the Rift

[OPEN] getting HIGH on clouds

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
Games. They were an act of jest, meant to be fun, recreational, to amuse and past the time. Why was I entering in one now? Why did I feel the ned to hide all of my identity, to behave so blasé, to see what buttons I could push? I reflected on my return to the lands, on the interaction with Rostislav - I was glad to have the wounds he inflicted healed by the girl from the Throat - I had deduced that he was one I could manipulate, twist to suit whatever whim I desired at the time.. Now I had seemingly done it again, though not with direct intent. I simply was in an aloof frame of mind, one where I felt like floating amongst the sky, joining the clouds in their lazy meandering across the blue blanket of atmosphere, and nothing more. Perhaps that was why I was behaving so strange, and had no desire to change it. Today, I was simply a cloud.

The way she says my name, (or at least, the name I gave her), with the endearing word before it, gives me a second of pause. Though I am well guarded, my smirk slips for that second, soon to be replaced by a raised 'brow and curious smile. My weight shifts as the magenta-winged creature nears me, always prepared for a physical altercation that I was. The space closes between us, until it feels almost intimate - which I supposed happened when one fought too, as the closer you were, the more accurate your attacks could be.

Were we playing a game of strategy, where accuracy was key? Did she need to get closer to me so that she could lay her best offensive weapons against me, with hopes of crawling in beneath my own defenses?

Was she even aware of the game I played?

My tail sweeps the grasses behind me, my wings folding tightly against me, so that even as the breeze blows between is, my feathers do not ruffle, do not touch her. We weren't friends, I knew nothing of her and she of me - and I was more than happy to keep it that way. I sighed, and rolled a shoulder into a shrug, indicating my further indifference to her existence. It was probably rude of me, but the desire to explore was still within me, and I suddenly found the surrounding island far more interesting than her. "Suppose you won't mind me grabbing a quick snack to eat and exploring then.." I say, lowering my crown down as I cocked a hindleg, lips nipping at the grass between my fores, tasting but hardly swallowing.

@[Arvakl]
:)
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    getting HIGH on clouds - by Arvakl - 07-06-2014, 04:47 PM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Cirrus - 07-11-2014, 09:21 AM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Arvakl - 07-12-2014, 09:54 PM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Cirrus - 07-17-2014, 04:13 AM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Arvakl - 07-17-2014, 10:42 PM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Cirrus - 07-20-2014, 07:45 AM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Arvakl - 07-23-2014, 12:05 AM