the Rift

[OPEN] a slender path guides them; [welcoming]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
I L L Y N X
take a look in the mirror - see the truth in your face

Rikyn plows into the Basin at top speeds, his cloven hooves splaying the sweet grasses aside as his sleek black frame races past the framework of the second sentinel, the shadow of the one that stands already blotting his already dark frame even darker; as she watches him ahead of the two adults, she is reminded most nostalgically of herself at such a young and innocent age, capable of enjoying the sensation of sunlight and the song of the birds without so much heavy thought as it required now. He pirouettes in midair, hooves spread wide as his body curves and arcs, landing with all four hooves squarely on the earth and golden eyes burning in the direction of Chernobyl and his dam.

The Lady arrives with more tact, taking her pause just inside the boundaries of the land with the bronze sentinel providing backdrop. Unleashing a quick call into the heart of the Basin to send others towards them if they were interested, she continues with her conversation from the Threshold, having completely caught up on who the major rank holders were – Torleik, Lena, d’Artagnan, Farenjer, Ulrik, Zikar-Sin, Roland – and some of the smaller quips of the herd life. She had caught up on the history up until the point of the wraiths, which leaves her with quite a somber expression on her features.

"Had you come home sooner, you may have found nothing but death opposing you. Quite a few of our numbers went missing during a dark plague that swept the land, myself infected for a time," she looks drearily out over the valley, remembering the dark day in which Circuta had come to save them too late to spare the Lady those bleak, fleeting memories. She couldn’t remember precisely what had occurred while she had been contained in that magically altered body, but she knew it was unpleasant; she had turned on the mountain, and surely had attacked her own as savagely as she did any others foolish enough to cross her path. When Midas had healed her, she bore new scars, seemingly from fire, and rippling, distant memories of having been an atrocity with wings and a beak. She shudders, despite her usual cool demeanor, unable to restrain the volatile sensations that rise through her when she remembers the darkness. "The closest word we have come up with to describe the afflicted is wraith – they were living, but not truly so, and they hungered for flesh and many of our number have yet to return from the Shadowlands. The remnants of the disaster can be seen in the Marsh – I myself have not seen it, but there have been reports that the land is dead and weeping still."

Realizing she’d gone on for quite some time as she takes note of the heavy and quite bored stare of her son, she laughs liberally with a chiming brightness that defies the subject that she had been speaking of. "But here I am, talking your ears off!" her golden eyes crinkle and sparkle, her son laughing into the mountain air with her for he agrees, "Do you wish to know of anything, yourself?"

@[Chernobyl]
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
[Image: 53b89df1e40f7]

Chernobyl

She notes the names and stories as they draw out of the mare trotting beside her, pleasantly listening as they travel along. The landscape melts and Illynx continues to inform the black unicorn of her options and the current condition of the Basin. It’s been a long time since Chernobyl has seen the rocky, colorful gorge she’s now to call home. She’s not as uncomfortable as she thought she would be – she didn’t anticipate Illynx being so decent to interact with. It seemed as though the GildedBlade didn’t mind her bluntness, or at least didn’t take obvious offense to it. Chernobyl is thankful for it; the smoothness of things always matters.

The ground becomes harder and colder, more conifers and pines. Her black eyes watch the evergreens pass, crossing through a bland and mostly flat landscape except the dark silhouettes of jagged mountain spines to the northern horizon. That is where they are headed; she can smell the wet stone and cold snow.

When Rikyn tears off ahead of them it snaps her out of her observant daze, her head snapping up and her ears flicking forward. She half-smiles as she digests what was happening – they have arrived. She looks to her travel partner, cracking a wider smile as she peels her eyes away and back to looking around. She pauses when the Lady does, taking a moment to tip her dark eyes to the giant statue guard. She blinks at him, “Hello, you..” She mutters this under her shallow breath; perhaps it has even gone unheard. She turns back to Illynx her calls out and continues her briefing, to which Chernobyl pays full attention. She tells of nearly myth-like sounding beasts and walking dead – it was all a bit much for Chernobyl to process. Surely she had heard news of the dark attack on Helovia, but she had quite honestly managed to escape the whole ordeal. She attempts to push out a sympathetic expression, but she’s sure it fails; luckily Illynx pops out of story mode and asks her one last question. “Well I’m assuming I should be off finding the Wild Eyed one, what was his name again?” She tries not to be rude, but her instinctual need for bluntness overrides manners most of the time. “Unless there is something else you need, I’d be happy to oblige.” She grins, pretty satisfied with her efforts at being helpful. What a gold star student we got here.

But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made
As you turn, you take your heart and walk away

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
I L L Y N X
take a look in the mirror - see the truth in your face

More often than not, the actions of others are lost on the golden mare for the simple fact that she is too caught up in her own thoughts and desires to lend much concern to how others are taking it in. Having grown used to the blunt and often ruthless nature of those she shared the mountain with had only further ingrained her lack of concern for the lacking or excess of manners and etiquette that existed in others. The only time a lack of grace was discovered by the Lady was if it was a series that had drawn offense from her or if it was one which desperately needed tact to flow smoothly – it was why she had looked at the drunken delegate from the Falls with such reservation and dislike. Chernobyl, however, did not pretend to be a giver of great flowing words, and the bitch could easily accept these things of her.

She observes the rise of a smile cross the dark mare’s lips as they arrive, muttering some unheard phrase to the massive metal beasts that Ulrik had created and the Gilded Blade as giddy as ever to see yet another look upon them for the first time, endlessly proud of her idea and the Engineer’s craftsmanship and firmly believing that the presence of the sentinels further bolstered the Basin as a grand leader among the herds of Helovia. To look at them is to see her victory, a hold of four kingdoms wearing crowns and she the Queen of it all, weak River Walker’s skull at her hooves and the others slaving away in the mines to satisfy the Lady’s need for beautiful and powerful things.

The realization that the conversation was ending was a pleasant one for the Lady, indeed, so used to long, drawn out explanations of the world as it stood at the present time to those arriving or returning home and elated to find that she will have extra time to teach her son – perhaps even the winged deviant she had been manipulated into allowing home with her and to suckle from her teats.

"If you have no further inquiries, it is my pleasure to allow you to carry forward with your homecoming," she says with a smile, nodding politely as the words flow from her, "Zikar-Sin haunts the caves or the Mirror. He’s small, but hard to miss with that monocle of his." She laughs in good humor at the odd little Haruspex, hoping that Chernobyl finds him as endearing as she herself does.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.