the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wrap my spirit in reassurance [Midas] (closed)

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Cashmere
To my great relief, Midas hears my exhalation. As prey animals, we have pretty good hearing, but I was awfully quiet in my calling. He must have been nearby, to hear me as such. He comes upon me from behind, and is gentle in his approach. I do appreciate his leadership and companionship. I trust him, perhaps more than I trust anyone else. (Well, I'm not so sure.. Sohalia is probably the one I trust the most.) 'Welcome home, Cashmere.' He greets me, and I realize he must have seen me entering the homeland. He extends his soft muzzle to mine, and I return the gentle greeting that he offers me. The velvet touch softens the angst that I realize has been building up inside me, and the dam bursts. I let out a dry sob, tears not able to keep up with the emotion that comes so fast.

I went to the Veins. The Earth God.. he told me that the quest I had done.. I had not done well enough. He sent me back on another. I feel so much shame. I press my face against his shoulder (if he will allow me), trying to hide the tears that are finally falling as I speak. My pride is crushed, ashamed of my shortcomings. Though I resolved to try harder than before, and to not let it get to me.. I cannot help but feel that I have failed. The Voice inside of me smirks. She likes seeing me down and beating myself up; I think it makes her job easier. Though I've wondered where she's been lately, I can see that she's just been sitting back and watching me ruin myself. Figures. I pull my head back and try to suck back my tears and toughen up. I don't feel like giving the Voice the satisfaction of seeing me melt down. Besides, my king is here comforting me and I don't need him thinking that I am so weak. I snuffle, trying to control the runny liquid that comes from my eyes and my nose. Pathetic, really, but I can't seem to control it. Will Midas understand?

Walk. Talk.
WC: 359
What is BROKEN cannot always be REMADE
Image Credit
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wrap my spirit in reassurance [Midas] - by Cashmere - 07-06-2014, 11:21 PM