the Rift

[PRIVATE] Hideous insides

Sorrow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

What purpose do I have left? Father is gone. I had found him and he slipped through my grasp like the wind. My tears have been shed and I know I need to hold my head high and rise above it all. I had wandered to the land of the Dragon’s Throat, but there is nothing there for me other than hideous wingless and miles of sand and water. I want to rule a fearsome kingdom of pure bloods not mutated freaks! All I can do now is think of my next move. So far, leaving this place and searching for my father is seeming the most plausible. He is my only known family left and it pains me to even think that he is dead. I will not believe he is dead. Surely my father lives on!

I find myself in a nice clearing. Softly I sniffle to myself as I return to my old despair. I know, I know, I said my tears have been shed but I just have been filled with a deep longing for my parents. Overhead I hear a loud caw and I stare at the bird above me, a sad smile passing over my lips. Oh mother is that you watching over me? I take comfort in that thought. Even if father has vanished the gods spirits still walk with me. I stare as the bird takes flight and leaves me.

“Good bye friend,” I call softly after it. I’m tempted to follow, to leave behind Helovia to seek out new thrones. There are kingdoms waiting to be conquered and I only want to do that at my father’s side. “Why must I live in a land of filth and muck?”

[ @[Kahula] ]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
K A H L U A
The queen traipsed the land gaily, dancing with a lightness that she had not allowed her heart to feel in a long time. She was beginning to live with the fact that she was a murderess, understand that it was not her fault and that there was nothing she could have done, accept that she was just an unwitting pawn thrown into Aurelia’s path of destruction. The Moon Goddess has soothed her aching soul, mended her shattered glass heart, and put the girl back together. Her patron was a kind deity, a loving mare if a bit cold at times, and Kahlua could not have been prouder to serve her.

While she strayed away from her kingdom today, for only a few hours at the most as there was much to do and so little time to do it in, the queen decided that it had been far too long since she had attempted to complete her quest for the Lord Sun. She had spoken to two unicorns, one racist and one not, and had conversed at length with Eva about racism and herds and politics. Now she only had to find a racist equine to complete her task. The queen frowned at the very idea, of course, but it was a task she could not ignore. She needed this quest to help save her people.

So she danced around the meadow, stopping to ask any equine stranger she saw about unicorns and pegasi, trying to gauge their level of like or dislike, attempting to determine who she could speak to about this matter without causing upset or strife. Still, no matter how many she asked, it seemed that all were at least ok with the other species. That was how it should be, of course. Looking back towards her homeland, the queen sighed. It would be time to go now- she needed to be there for her family.

It was only as she was getting ready to head home that she heard a soft, sad voice speak out. Why must I live in a land of filth and muck? As the ground around her was as clean as she supposed it could get, the queen cocked her head in curiosity and decided to delay her trip home for a moment longer. “What filth and muck do you mean?” she asked kindly, nodding her head in greeting. “I’m Kahlua.”

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Sorrow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Out of the blue another approached and came with questions. Sorrow turned her head in the direction of the stranger. For a long moment she remained silent and studied the other figure. Though devout in her hatred, she knew better than to simply thrust about her thoughts and opinions. In her previous wanderings it had brought upon nothing but trouble to herself when others knew. But Tyradon’s daughter was too filled with rage and sadness to care what the other thought.

Them,” She said her tone oozing with loathing. “The unicorns with their ‘crowns’, the pegasi with their foul wings, they are tainted blood MUTANTS.” That last word she shouted violently to the air and Sorrow inhaled deeply and shook her head slightly. “I’m sorry, I lost control for a moment. My name is Sorrow. I hope you’ll pardon my previous uh, outburst.”

The Giantess shifted and looked down towards the ground. She wanted her father. She wanted her mother. She simply wanted her family to coddle her and tell her everything was alright. She wanted to be reassured that wasn’t alone anymore and that she wouldn’t have to keep searching for things that never seemed to be found. Sorrow had thought she was home to stay in Helovia but that was swiftly coming to a change. With her father’s absence she would go in search of him, scour the earth and find her sole family member left.

“What’s your name?” Sorrow asked spontaneously out of her silence. Some company would do her some good and she hoped perhaps she was with a likeminded fellow.

[Sorry for the wait]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
K A H L U A
It was a curious sentiment to be excited about, this mare's obvious racism, but Kahlua could not have been more pleased with herself. After searching so far and long for someone to complete her quest with, it seemed that the gods had finally smiled favorably upon her. So instead of being put off by Sorrow's vehemence, her hatred, her anger, Kahlua found herself drawing nearer in kind determination, ready and willing to make the imagined conversation in her head a reality. Still, just to be safe, and because she was frequently a fear-filled creature when it came to matters such as this, Kahlua released her rank magic upon their meeting. Immediately a sense of calm washed over her and, she assumed, over Sorrow.

“I'm Kahlua,” she repeated kindly enough, though for once she used her brain and did not mention her home and position in the Edge. Perhaps her name was known about Helovia, or perhaps it was not, but the queen was not so ready to throw herself under the bus. If this mare hated other species and her herd was trying to integrate them all into one, unified group... well, it opened a lot of doors the queen was not so eager to deal with. Cautiously, she returned to the subject she was more interested in.

“It's fine, my friend, I do not mind your outburst at all. You seem rather upset about the unicorns and the pegasi. Did they do something to you?” It was genuine curiosity, pleasantly placed, blue eyes shining in the warm summer sun as she looked upon Sorrow. “I only ask because you seem so upset... sometimes it is better to talk about these things.” She hoped her pressing and prodding would not be too much and that her combination of kindness and magic would work wonders on this angry, hateful soul that stood before her. Excited as she was, it was all Kahlua could do not to burst out and demand that she be told the answers to all the questions that she had right now.

But if her time had queen had taught her nothing else, it had at least taught her some small amount of patience.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post