the Rift

[OPEN] Sing Sweetly in the Night

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

The hum of her ethereal song was interrupted, overlayed, by the blunt voice of the lavender goddess. Kahlua started, stiffened, knees scraping in the gravel in her surprise. She had hoped, dreamed, prayed that the Lady Moon might give her the priceless honor of a visit. However, she had not really dared to believe that the visit might actually occur. She was ecstatic, joyous in a way she had not been in weeks. For an instant, a fraction of a breath, she felt her fractured heart reform into something whole again, despite the curt tone of the Lady Moon. Even anger could not make her feel fright, in the presence of the godly mare.

Still, the queen rose, desperate to please the lady moon. Desperate to make her know that she was obedient, willing, capable of satisfying the demands of her patron. Around her, the air turned dark, black as a moonless night, but this time the queen did not feel nightmares creeping in to steal her away. Instead, it was a goddess sneaking into her vision, appearing like the Cheshire cat, in parts. “I kneel to you,” she responded, awed, blue eyes wide and glued to the goddess. She had always told her followers that the lady moon was to thank for all of the good gifts in their life. Their magic, their safety, their beautiful home... how could she say those things and not bow to the woman whom had provided them?

The wind that followed was an ease to her immeasurable burden. She was folded into the gusts, embraced by the tendrils of the moving air and cradled like a babe in the womb again. She felt safe... she felt home. And her heart, still daring to try to be whole... it tried to let the wind be its glue, to seal the cracks and fill its imperfections. No wind could make whole what destruction had been wrought upon the fragile creature, but it was a start, and it lightened the load that the paint had to carry.

But then- a new crack in the healing crystal. The battle. The goddess knew- of course she knew. The queen could no longer keep her gaze upon the lavender woman, having remembered she was not worthy to look upon her so. “I killed Shilva,” she insisted, eyes trying to water at the mention but long since exhausted her reserve of tears. “How can I face my herd, tell them peace is the answer, when I am no more than a murderess?” The words came slowly, each one almost forced, as she finally said the words she had not quite been able to say ever since it had happened. Would the Moon and Wind know the answer? “I tried so hard to honor you and everything you have done for me and the Edge. I fear I've failed,” she added after, a tear finally making its way to the corner of her eye. This was a new pain, a newly discovered realization. Was it true?

Kahlua
Here Comes The Sun
Schwartze @ Da

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Sing Sweetly in the Night - by Kahlua - 06-30-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: Sing Sweetly in the Night - by Kahlua - 07-01-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Sing Sweetly in the Night - by Kahlua - 07-04-2014, 11:23 PM