the Rift

[OPEN] bioluminescence

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
Across the Meadow, another young belle wandered, separated from her twin, her mother, her father. Across the Meadow, this girl, still a child in experiences and mind, frolicked and danced, seemingly carefree in her solitude, though really she was merely avoiding thinking about that which had the potential to cause her upset. The girl had not returned to the World's Edge, not yet. For whatever reason, she felt ill prepared for it, ill-equipped to handle returning to a land where her mother clearly still did not reside. For if she did, surely I would know, wouldn't I? Her own thoughts questioned her, her own mind doubting the decision to avoid the lands until such a thing as her mother called her to them. The belle was split in her decision, for while she knew her mother did not reside there, she did know where another relative lived. Not just lived, but worked and flourished beneath the warm watch of the Sun God, one whom the girl held a wary respect for, for his power and temper were renowned. Tandavi seemed to enjoy her life though, from what she could gleam - the belle yearned to follow her, to know more about her, to earn her forgiveness.. But Amaris knew not where to even begin.

Scales of gold reflected much of the sunlight that beared down upon her, though the girl still kept her wings expanded as she wandered the Meadow, the veins of blood full and raised so as to encourage her bodice to keep cool in the oppressive TallSun weather. By her side, as always, there glowed a duo of spirits, their shapes draconic and playful in nature, their light hints at the very real fire their ethereal bodies could produce. Amaris pleaded with them to keep it in their maws, though a flame still sparked from the pointed snout of one or the other as they squabbled noisily in the sky above. Just keep it away from the grass, the girl commanded, rather more harshly than she intended. Though she herself was mostly fire-proof, the belle did not want to be responsible for the danger a fire in this season could lead to - death, destruction, an entire land turned to nothing but an ashy wasteland. Amaris knew of the stories of the extended TallSun her mother and father experienced in their first turn of year within Helovia, though she was too young to see the scars, the reminders of such a time on the land, she could imagine with ease, the destruction fire had wrought.

A splash caught her attention, her ears turning atop her gilded crown, her step pausing to consider that which had otherwise slipped her notice, too deep in thought she had been. Nostrils flared, and she smelt the wet, cleanliness that hinted at water nearby. As she heard the trickle of liquid over rocks, a thirst suddenly clawed at her, and she could not help but listen to the call her body made to seek the source out. Picking up a trot, the belle rounded a bend in hill and tree, and found the stream to be occupied already by one painted with earthly and crème tones. Amaris paused in her step once more, watching the youth's actions with kind amusement - it seemed she was not the only one craving a drink and perhaps a dunk in the river. The dragon-mare smiled a small smile, lowering her tiara down as she approached the water's edge, lips lapping at the fluid which would satiate the burning in her throat. A few swallows wet her tongue and mouth, and the girl longed to linger with her lips pressed to the surface for longer, but did not want to seem impolite to the stranger before her any longer.

"Hello," she said softly, as she lifted her sculpted tiara from the level of the water and took a tentative step forward, so that her hoof dipped into the water. "I'm Amaris," she added, her tones gentle and friendly, her eyes speaking nothing but kindness and polite curiosity. Around her, green and brown spirits floated, their usual cacophony silenced for the moment as they too, considered the new creature before them. "Is the water nice?" she asked quietly, almost shyly, hoping to earn herself an invite into the stream so that she too could temporarily escape the TallSun heat.

@[Asch]
Brush Credit
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
bioluminescence - by Asch - 07-06-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: bioluminescence - by Amaris - 07-26-2014, 08:29 AM
RE: bioluminescence - by Asch - 08-13-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: bioluminescence - by Amaris - 08-14-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: bioluminescence - by Asch - 08-25-2014, 07:43 PM