the Rift

[PRIVATE] oceanside beauty pageant.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

It was so hot, and I was trying to stay cool by chilling by the beach. I was hoping to dip my hooves in the water and hopefully be cool, but really I think shade was something I needed, but there wasn't any shade around here, I mean aside from the rock shelves here and there. I can't sweat, I can't gain muscle, I have to keep this sleek, feminine body that I've begun to grow into. I want to wow the boys with my long, pretty locks and strawberry cremé body, which is so sleek. I wanted to leave a mark in everyone's book, a look that will be etched into their minds forever. I wanted to be remember as that gorgeous, flashy, fantastic girl who could knock a stallion dead by winking one of her sea green eyes and batting her pale lashes.

I look at Tin, her dark, fuzzy body still small compared to me. I look at her and ask, "what do you think, Tin?" She just flicks a little ear, grunting and prancing along beside me. Well aren't you the most useful companion ever. Really I'm not very patient or understanding, (if you haven't noticed already) really I just want to do things fast, as long as I don't ruin my image—

I cannot, be covered in mud or gross, soppy sea weed. I shiver just thinking about it. Why do others tolerate that kind of stuff? I hate gross things. I can't stand them at all. Discomfort is the worst thing, I cannot stand being uncomfortable. Or alone. I need to have someone with me at all times or I get lonely—

And being lonely is not fun at all.

It's so.. bland and boring and I don't know what to do. "That's why I've got you, Tin." I smile at her, and she seems to take it in, giving a little grunt before headbutting my shoulder with her barren forehead. What a weirdo. I roll my eyes, strutting my way down the sandy beach with not a care in the world.

@[Phaedra] (& Hotaru maybe? c:)

Image Credits

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

The Endless Blue. So much had happened here...

Tolio... the thought crashed into her mind just as the waves crashed against the shore. It was here that she had first met her cinnamon love. Where they had frolicked so care free together. Where love first budded between the unlikely duo, and disaster had struck later. Didn't the ridiculous Faelene situation occur here? Phaedra couldn't quite remember. It was also here - although far higher - that she had met Sohalia and Levi. Levi, who at one time had been a friend, and Sohalia who had never been anything but. The two had helped her fulfill her quest to the Earth God, and secure her companion.

So much...

On cue, below, Phaedra spotted a familiar shape. Stella trilled loudly, zooming down immediately to greet the youngster. The secretary bird likely had spent more time with Raeden than Phaedra had. The bird had accompanied Rae and Ru on countless adventures, always keeping them safe and reporting back to Phaedra what they had been up to. Oh just because she had been a distant mother didn't mean that she hadn't known what was going on. Still, that likely wouldn't mean much to the twins. Rae had left the Foothills shortly after Ru had, leaving Phaedra to rule without her daughters. Still, they had grown up into fine mares, hadn't they? Her distant parenting (and Tolio's complete disappearance) hadn't hurt them...had it?

Descending like a falling star, Phaedra landed lightly upon the beach. Whatever sweat had built up on her sooty coat merely looked like a lack lustre patch of starsheen, for her mane and tail glimmered so brilliantly it was hard to focus on anything else.

"Well darling". Phaedra began, trying to catch her breath, although doing so rather elegantly. She tossed her creamy mane - a move that Rae had almost perfectly mastered, before continuing. "I see you've found yourself a Cerndyr. Your sister will be so jealous."

Phaedra chuckled. Ru had always come up...rather short, when life was handing out prizes. Rae was certainly the more beautiful - although perhaps Phaedra was biased. Rae did resemble her mother, while Ru took after their father. But finding a companion...Ru certainly wouldn't be happy about that.

Stella trilled happily once more, delighted to see Rae after so long. Her bright orangey-yellow face looked at Tin with interest, as she hovered next to the trio.

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5