the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wrap my spirit in reassurance [Midas] (closed)

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Cashmere
His touch is gentle and he lays aside the wisps of grey that fall over my soft chocolate eyes. They shine with the fresh tears that I've shed, but show all the questions that I have inside, the turmoil that bubbles there and threatens to consume me. Of course it doesn't help that the Voice still lurks inside me, biding her time. Now and then, I think that maybe she has left me, leaving me a whole, cured being. But she stirs inside me, a sly beast lying in wait, and though she leaves me be for now, I know that our battle together is not over. His words draw me away from said battle. Fina the Phoenix resides on his back, looking now and then between me and her companion. The painted stallion is kind to me, and does not judge me for my lack of understanding or experience with the Gods and with magic. What he says is true, I do have the Earth God's magic already coursing through my veins. I draw upon his strength to create from stone, but there is something.. different about it for me. Perhaps because it is not my natural element, stone that is, that I do not feel the elation or inspiration that some might expect. I feel strength and power, as if suddenly my whole body has bulked up with the might of a God. I wonder if Elsa feels the same way when she channels the mighty God's power.

Midas poses an interesting question, and at first, I'm not sure how to answer. I stay quiet, offering no umm's or er's as I contemplate how I shall answer. A sigh passes through my lips and my head drops a few inches. Not with the stone crafting that I do as a Mason. Perhaps because it is not my natural element? I feel strong and powerful, but the creativity and intuition that I might hope for is absent. I pause as a dangerous possibility dawns on my poor, worn mind. Am I not meant to be a crafter? Is this not my path? I pray it isn't true. I have always wanted to make things, and it is true that I get joy when I complete any sort of project. But it has not been the journey that I might have first expected. Is there something wrong with me? Some inadequacy that I have not foreseen let alone addressed? The Voice rumbles inside of me, threatening to add her own cynical, bully opinion to the conversation. She does not have to speak for me to know what she would say: she would confirm my inadequacy, my inexperience, and my unworthiness. My insecurities do her job for her.

Walk. Talk.
@[Midas]
What is BROKEN cannot always be REMADE
Image Credit
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wrap my spirit in reassurance [Midas] - by Cashmere - 07-13-2014, 03:24 PM