the Rift

[DROP] Quest Drop | Burn it down

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

Rei felt disappointment coursing through her veins. The feeling was so overwhelming that she could nearly swear that she could actually taste the bitter emotion in her mouth. It irritated her that she was in such a sour mood. The spotted mare shook her head as if she could physically remove the thoughts of jealousy from her head. It was wrong for her to be so wrought with such feelings towards another's success. Remembering the look of joy that passed over the young colt's face whenever he was given the companion egg she smiled slightly, for one so young he had been clever. The young deserved such opportunities after all. Rei just had not realized just how badly she desired a companion. Seeing her new found friends interacting with their companions and nearly gaining one of her own had awakened a constant dull ache of longing deep within her bones and soul. In her out of character despondent wanderings she came across quite a spectacle that snapped her into a brighter curious mood.

It was the flowers that caught her eyes first. Their smell was sweeter and their colors were more vibrant than any she had seen before. The being standing in their midst was glorious. Rei had seen grand equines, unicorns, and pegasi while in Helovia but this stallion was a league all his own. In wide eyed awe she gingerly made her way towards him with her head ducked and her wings slightly spread in a gesture similar to a salute. Once close enough to him she smoothly dipped into a bow. Overhearing snippets of conversation that buzzed like overzealous bees throughout the clearing the title of God of the Sun was mentioned breathlessly.

She was face to face with a God.

"I am Rei," she paused flustered trying to decide on the correct title to address him with, "I am honored to be in your presence my Lord." She hoped that the Helovians she had over heard had addressed him correctly. "I do not wish to step beyond my boundaries, but what brings you here?" She was making inquisitive small talk with a God, the sheer absurdity of the situation left her with a modest but amused grin on her face. She lifted her eyes to look at the Sun God directly in the face.

While stepping back to a polite distance she chuckled inwardly. Since foal-hood she had been instructed to never directly look at the sun. And here she was. Looking directly into his eyes Rei had gazed at the sun. Who would have thought that doing so would be easy on the eyes.

His body was the color of gold glinting gaudily in the light of day. It was his massive ivory colored wingspan with the flames obediently dancing at his feathertips that clutched her attention in its display the longest. His horns proudly arched skyward like a regal crown upon his head where they nestled in his white mane that silvery flames also lapped at. A fiery appearance for one with a temperament that seemed to be equally fiery.

The spotted pegasus stood in awe watching and listening as travelers came from every direction to meet the fiery stallion.

"You must be a great God for your followers to greet you with such respectful reverence." The words rang with the earnestness of her tone. It was not that Rei was calculating her words in mere flattery towards The God of the Sun, each word was genuine.

For the first time she looked around and looked at the others who had gathered. Of those that she met eyes with she flashed them a brilliant smile that was infused with the excitement and comradery that was forged by sharing such a surreal moment together. Her gaze stopped on the young colt who had gained the companion egg. Smiling at the child tenderly she mouthed a quiet "Congratulations!".

Turning back the the golden god she wondered what he would say or do. Was this simply a meet and greet, or did he come with purpose?

OOC:

I am unsure if it counts or not, but Rei has had a refusal here in the thread Carpentry Lessons.

Rei would like a Parrotlet companion.

Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
A third time she finds herself before the Sun, and this time she is ready. Firechild and her brother float on languid feet to the top of the world, leaving behind the fears of the past; longing for nothing but to touch the sky, the children are innocent bystanders of fate. That the Sun has appeared makes sense in her mind: he is a promise of summer and the future and light, a reminder that the woes of the darkness are left far behind. For how could there be sorrow on this glorious day? She thinks that, perhaps, this is perfection. She thinks that, if she forgets what is wrong with the world, forgets what she has seen and lost and felt and herd, if she forgets that she is sad, she can freeze this moment in time and be happy forever. She thinks maybe she can remember nothing but this, forever.

