the Rift

[PRIVATE] the dark never bothered me [Cheveyo]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

I assumed that it was strange that I didn't sleep, cat naps during the day were my way of getting a few moments of rest. But they never lasted for long before the terrors began slipping in through the cracks in the door of the filing cabinet I tried to keep them in. Keeping them there was like trying to catch the rain though, pointless. "Cheveyo."
The mare's voice brought me back to reality as she stared at the crumbling wall. Momentarily, I wondered what my purpose was standing here in the middle of the night, but I was so thankful for the late night meeting with the newest Captain of the Edge. Any distraction from my body's natural want to sleep was welcomed with wide open arms. Chestnut harks swiveled as I waited for the next string of words that would likely be an order, a reason to stay awake. A reason that many others would find taxing but I would consider to be an amazing gift.
"These walls offer nothing in the way of defense." The black, bronze, and white mare spoke up as she looked over at my own frame rather than at the crumbling wall. Her gaze was a familiar one, as she had been a great leader when the Gray was still up and running, but I had been much more of a shadow in that herd rather than anything that could have been noticed for more than a mere second. "I want to patrol the entire length of the wall. Once we've patrolled the wall you will be free to go about your day however you may please until your next patrol." I calculated the path we would be taking in my grey matter and was quite happy to realize that it would take us until daybreak to reach the star gate from where we stood. Hopefully, I would continue to get chosen to take on midnight patrols rather than the daytime ones where I could be sparring instead.
"Understood." My voice sounded so unnatural and foreign against the chipping of the crickets and other bugs that had taken up shelter around the shattered glass wall. As soon as the last syllable broke from my vocal chords the Constrictor had turned and began the patrolling, my own yellow painted hooves struck out in the same direction as if by instinct. I prayed nothing bad would befall the Edge on such a peaceful night, but at the same time I yearned for excitement.

Speech
Tag:: @[Ktulu]
Words:: 418
Notes:: <3

credits

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Messages In This Thread
the dark never bothered me [Cheveyo] - by Ktulu - 07-03-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: the dark never bothered me [Cheveyo] - by Cheveyo - 07-05-2014, 08:38 AM