the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wrap my spirit in reassurance [Midas] (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Yar, her insecurity becomes painfully obvious. I’m finding myself looking at her and gazing past the fretful eyes into a time when Cera had questioned his abilities—aye, say true, he probably still did. Who was to say that this little woman didn’t have a future with crafting; there had been a time when I’d never considered metal work as a journey that would eventually overtake my steps. Yet, it had all the same.

“Nay,” I voiced softly but firmly. “I can’t answer that. Only ye will know if such magic is meant to stir within ye.” When the gods granted us power, it wasn’t simply an increase to our strength or agility—or even abilities. More so the action awakened a small fraction of our minds, allowed us to sense what these bodies were capable of.

Just as a gangly yearling wouldn’t realize his/her full potential until they’d become a seasoned vet. We were like sucking babes, completely unaware until having actually crossed said threshold. “Thee will grow naturally into power. Tis the only way ye will know.” I moved on, progressing toward answering her first question—and perhaps aiding in the completion of this quest.

“Earth said to understand how it feels to craft? Physically and emotionally?”

A small grin curled my lips, the gesture was mainly out of an effort to lighten her heart, “Physically, it takes great strength of both mind and body to control magic. Tis great wisdom to practice and meditate often—for some crafting abilities take years to fully mature within our lacking mortal bodies and fragile minds.”

“For me,” my smile grew, “There is no greater joy than nurturing the fruit of our labor.” Every good designer/mason could understand the fulfillment of completing their tasks.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wrap my spirit in reassurance [Midas] - by Midas - 07-15-2014, 01:03 PM