She pulls alongside Lace and smiles, content in the beauty of the fiery flowers and oblivious to the uneasy truce between her friend and the Sun. Her mother once told her that the golden stains their family bore was a 'gift' from the god; and she, too young to understand, was happy to think that her gold-slashed face and the stars on her back were a gift from the Lord of Fire. She does not speak, but watches the golden beast with wide black eyes, wondering if he will speak to her again, if he will tell her she is doing well as his healer, in his land. She hopes she is. She is afraid she is not.

[ ooc | Questing for magic upgrade: Light x Fire :: able to control the shape of her healing sparks, forming them into animals, weapons, etc.

If she doesn't get chosen and it's possible to do this, I'd love if he could give her the non-upgraded healing magic in this thread, since that's a prize redemption and she doesn't have it IC yet <3

Previous refusals: Listen ]

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

- bg - table - image -

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Somnus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Somnus traipsed along under the sweltering sun that bore down upon his black and gold coat. His turquoise mane clung to his neck, head lowered as he moved forward up the mountainside hoping to find cooler temperatures. The fog closed around his slender body, and a content sigh slipped through his lips at the moisture.

The stallion trekked on for awhile at an easy pace, sandy tail flicking absently as his cloven toes dug into the path that took him up. He broke through the fog to find a throng of people gathered in front of a golden stallion covered in flames. Tall, molten flowers flowed around the stag, and Somnus' sharp blue eyes watched in a sense of awe. His ears picked up the light greetings for this.. Lord, as the others were saying. Somnus picked his way through the field quietly, not knowing where exactly to stand. He recognized a few from the Falls, but didn't really know any of the others gathered here. His slender body slipped in next to a grey unicorn mare who seemed to be turning away from this.. Lord. His light eyes flitted to her curiously, before he turned back to the golden stallion dressed in flames and dipped his horned head to him in respect, as that seemed the right thing to do.

Golden, glittering sand pulsed underneath him, and Somnus realized he did not even know why everyone was gathered here. But if this stallion was a Lord, as everyone was saying, there must be an importance to this gathering. The sun still bore down upon him, and the stream bubbling not fair away caressed his ears and urged him over to fight the heat that blazed on relentlessly. The slight breeze that tickled his pelt was a welcome gift as he watched the flames that flicked along he stallion, waiting patiently for him to speak.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."
Wishes (though he doesn't know it xD) for an upgrade to his current magic:
[ Earth x Light (U) | uses sand shapes to put other characters in a dream state/control their dreams]
and he would probably ask about his history/what his name is at the least because he still doesn't know :x
- bg - table - manip -
table by whit

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
It was hard to ignore the pull of a God.

From my perch atop the clouds, I could watch the Lord of the Sun descend from his fiery perch, watch as each seep of his wings brought down more flames, watch as the light of the very world seemed to revolve around him. I was reminded of the fiery pillar that lit my old home during the time when the Sun did not rise, and absently, my gaze was drawn south, as if I might spy it once more.

The only fire to hold my attention today, it would seem, would be the Lord of all Fire itself.

My path was a large circle, my descent slow as I simply admired the steed who was said to create the home I thrived on for so many years. As I observed him further, as I felt the heat radiating from him, I could believe it. It was as if I were transported back home, as my limbs found purchase upon the ground, the dried grasses beneath my feet crinkled. I watched others went towards him, some asking questions, some moving forward as a single group, others hanging back.

I felt my hide change, the clear blue skies painting me close to my true roan colour. But there was a brightness to them, a certain glow that filled my hide. As my footsteps brought me nearer to his majestic form, my own hide mimicked that of the Sun standing before me. I would be lying if I said my very soul was not warmed by his presence - it was like he could see the gaping hole that was left by your death, and fill it with his light.

I paused myself a respectable distance, barely sparing a glance to ensure I did not interfere with others' views of the fiery one before us, before I simply lowered my head, sketching a bow - exposing my broken self to his gleaming magnificence.

Magic:
Light x Water :: Able to imbue water (such as rain, tears, puddles) with healing properties. If drunk, can aid with healing of internal injuries. If applied directly to an open wound, it will accelerate healing. If drunk or applied where there is no injury, it can have a rejuvenation effect.

