the Rift

The Fatalist [JUDGE]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Like walking into a dream, so unlike what you've seen

It all seemed to end so quickly. Archibald's massive fore hooves drove into the side of the stallion before him, their accuracy driven ferociously by the battle ability he held because of the Foothills ranking him so respectively. This battle had taken its toll and Archibald was glad as he felt his pride’s endeavor coming to a close. After his attacks landed Archibald let his weight sink back, his body prepared to land back on the ground and his teeth ready to snap at Birch's heels as he drove him off angrily. With his muscles tight and mind focused on driving Birch away Archibald was not prepared for the white draft's tree to come slamming in his direction. As the branches collided with Archibald's body he stumbled backwards, legs flailing to find proper footing. With this quick backwards movement Birch’s hooves struck only air. Dust piled up around the drafts as the black shuffled his hooves and spread his legs to finally stabilize himself. Snorting, Archibald backed up, his breaths coming in hard puffs that racked his chest.

In this moment Archibald was not representing his herd well, but he always had a duty to himself and there was no way imaginable that the warrior would stand to take such disrespect. Archibald had offered refuge only to have it thrown in his face. "The Foothills could have used your skills in battle effectively, now, as far as I am concerned you are not welcome." Archibald snorted, eyes hard as he stood as strong as he could. Archibald was sure that if Paladin had been watching this ordeal the unicorn would not be pleased but the idea of pleasing anyone, at this point, was beyond his level of tolerance.

With that Archibald looked down at Loretta, the red malamute already at his side poking her nose on his legs and whining with worry. He could feel her emotions were mixed between worry for his wellbeing and anger for him not letting her fight. Reaching down Archibald touched his nose to the red dog’s back and lifted his head once more to look at Birch. ” If I see you again, especially near my home, mark the promise that I will end you.” Swishing his tail in annoyance Archibald turned and headed towards his home.

[ WC: 386 | Closing. Birch's branches knocked him off balance and made him stagger back. However, Birch's final frontal hoof strikes missed. Archibald is going to be sore in the morning :| || Edited to add table ]

[Image: architable.jpg]
FiagaiStock.deviantart.com | arctichorse.deviantart.com | by: Imi

[Teaching: Birch reacted to the battle cry magic in a way that was completely realistic. Basically, an already shut-out character with a stroke of anger completely became a hollow wall. However, once the effects were through Birch's personality came back into swing.

It was nice to see Birch using his tree in effective, realistic ways. You really have been able to work through him and have his tree be an extension of his being and not just a part of his anatomy. Snaps and claps to that.

With all of these good comments I just wish you would have incorporated some of Birch's travels and maybe bringing up a spar he might have had in his vagabond days. You mention that Birch is not like other lignea and I think if you had mentioned more fights or violence from his past it would have given more support to that claim.

You work so well with putting your character's personality into fights. I would say now to focus on attacks and watch some videos of playing or fighting horses. I know it is hard to imagine lignea fighting but you did it extremely well. Excellent fight, I enjoy every one we have. =] ]

Messages In This Thread
The Fatalist [JUDGE] - by Birch - 08-24-2012, 06:20 PM
RE: The Fatalist [Open] - by Archibald - 08-29-2012, 08:02 PM
RE: The Fatalist [Open] - by Birch - 09-13-2012, 11:05 PM
RE: The Fatalist [Open] - by Archibald - 09-15-2012, 05:10 PM
RE: The Fatalist [Open] - by Birch - 09-15-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: The Fatalist [Open] - by Archibald - 09-15-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: The Fatalist [Open] - by Birch - 09-16-2012, 12:34 AM
RE: The Fatalist [Open] - by Archibald - 09-17-2012, 08:13 PM
RE: The Fatalist [Open] - by Birch - 10-02-2012, 04:25 PM
RE: The Fatalist [Open] - by Archibald - 10-09-2012, 05:19 PM
RE: The Fatalist [Open] - by Birch - 10-11-2012, 09:12 PM