the Rift

[PRIVATE] They Don't Know About Us

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Despite it being an honest mistake, Lakota shouldered the worry as if Ktulu were still her queen, nodding solemnly but with a sincerity of apology in the depths of her violet gaze. It had been foolish, but it lay in the past, no matter how recent. There was no point in attempting to continue apologizing when it was not in her nature. She had spoken what she'd needed, Ktulu had forgiven her, there was nothing else to be said or done on the matter. There were other far more pressing topics on Lakota's mind in that moment, after all. One that seemed to inspire tension in Ktulu's frame as she spoke, not out of disagreement- Lakota knew her mate too well to come to such an inaccurate conclusion- but from what Lakota could tell...was it jealousy? Worry? Hatred? It seemed to be a mixture, and while Lakota could not read her mate's thoughts she most definitely wished she could in that moment. Why so many odd, convoluted emotions?

Whatever the reason, the further she spoke, it seemed to vanish all at once. Momentarily regarding Ktulu quizzically, she decided there was no point in inquiring what she'd been thinking of when it had clearly passed. Others may have been insulted by how Ktulu brushed aside her worry, but Lakota did not care for such things, for she was no typical mare who cared about complacency and comfort. She desired the truth and the honesty, something Ktulu equally sought and what made them a good match for one another. Her eyes hardened in determination and she smirked, slow and easy, a coil of poison and desire. "They are the creators of nature, and I am a stubborn mare. Who's to know if they would if we don't at least try?" The latter was far more sincere than what she'd started out with. But it was the truth at least. She was a very stubborn mare, and she'd get what she wanted even if it meant having to be a thorn in the ass of every God she came across.

Laughing at herself when Ktulu caught her in her lie, she shook her head with an endeared smirk. "Ah, I'm a wonderful liar, just not with you my love." It was partly teasing, an echo of a time long past when they had danced around one another after the dramatic departure of Ktulu's cousin. She held no shame in having been found out. Sobering only when Ktulu mentioned the responsibility that came with foals, nodding. "I've thought over this many moons, Ktulu. They are a lot of time, require much care. I know this. But I do not hold such an important position anymore." There was a faint tinge of regret, desiring her old position and the busy lifestyle she'd once led. "You are the Captain now, you are far busier, but I have the time to spare raising them. Of course I would not be the sole parent, you are not that consumed with your tasks, but I have far more time and it would not be so tiring as it would have had I still been Medic." Had the pair held their same positions, Lakota would not have asked for a foal, she knew they would never have been able to raise them the way they deserved.

Love and delight bubbled up like a fountain in her chest, emotions she wasn't used to feeling but reveled in. Snorting happily she jumped forth and wrapped her lips around Ktulu's mane, pulling like an excited foal as she pulled her to her chest despite their height difference. "Thank you Ktulu," she breathed, eyes nearly sparking with excitement. "Oh, can we leave soon? I don't give a damn about your duties, give them to that painted lass for one night," she barked, knowing Ktulu would understand that she was merely excited and truly did care about Ktulu's duties.

Wash the poison from my skin, show me how to be whole again
Image Credits
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
They Don't Know About Us - by Lakota - 07-06-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Ktulu - 07-06-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Lakota - 07-06-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Ktulu - 07-07-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Lakota - 07-09-2014, 08:50 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Ktulu - 07-21-2014, 06:33 PM
RE: They Don't Know About Us - by Lakota - 07-23-2014, 10:29 PM