Battle Restrictions :: Takes a lot of concentration. Can only be used once per battle.
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

God of the Sun Posts: 198
    Helovian Ancient
    Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
    Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

Of course it does not take them long to arrive, nor does the God expect it to.

The first to arrive is BELLONA, who remains humbly silent. The sun stallion appreciates this respect, for it is far better to remain silent and attentive, than to try and guess what it is the God wants to hear. He is such a fickle thing, but on this day, the coloured-girl has chosen wisely.

As OPHELIA arrived, the Sun God remained silent. He watched, gaze smouldering, as she knelt before him. It appeared she too was going to remain silent, until her pale frame turned to leave. Rage and annoyance immediately began to simmer, causing the flames that danced upon his neck to flare instantly. "DO NOT-" He began, his voice a forceful shout, white hot with anger. As soon as the words left his lips, he wished he had simply forced her to stay. To immobilize her limbs and make her remain by his side. Or cast her away with fire once more. Either would have been preferable to asking. And yet, he would. "-go." He concluded, the ire in his voice melting away to reveal hints of kindness, that only a few had heard from him.

The God sneered as ALIJA knelt before him. The burning wind that scalded her knees was perhaps too strong, his anger with OPHELIA not fully having dissipated yet. Still, a member of his own herd, seeking the magic of his siblings? It was beyond rude.

He cast a firey glance towards LACE, his lips forming a tight line. "Just because you were spared once, does not mean I'll be so gracious a second time." He snapped angrily, unsatisfied with the comfortable tone with which LACE addressed him. "You'll see." He responded vaguely, to the marked's second question.

As ARVAKL speaks, the God sneered and lashed his white-hot tail, sending globs of liquid fire scattering behind him. "This and everything other day."

His gaze was next to fall upon ZUNDEN, who, like BELLONA had chosen to remain silent. It was a wise move, especially from one so long. And another from his brother's herd...Interesting.

Turning to the unicorn CANEO, the God stomps a cloven hoof. "It's afternoon." He replied curtly.

As AMANI rushed his way, a smile - the first yet - braced his golden lips. "Hello AMANI." He replied kindly, glad to see a member of his own herd. At least, one who did not harbor desires for the magic of his siblings. "Stand, child. Kneeling in the grass is no place for you."

Looking to FAEANNE, the God paused thoughtfully. She was such a pretty child...yet smelled of his sister's lands. What a pity. She would be better suited flying high above the Throat, rather than hidden away in all that fog that his sister constantly kept about. "They are indeed." He replied. "As are you, child."

The next to arrive, ATHENA, too was from the Earth's herd. The notion that so many of his followers would flock so immediately here, amused the God. Not that he was not surprised, his brother wasn't exactly the type to instill reverence and passion. He nodded at her compliment, shooting a white-hot gaze towards ARVAKL, as if to suggest that this was a more appropriate thing to say than, you're looking awfully fiery today.

HECTOR'S arrival was indeed a welcomed one. As much as he delighted in captivating the hearts of those who lived in his sister and brother's lands, he expected to see more of his own here. Perhaps he would pay them a little visit afterwards. Make them explain their tardiness. "Thank you Hector." he replied, voice breezy and political.

Another from the Falls. Fascinating. Just what did Earth do there? exactly, that his followers sought the magic of every God but He? He nodded to CICERON, considering him thoughtfully. He was another who would be a welcomed addition to the warrior ranks in his herd. Such a shame that he didn't have wings...

And another. Perhaps he could steal them all away. What did they even do in the Falls anyway? This filly - still young but accompanied by a hellhound, arrived silently next. Again, he appreciated her silence, nodding in silent acknowledgment to AMARA.

AEOLUS hailed from his sister's lands - though was not nearly as striking as his herdmate who had arrived earlier. Still, the youngster spoke politely for one so brand-new to the world. "I am the Lord of light and flames. Creator of all. Of course I am well, child." He rumbled proudly, his dual-horned skull raising.

The arrival of ALDERIC made the God take note of just how many hybrids had gathered here. He recalled days past when the species did not mingle - when racism was more or less just accepted. Interesting how times change. Even more interesting was the egg he carried. Did he know what was inside?

