished in their lies by their followers. She had also told him about a mare that entranced an entire herd of stallions to believe she was the goddess of all living beings, only to be slaughtered during childbirth by an invading warlord. This world was treacherous, and godliness was a shallow tale. "You didn't ask me to come here, either, but here I am." This time he gave her a sly smirk, lighting his handsome face with charm and allure.

Hidden Account
ali
Aylin
Aylin's ears fell back at the sound of Argen's tone and she sighed quietly, wilting even more. She didn't understand how he could be so adamant that the gods did not exist when he did not meet them. He was only a newcomer to Helovia and had not had the experience that most of the inhabitants had. He called her stagnant and the girl frowned, knowing that he meant it as an insult. What she didn't understand was why he found it frustrating that she chose to pray to beings that she knew were gods. "You call me stagnant because I have gods... something that I believe in. I'll call you narrow-minded for refusing to even entertain the idea that they're not what you say they are. You can't even comprehend the extent of their power and importance here and so you choose not to believe, which is fine. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. I'm not going to change yours and you're not going to change my beliefs no matter how you try, in vain, to prove that they're mortal beings." Despite the urge to be as ugly to him as she perceived him to be to her, the young mare kept her voice soft. Whether or not he took what she said as an insult was beginning to make little difference to her as she had every intention of walking away from him and his dragon.

Aylin's ears came forward again when he answered her previous statement that she hadn't asked him to understand her. She turned her head ever so slightly to look at him and take in that stupid smirk on his stupidly handsome face. Then she snorted and rolled her eyes upward. "What exactly is that supposed to mean?" She asked. "Did you have some divine intervention that lead you up here to the very spot where you're closest to the Goddess of the Moon? Or were you stalking me?" The idea of being stalked made her nervous and she mentally kicked herself for not being as polite and unassuming as she could have been. He already disliked her, she thought, for believing in the gods, she didn't need to give him more to dislike her for.

"."
@[Argen]
Image Credit

Argen & Solomon
the darkest burning star

"Have you met these gods that you hold so dear? Have they spoken to you? Have they given you great powers or gifts, or have they fucked you to make you love them so?" It was a snap, and it even surprised Solomon. Argen's eyes narrowed some and his tail lashed against his hocks in the sudden burst of anger. A snort burst from his nostrils and he tossed his head some, teeth gnashing in his frustration. Aylin was beautiful, and sure she was sheepish and shy, but she must also possess some sort of intelligence, which was causing Argen to be so upset over her blatant ignorance of the truth.

Gods aren't real--they're just regular beings gifted with magic and title.

As fiery amber eyes set on the emerald's of the mare's again, he stiffened and waited. He waited for her to explain, for her to tell him of the great deeds these beings did for her. Instead, she brought it around to the Moon Goddess, and this spot being closest to her. Pawing at the ground some, Argen snorted again. "Divine intervention is a shitty idea that someone decided to name when they could not explain chance." Solomon trilled and jumped up, in all his childish whim, trying to calm his bonded. The bronze grasped the dull blonde mane of the silver roan boy and purred at him, trying to send calming waves to his hot head. Argen blocked his dragon's emotions. She's so stupid! How can someone look like her and not act right!? Argen screamed internally, ears pinning against the base of his neck with irritation.

"Why do you believe in gods? Why do you throw away all of your intellectual reason, and history, and ethical compass to believe in silly deities?" This was beyond any calmness the boy could conjure up. By nature he was a haughty beast, arrogant in his ways in the worst of times, and his anger was known to flare--especially with his low tolerance of fools.

We are the long forgotten sons
And daughters that don't belong to anyone
We are alone under this sun
We work to fix the work that you've undone
</style>

please tag argen in all posts

Hidden Account
ali
Aylin
"I do not have to meet them to believe in them." Aylin answered as Argen rattled off his questions one after the other. As he became vulgar she shook her head, sighing sadly. "Everything is cut and dry for you, isn't it?" She asked. "Everything is black and white. You're so narrow minded you can't even see shades of grey." She wasn't going to lecture him because she knew that it would do no good. He refused to believe in the gods and that was his decision, but she was growing weary of him constantly attacking her because she believed in them. Part of her wished that she had never even spoken to him when she found him in the Threshold.

Her emerald eyes fell to the stallion again and she frowned as she watched him become angry. "How foolish." She thought to herself as she watched each angry flick of his tail and the way his dragon seemed to try to calm him. Was he really throwing a tantrum because she believed in something that he didn't? It took only a short time for him to begin demanding again why she believed in the gods. Her ears tilted back as he continued and insulted her intellect.

"Frankly." She said stiffly. "Its none of your business why." Aylin shook her head as she gazed at the stallion and his dragon. "Even if I did break it down and explain it to you you would refuse to understand. So why should I even waste my time on you?" Perhaps her response came out much more harsh than she had intended, but she could only take so much berating from someone who didn't even know her from a hole in the ground. "If you're quite done I'd like to be left alone." Her tone had become dismissive and she had decided that if he didn't leave her then she would go to another part of the field where she could ignore him more thoroughly.

"."

@[Argen]

Image Credit