the Rift

!! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Fina sneered at him, growing more and more perturbed by each passing second that he lingered by and by. Flaming feathers yearned for the midnight bird to draw near, press his beak against her spine and feel the heat of firelight. She was phoenix, bound by nature’s law to stand alone against all except her bonded. In a way the girl actually envied Silas; perhaps that was why his very presence was so greeted with little regard toward mannerism. He had the freedom to touch at will, and without the fear of harming another creature. She could scarcely brush the bark of trees or flora without sieging the plant life around her.

These few years of practice had taught her to dim the flames, which enabled said girl to touch inanimate objects without causing harm…To extinguish the light would mean death; there was no way for her to learn intimacy with anyone other than Midas. Dragons seemed immune to those flames, thus the reason why she favored the company of slithering serpents to that of her own kind.

When Silas came flying over, perching close enough for her to actually taste his scent upon her tongue. She stiffened and very nearly recoiled from said branch; yet instead she held on (obviously she’d been the first to perch so if anyone was to take flight again it would be him) watching with sharp eyes as he softly spoke. Flaming chest remained puffed, but his insistent cooing had lulled the tempered fire. Gaze gentled ever so slightly, turning from him with an almost blunt regard. Tail feathers fanned out from behind and flicked against the branch.

Meanwhile, I was starting to speak again. Lips flapping apart when I noticed that the young grey bird had moved from its perch to stand upon spongy turf. Honeyed gaze drifted over, only halfway curious as it appeared to be just an average avian. That mild curiosity didn’t last long, I was stunned into silence as said creature changed. Shimmering mist gathered from seemingly nowhere and everywhere; a quiet gasp passed where words should have been. The sounds of cracking bones and spluttering fragments crackled in the air.

Fina had grown silent in the trees and was actually leaning forward to see this transformation. Having completely forgotten her grief over Silas. The beginnings of a snarl curled my lips, feathers rose. Protectively stretching from their sheath, armored collar hummed, feeling the rush of heat course though my blood like hot iron. I seethed and waited, preparing for the worst possible spirit to emerge from that innocent looking frame.

When Africa solidified, my jaw had dropped open and gaze went wide like a child who had just witnessed his first bolt of lightning. For a moment the world held still and then she spoke. I unfroze, sliding feathers shut once more and relaxing into the soil once again, “Well met,” I replied softly, holding her gaze as if it was just us two.

When had magic grown within her?

Either way, I appeared to be the only one surprised or otherwise set back by this sudden development. The stranger, had asked a question and gone into finishing our introductions,“Yar,” I said, finally turning attention back to the painted lass with a wounded wing, “I currently hail from a land of water and timber.” Honeyed gaze slipped back to Africa, a small smile curling my lips before returning to our company, “Ye now stands upon Helovia soil," her wrapped appendage looked painful and poorly managed. An infection would set in if she didn't tend to those wounds soon, "There are medics nearby that could mend ye.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
!! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Laedere - 07-04-2014, 11:51 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Midas - 07-06-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Africa - 07-07-2014, 05:56 AM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Laedere - 07-07-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Midas - 07-08-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Africa - 07-10-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Laedere - 07-11-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Midas - 07-12-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Africa - 07-15-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Laedere - 07-16-2014, 02:44 AM