As EREBOS arrived, silently, the God snorted and nodded in response. He was the child of the Reaper, the God was almost sure of it. And so far from his home of ice and snow..

The mare with the appearance of ice made him snort. He was interested by her arrival here - by the magic she sought, but like she, the God remained silent, merely nodding to ELSA.

As SHEBA falls to his feet, the God snickers, peering down from his lofty height. "Careful. He warned in an amused tone. "Wouldn't want to burn yourself." The flames the bled out from his wings rose slightly higher, as if taunting the mare closer.

As REI arrived, the God again smiled - an act seemingly reserved only for his true followers. "Hello, daughter of the Throat. You shall see soon enough why I am here. " Her flattery caused the God to turn to look at OPHELIA, as if saying, see? respect.

His smile broadens are TANDAVI's arrival. Although there is none who could take the place of Onni, she has fit into her role nicely. "Hello Tandavi." He greeted, nodding to her kindly.

A rather oddly coloured stallion arrived next, causing the God's gaze to sway from the members of his herd, to SOMNUS. Nostrils flared, he looked at the stallion for a moment, noting his odd horns and markings. Does my brother know..? He wondered, before snorting and dismissing the idea.

The last to arrive, was CIRRUS. There was enough of both her parents lineage apparent in her features, to make the God sigh. Still, he was pleased to see her. "Where have you been?" He inquired gently.

After these pleasantries had concluded, the God fanned his wings, indicating towards the golden flowers that blossomed brilliantly around him. "You are all aware of the power of the Sun. Were you not, you would not have come here. Even those of you who do not know what it is you seek from me, have still come - because you know it is only I who can grant what your soul yearns for. But my gifts are only for the worthy - the cleverest and best of you. And who that is, remains to be seen...These flowers require nourishment. Water." Pausing, he raised both his wings and head, to gesture at the mirages that glistened and glimmered all around the fields. As the midday sun burned brightly overhead, the amount of these increased. They were everywhere, but like any mirage, were always out of reach. "Bring me water from a mirage in these Fields." He ordered, a cunning smile on his lips.

This is the first round of this challenge. You have 48 hours to respond. Please place a summary of how your character has chosen to fulfill the God's demand at the bottom of your post. You may work in teams, or alone. If your character does not wish to participate, they may continue to speak with the God.

CREDITS

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
    Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
    Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
    Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

Lace

It was very interesting to see just how many people that turned up around the god. Lace hadn't believed himself pulled here personally, yet when he looked between the horses that one by one came walking to join in with the crowd he had to wonder. So many, and from so many different herds and races, outcasts mingling with foals and dignitary and all of them deferring to the Sun God - albeit with various levels of respect and worship. He smiled at Tandavi as she appeared, silent as always, by his side, reaching out a nose to touch her neck affectionately before returning to his musings. Could all of them just happen to be in the vicinity? Or had the deity pulled some invisible string to make them all travel towards this elevated meadow just so they could flock around him, mindless puppets dancing to his flute?

Lace thoroughly disliked the idea, but as he found himself the target of blazing eyes and sharp words he wondered what he was doing there himself. Did he want something from the god? He couldn't think what it might be. His blood was already pulsating and burning from all the magic that crowded in the veins, he neither wanted nor needed any more to weigh him down. Fajira, who had come flying to paint white figures in the air with her slender self, felt no need for anything. She was happy, content as long as she could still feel the link to her earthbound soul-mate against her thoughts, and the things she wanted in life she was perfectly capable of acquiring herself. She admired the dazzling flames of the magnificent stallion from afar, now and then letting off a little puff of fire herself as if to show that she too could set the sky ablaze if she wanted to; but otherwise she just kept to herself, none too concerned about the dealings of horses.

When no others seemed to want to join the crowd and greetings had ended, the deity spoke. Before long Lace found himself standing mostly quite alone in the grass, watching as the others spread out to search for this water that seemed quite impossible to reach. He made no effort to go after it, instead returning his gaze to study the dazzling form of the sun in mortal cloak quite thoughtfully.

