the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Feel Again [Kahlua]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
The queen, fool that she was, did not notice or seem to be bothered by Luken's attempt to intimidate her by standing tall. She was lost in her own world, in memories of scorpion tails and mouth pincers, of exoskeletons and knowing what it was like to be really and truly evil. The past swirled around her, within her, reminding her that even though none of her herd might blame her for the loss of Aurelia's companion, she was still an evil creature with a heart marred by blackness. It pained her to no end.

She was only pulled from her downward spiral of misery and self-pity when the stallion spoke, his voice causing her blue eyes to focus once more on him, instead of the vivid images of the past that she had been seeing played out before her. He made a handsome warrior, standing at attention as he did, and the queen felt both happy and sad to see him alert before her. Vain as she was, it always gave her a little thrill to see them treat her like the queen she was; however, it also hurt her feelings, because even her very best of friends would sometimes skirt the truth with her, maybe saying what they thought wanted to hear instead of what actually needed to be said. Power had come with so many more responsibilities and nuances than she had ever imagined.

All she ever wanted was to be loved.

“Please, Kahlua is fine,”, she insisted as he called her ma'am, but already her mind was running away from her and her lips were turning down in a frown. Yes, she remembered. “It was awful... I don't think I ever knew how to hate something until I turned...” she shuddered. “Turned into a monster. And wanting to hurt my friends and family...” Her head shook as she looked up to him, innocent eyes wide and almost wet as the emotional girl recalled the days. Moving around the edge of the spring, to be closer to her warrior, she continued, commiserating with him, sharing her heart with him like a book shares its stories with any willing to read. “Once Lena healed me, though, I almost think the caves were worse. Didn't you feel trapped? I did.” She paused, looking back towards the wall with a sigh. “I like freedom.”

Turning back towards him, she added almost as an afterthought, “I'm afraid I never learned your name, my friend.” She hoped he would not be offended.
.KAHLUA
Image Credit to Val

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Luken - 06-29-2014, 11:00 AM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 07-04-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Luken - 07-05-2014, 09:08 PM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 07-06-2014, 12:25 PM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Luken - 07-20-2014, 03:52 PM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 07-22-2014, 12:11 AM