the Rift

[OPEN] Where We Belong [Phaedra]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

You are something else

Phaedra's dainty smile widened, even as she felt Quil's mental net take a greater hold of her. It was the oddest feeling...this sort of, rejection, if you could call it that. From the timbre of his voice, to the way his gaze continually dropped from her eyes to her body not so subtly suggested that she wasn't being rejected. Merely...kept at a distance? Well...if he wanted to see how distance felt... With a toss of her head, Phaedra allowed Quil's magic to override her own. The shimmer of her coat began to dull somewhat, allowing the starsheen in her mane and tail to take center stage. With an invisible grimace, she bore the grey, and hands to yourself and keep your distance type of feeling that his magic impressed upon her mind. It wasn't pleasant, but the golden girl was sure that it wouldn't be long before the golden prince was trying to bridge the gap that his magic had forced between the two.

And Phaedra would happily let him.

His question however, caused a cold chill to run down Phaedra's spine. Her mind reeled at the implications, and the things that he didn't know, that she withdrew her magic completely, although unconsciously. Exhaling sharply, Phaedra realized that her gaze had dropped with surprise - something she immediately rectified. Defiantly, her pink muzzle rose into the air, as her normally flirtatious gaze narrowed slightly. Hearing Quil refer to Res as his mate, compounded with his utterance that her attempt to root him out had been sad, stung. Although the beauty queen did her best to prevent her features from wincing at his words, she very likely did so anyways.

"Well sugar, that's a little dramatic, wouldn't you say? Considering I've only met your little mate once. Even then, I'm not sure I even caught her name. I was the lead spy for the Grey at the time - our general, your lovely Captain Archibald, decided to send me into the invasion. They had created an alliance with the Basin, and I was given my orders. Your dear one-ear, was my target. Nothing personal of course. We fought. She screamed and cried. Threw sticks and stones, and I left." Throughout this retelling of events, Phaedra's sing-song voice had become decidedly less so. Her tone was even and cold, as her glistening gaze became vague, as she witnessed the events in her minds-eye. "Your Archibald and his whore of a mate, nearly killed Stella." Phaedra spat, looking up to the trees were Stella sat perched. That Circe - a warrior - had been allowed to remain in the Foothills, while Phaedra - a spy - was sent into battle, was still a fact that bitterly annoyed the sooty mare.

Exhaling and trying to regain her composure, Phaedra tossed her starstruck mane, batting her sea-green eyes at Quil as she took a breath. "Let's just say your Captain wasn't too happy when I was chosen to be Chieftess of the Foothills. My guess, is that he wouldn't take too kindly to me being in the Edge. So I did what any good spy would do. I snuck in, looking for you sugar. But you're always out and about but Res...well. She just sits in her garden all day, now doesn't she? Chatting away with the other healers. I wasn't going to hurt her...but I had heard about those adorable little pendants you wear. I only wanted to put hers on for a moment, send you a little pulse...and track you down.

Calling it a vendetta seems wildly out of proportion sugar."
She concluded, her voice and appearance having returned to one of flirtatious mischief.

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Where We Belong [Phaedra] - by Quilyan - 07-01-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: Where We Belong [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 07-01-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Where We Belong [Phaedra] - by Quilyan - 07-02-2014, 08:16 PM
RE: Where We Belong [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 07-02-2014, 08:48 PM
RE: Where We Belong [Phaedra] - by Quilyan - 07-02-2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Where We Belong [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 07-02-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: Where We Belong [Phaedra] - by Quilyan - 07-02-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Where We Belong [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 07-02-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: Where We Belong [Phaedra] - by Quilyan - 07-06-2014, 04:29 PM