If he he had no need (that he knew of) for any of the lords gifts, then... Did the lord of light need something from him? It seemed quite improbable. Why would he, when there were so many other lambs willing to walk to their own slaughter. And yet the thought didn't quite want to let go, so after a measuring look at the Sun God the marked stallion braved the distance to try and talk with the Sun.

"Interesting task, my lord" he said in the same would-be casual tone as before (though made sure to add a title, just in case). "I hope you will forgive my failure to participate.I have no illusions about my 'worthiness'..." The skin on his scarred back twitched slightly, though the half-smile that tugged at a corner of his mouth wasn't as bitter as the words might have suggested. "Even so... I feel compelled to ask, God of Sun and Light, if there is any way I might be of service? I've found myself struggling to find purpose and fulfillment as of late, the struggles of every day life in the herds just can't seem to catch my interest. I have everything I need, my soul-bound is content... Perhaps if I had something worthwhile to do, the beauty of the sun would become clearer to me."

He glanced at the Sun God from the corner of an eye, undoubtedly interested in seeing how he would react. Lace wasn't expecting anything really, but if he was answered... A slight quake of excitement pulsed through him once, wondering what kind of task he could be set to do. Before he got ahead of himself completely however the stallion shrugged slightly, as if wanting to emphasize that this wasn't a request, just a question like any other.
    BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
    ♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
    ♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
    The Store | The Warden

Bellona Posts: 111
    Hidden Account
    Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
    Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
    A queer feeling settles over the beauty like an icy hand against a warm back. Her attentive gaze darts from one approaching figure to another, and her ears snap back and her tail lashes as she becomes overwhelmed by the number of pining equines present here. As much as she yearns to deliver snide comments to all of those who bow to the flaming stallion, the raucous peahen remains silent. Her unmoving tongue seems to have pleased the golden creature, and she does not wish to anger him. He looks as if he can deal quite the blow to any who displease him, and the warrior is unprepared to face off against such a bold individual. Perhaps the Aztec will confront this crackling specimen when her hurts have been seen to. For now the brutal bird will listen to what he has to say.

So he is a creator, a God, if you will. I can't say I've ever revered the likes of him. Her feathers twitch at her discomfort with those present, but they also flicker now in interest. Had her old Gods left her when she abandoned their lands? When her tribe was overtaken by man? If that is so, then will this proud beast before her serve to fill that role? The maiden weighs her options, shifting from one dark foot to the other. Her old Gods were magnificent beings, but they were also cruel. She cannot remember a time when they willingly walked among her tribe, providing tasks for her people to fulfil in return for some reward. This deity does not appear to be malicious, although the task that he sets for his worshippers says otherwise.

Reach a mirage? Is he mad? The vehement Chieftess remains Godless for now, uncertain if she wants to follow a God who takes pleasure in the fulfilment of impossible requests. Her lack of faith may prove to be an obstacle later, but it certainly does not stop her from trying to please the lord now.

Unfolding the brightly colored appendages at her sides, the hybrid spins on her heels and launches herself off the ground. She trusts her wings to catch her as she departs from the Earth, and they prove their loyalty with a flawless performance. The lengthy instruments slice easily through the air, and only the one on the bird's right shows any resistance to movement. The stiff joint does not inhibit her flight, however, and she pursues the nearest mirage with just as much grace as a healthy bird would. Yet also like a healthy bird, she does not reach her destination.

Like an arc of lightning, frustration strikes the dazzling woman with a fantastic show of power. Quivering nares dispel a loud snort at the swiftly moving mirage, and the furious hybrid halts her advances. This will get her nowhere.

Remaining in relatively the same position in the air, she twists her body around to look back at the God. She can still make out his golden figure, although the image that his body projects is not as sharp as it should be. The heat that works so fervently to help her remain aloft is also helping to fuel another trick, and the bird narrows her eyes in suspicion. The Sun God's as well as the dispersing group of equines forms are all affected by this illusion. A spark of inspiration ignites in the hovering peahen's breast as she turns her attention to the mirages that scar the field. There is a hazy stream to the right of the gleaming stag that had been much further from him before. Can she make the water shift by altering her position?

