the Rift

[PRIVATE] the dark never bothered me [Cheveyo]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

Sleep was something I was quite unfamiliar with. Sleep always seemed to bring along the memories of a bloodied body sprawled across the ground as a feathered stick stuck perpendicular to the body's chest...it brought back all the memories that I worked so hard to keep at bay on a daily basis. So sleep was something that I avoided with anything I possibly could, especially during the night when everyone else was dozing peacefully under the watchful gaze of the moon and stars, there was no need to trouble them with screams of grief while they dreamed of rainbows and foals skittering to and fro.
Some nights it was easy to fight off the sleep, wandering about aimlessly, going and staring at the shattered wall, wondering over what I was going to be here in the Edge. Of course there were nights in which I had to fight myself against the sleep that crept so close to my consciousness. Tonight was one of those nights, everything seemed to be trying it's damnedest at lulling me to sleep. From the fireflies to the crickets, to the gentle breeze that was caressing my multi-hued frame. But so far, I was proving to be the victor by pacing back and forth in circles. I could feel the demons of my past poking and prodding at my grey matter, waiting for my lids to fall over orchid pools so they could begin their plan of attack that night. A shudder passed over my frame before a low growl coming from behind me drew my attention away from the internal struggle.
With a snort I turned to look upon the great brown beast that accompanied the Constrictor everywhere she went. "Evening Eytan." I bobbed my white washed skull in a greeting to the grizzly bear before he turned on his hind paws and began moving away, looking over his shoulder occasionally to make sure that I was following him. For a second, I wondered if something was wrong with the Constrictor, but the bear wasn't moving quite as fast as I would expect had she been injured.
As we drew close enough to see the mare's white markings glowing in the light of the moon, our strides shortened ever so slightly as the bear moved away from my side to rejoined his bonded. Pulling to a halt, I bobbed my white washed skull to the horned mare as well, she was now a Captain along with the hulking Archibald. It was an honor to be serving under Ktulu once more, and I was honestly excited to see the greatness she would bring to the Edge. "Evening Ktulu." My words pierced through the cricket filled air as my orchid pools drifted away from the mare to take in our surroundings, especially the gap in the wall that we were standing at. Was something going to happen tonight, or would this be a peaceful patrol?

Speech
Tag:: @[Ktulu]
Words:: 488
Notes:: D: Sorry it is so short.

credits

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Messages In This Thread
the dark never bothered me [Cheveyo] - by Ktulu - 07-03-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: the dark never bothered me [Cheveyo] - by Cheveyo - 07-04-2014, 10:03 AM