the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Come back to you (closed)

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

Dust to dust.

Midas' constant diligence was something that the God would never cease to be appreciative of. He could always count on his painted charge to do his best, and very often, he would do even more. It was a quality which lacked in the youths that the God had the fortune of seeing, the few times he stepped from the dark and cool Earth and onto the soil. They came to him, as they always did, thrusting respectful hello's and wishes at him, giving him the chance to see what caliber of heart and soul they possessed. Some were pleasing, and others less so. But Midas...Midas' heart truly was as gold as the stones beneath his hooves. And for that, the God was well pleased.

At Midas' question, the God furrowed his brow - his bearded bottom lip bobbed slightly as his lips puckered in thought. It was an interesting question to be sure, one that the God did not often take the time to dwell upon. During the reign of the wraiths he surely would have answered yes - but he was not so confident now, that even with the darkness dispersed, that the darkness had been eradicated. Twice now darkness had fallen across Helovia - Once on his (and his siblings doing), and the other by some other force. But simply because evil did not wear its shadow on the outside, did not mean that it no longer beat in the hearts and minds of Helovians.

Shifting his weight, the God sighed, smiling wearily. "Perhaps Midas...Although I fear I don't even know what evil is anymore. There are some, who might find a hurricane or earthquake evil. Who would think a venomous snake, upon biting them, evil. But is this not false? There is no evil inherent in any of these acts, even if they cause great pain and suffering. Just as an act that accidentally produces good consequences is not in itself good, so too an act with bad consequences fails to be itself bad."

Realizing his gaze had drifted ambiguously into the sky, the God chuckled to himself, and lowered his kind gaze once more. "Evil is only evil if we allow it to be Midas." He concluded.

The orbs, still dancing upon the breeze, began to spin slightly. Rock, Leather, and Ice began to part from the gold underneath, melting together under intense (but heatless) pressure. So immense did this weight become, that it glowed whitehot, casting a brilliant and blinding glow outwards. After a moment, when it cooled, seemingly nothing remained, but a faint wisp of cloud. The cloud billowed and grew, rising above Midas. Rather anticlimactically, the cloud merely dispersed on the passing breeze, once this little display had finished. Watching this with dark eyes, the God smiled. "I am pleased with the outcome of your task, Midas. Never wish to be anything other than what you are. What you are my child, is strong, steadfast, but malleable and understanding. The gold that you control exhibits only some of these properties. It is time that your abilities expand, to suit the leader you have become. Now not only gold bends to your desire, but every metallic substance. Some are harder to coax from the ground, but all shall do your bidding. Know that this is a more powerful gift than I usually grant; I trust you shall use it carefully."

Congratulations! Midas has received the following upgrade to his magic:
:: [Magic: EarthxFire(U)| Able to melt any metal and craft non-magical items]
:: [Restrictions | Can only be used in areas where the type of metal would normally be found. Cannot create weapons/armor in battle (must be created prior). May only craft 1 large item per season.]

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Come back to you (closed) - by Midas - 06-29-2014, 09:05 PM
RE: Come back to you - by God of the Earth - 06-30-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Come back to you - by Midas - 06-30-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: Come back to you - by God of the Earth - 06-30-2014, 05:44 PM
RE: Come back to you - by Midas - 07-02-2014, 01:50 PM
RE: Come back to you - by God of the Earth - 07-02-2014, 07:59 PM
RE: Come back to you - by Midas - 07-03-2014, 10:07 AM