To test her theory, the Aztec dives to the side. The hot air whips her green locks around her face as she does this and, sure enough, it pushes the illusion of the stream closer to the God as well. Disbelief dawns on the warrior just as hope clutches at her heart. Regardless of what her mind is trying to tell her, she sets herself to the task of repositioning the water.

Her thoughts turn bitter just as she moves the image of the stream beneath the shining flowers. I am going to kick myself if this works.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in." Quisque iaculis dapibus fermentum.

{Will desire [Item :: Dragon Bone Armor (Magical) || Skull magically affixed to character's head, can expand to armor at will.]

Summary: Moves away from the flowers so that the images of the rivers are refracted in different areas, aiming to cause a mirage to form away from where she now stands -- away from the golden plants -- and at the flowers' roots. She is using the optical illusion formed by mirages to shift their position by moving herself around the meadow.}
    BellonA
    breathing life into battered bones
    background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
    image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
    Please tag me each post!
    Permission granted for physical harassment!

Faeanne Posts: 61
    Outcast
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
    TierRen
    LOST IN THE WAY YOU MOVE.

I stood there in awe as the number of creatures surrounding the flaming flowers grew larger than I had ever imagined, as I watched the Sun God reject one of the hopefuls by burning their knees with a hot wind I grew uneasy for a moment or two. I didn't want to get burned, I didn't want to get injured to the point that Papa Ruske and Momma Eva would keep me under a tight leash and my adventures of sneaking out of the Edge would be forever ended. My life would be that of a hermits, friends would be a distant dream that couldn't be reached by my slender neck no matter how hard I tried. It was a sad thought, but it seemed that my presence would be permitted in by the God for the day.
    My white pupiled eyes pulled away from the bright burning flowers for a moment to watch the rest of the crowd pull in, one of the faces standing out more than the others. That of the dark colt who had been able to walk on water that day at the beach, I wondered silently if he still remembered me, the girl who could summon flames beneath her infantile wings, a magic so meek and redundant compared to one that could walk on water as he could. What was he doing here? So far away from the icy grasps of his homeland, what did he need from one so powerful as a God if he could already preform quite godly acts?
    It was the breathtakingly deep voice of the flaming stallion that brought my attention back to the finer things in life. Like the fact that I was standing before a god, gawking at the flowers that had sprung up to meet him as he appeared from the heavens. "They are indeed. As are you, child." A wave of heat reached at my cheekbones as the stallion's words settled into my forward pricked harks. He thought I was beautiful? Me? The bastard daughter of Aurelia and a stallion who all I had been told about was "nasty drunk", was beautiful in a god's eyes? Surely he was just being polite, but it seemed that this god was anything but polite as he insulted some and pushed others away without a second glance. It was all quite clear that I was meant to stay for at least a few more moments. "Th-thank you sir!!" I exclaimed as a bright smile spread across my gold dusted features. The stallion's attention was then taken away from me as he carried on to speak to others before addressing the crowd of us.
    "You are all aware of the power of the Sun. Were you not, you would not have come here. Even those of you who do not know what it is you seek from me, have still come - because you know it is only I who can grant what your soul yearns for. But my gifts are only for the worthy - the cleverest and best of you. And who that is, remains to be seen...These flowers require nourishment. Water. Bring me water from a mirage in these Fields." I was stumped as the god told us the quest he wished us to fit fill before he would continue to speak or give us the pleasure of his company. How was I supposed to bring water to these beautiful flowers from something that didn't even exist? As I mulled over the possibilites, the grey and gold stallion spoke up, telling the god that he would not be joining in on our games before continuing on as if he were talking to an old friend and not a god. But it was the brightly colored mare that caught my attention as her bright plumage pulled her away from the ground and in the direction of the image of water.
    Her path didn't last long though, as rather than flying directly towards the non-existent water, the bright bird ended up darting around as if she were trying to maneuver something. Curiousity got the better of my young mind as my gold painted limbs carried me over towards the brightly colored mare a soft smile painted across my features as I looked up at her. For a moment I thought about speaking to the mare, asking her if it were okay that I helped her out in her mission, having a body on the ground would be just as helpful as having one in the air right? But something told me that asking would be a waste of time and it would be better instead to just do. I looked up at her for a second longer before adjusting the angle of my skull so I could see the mirages rather than the underside of the bright bird.
    It seemed they had adjusted their positions since I had moved away from the god, which led me to wonder if they would move every time I moved. Excitement flashed through my veins as I turned back around to face the flowers only to see the mirage of a river full of water being pulled closer to the roots. My limbs sprung into action, my tiny frame being flung to the side as the springs in my joints leapt, moving the river closer to the flowers' roots a happy grin across my features as I noticed that the bright bird had too moved so she remained just over me, had she been attempting to move the mirages to the flowers when I had came over to see if she needed help?

"Speech"
    Tag: @[]
    Words: 942
    OOC: Fae will be looking to get her heart valve defect fixed :3<3

[Follows Belona and attempts to work together with her to move the mirages by repositioning their bodies.]

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

please tag Fae in all posts
    link to thread tracker

Amara Posts: 136
    Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
    i won't be saved

the god of sun merely nods at me with acknowledgement. at least he noticed i was here and did not pass me off. sameira sits and watches him, eyes burning with flames that were hungry for something to consume. her dark body flickered with white hot embers that danced along her body with each movement. the sun god addressed the last to gather and then turns to us all, looking out over us.

he explains what we need to do, what must be done to pass this task. he mentions mirages and i cock my head. a mirage is but a mere illusion though, not something that one can touch or hold, and certainly not something that one can gather and water flowers with. i raise a brow, confusion painted across my features as i look out along the fields as he grins, showing us the mirages that waver in the heat. i look at sameira and she just looks at me, one ear up and the other down.

i turn away and look out at the mirage, and then down at the flowers. it's hot. samiera points out, and i roll my eyes. i got that, but clearly she still had to point it out. standing and staring out along the expanse i swear i hear mama whispering to me, "you're not alone. you must be clever to solve this puzzle. if you cannot carry the mirage to the flowers, then try to manipulate it." the voice in my head tells me, speaks to me and i nod. following mama's instructions i look at sameira who just tilts her head off to the side.

turning back to the mirage i plan it out, listening to what mama has to say. "use what was given to you—" i glance back at sameira, merely watching her sit upon the ground and wrap her tail around her legs, waiting for me to say something. i look at her for a few more moments before finally telling her to do something. "no, no." mama's delicate words chime, warming my body as i close my eyes and open them. i shift my weight and realize the mirages have flickered slightly as a result. perking my ears i begin to back up slowly, cautiously eyeing the golden flowers. sameira follows with her head hung low, questioning what exactly i had planned. i bring my head lower hoping that what i have done brings the mirage to the flowers, and is clever enough for the sun god. eagerly waiting for something, i move my legs and tense my body, hoping that this was clever enough. "good, good." mama's sweet voice coos, praising my work. smiling i await the sun god's response.

[she simply backs away from the plants, trying to place one of the mirages on top of the flowers trying to use the fact that its an optical illusion to her advantage. as she does, seeing as how mirages move when the person viewing them moves. hope this is ok!
    — still trying to get Light x Dark│Can ' possess ' another's mind/body, using them almost like a puppet. However, any damage sustained by the possessed horse will appear as small black scars on her own body that will slowly fade. When talking, she will not sound like the possessed horse, instead she will sound as herself. (Her own body will stand motionless, and her eyes will turn a light silver, making her appear blind.)
    [Restrictions :: Doesn't last long, and the possessed may try to fight back.]]

tags • notes

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
    World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
    Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
    ELSA
    I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

The God seemed attentive today, it was quite calming. He listened to everyone, and stood quiet just as she had stood quiet. A small, comforted smile crossed her face. She waited, thinking why he was so focused on one, as she took his attention readily. Quite odd considering she never thought god would show favor to any mortal.

It was then that his quest was given, a quest of bathing the flowers in a glorious mirage. Elsa tilted her head, obviously this was a battle of wits. Thank goodness someone told her about this.

From the ground, above a patch of flowers grew and umbrella like structure that was chest high. She thinned out the "handle" part, to make it look like a floating magnifying glass lens. If this worked, the air underneath the lens should superheat. This, she deduced should cause a mirage that the flowers under and nearby surrounding the lens should be in a puddle. Quietly, she stood back and looked to the god, trying to gauge his reaction before looking to the others.

Others seemed to be moving their bodies, a lot of effort. Elsa frowned, it could be a potentially good idea, but her eyes would not allow her to keep track of both water and mirage. She stepped away, her area was a large enough area, almost the length of her body, and the top of the lens reaching her chest. She hoped that this contrast of energy would work, she hoped she could bring this mirage to light. She stood back quietly, she was done a lot more quickly than the others, and hoped what she thought was a good plan, would not be crushed by rushed time.

"Talketh."
    [Elsa created a convex lens, hoping to channel the sunlight heat to "super heat" the air below it, causing an inferior mirage. This mirage will give the onlooker the natural phenomena that it looks as if the flowers are in a puddle of water. Basically the lens should work in the same way you fry and ant with a magnifying glass, by channeling sun energy straight into an area/source]
    [Dark x Light? || The ability to summon ice that can cover apart of the body (restriction of this by admins) that causes a "Freezing Burn" which instigates pain.]
    Denial 1
    Denial 2 .

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
    but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
    • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Hector Posts: 262
    Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
    Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
    Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
    No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

100%

Hector couldn’t imagine water being the best nourishment for something so miraculous, so supernatural. He thought also, that the God of the Sun- so capable and so creative himself, would not need to rely on such a generic asset of his Earth brother. Not that he disrespected something so vital to his own mortal existence either; he just imagined that something more unexpected would be needed to nurture these pure-golden creations. As the mass of bodies began to shift around him like the tides of the ocean, the large chestnut remained in place a little longer, thinking about the phenomenon now all around him.

When he’d approached to begin with, the rivers all around had moved away, spilt further from his reach; teasing, taunting, though the sand-lover had long been comfortable in the company of such wicked illusions. He stepped forward, one sound hoof reaching out before the other, and the radiant flowers danced away from him- curious. Thoughtfully, he moved another step, and again His blooms followed suit, and at the same time all other apparitions reallocated. You cannot touch them... Veci revealed, obviously... Hector tossed his great twice-horned skull towards the flickering ghost to his left, annoyed that he would think so little of his ingenuity. Thank you. I wasn’t trying to, he answered silently, scornfully, smiling quickly to appease the tightness of their bond.

He figured that trying simply to combine those mirages already existing would not work. They would need a mirage, a river or pool, to form beneath the shining, golden flowers. He had some experience with heat hazes, mirages and their variations, having lived for a long time in the blistering desert environment. They needed cool air to descend upon the warmth which the God of the Sun was radiating- naturally. Heavenly Fields was the ideal place with a cool mountain atmosphere, no matter how potent the wrath of Tallsun became. He watched curiously the one called Elsa begin to craft an object- a lens, and he realised that their approach, was along the same lines.

Hector spread his wings quickly, reactively, into a thermal column and began a careful, slow ascent as close above the mare’s design as he could manage. The air just near the field’s floor was unstable, warm while He remained, and the stallion’s body rocked through the turbulence until he was high enough to note the change in temperature. From that altitude he began to beat gently his wings to drive down the cooler air upon the lens, with hope that an inferior mirage might settle beneath the thirsty blooms.

Very clever!

We will see...

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
    • Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Athenä Posts: 23
    Hidden Account
    Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 [Bird Song]
    Candy

athenä
    Of Heaven and Earth

Others came, flooding the Heavenly Fields with their aromas, each from someplace different, each of them groveling at the flames hooves hidden beneath the golden flora that sprung from his step. Curious, a shy gaze was given as her violet eyes exchanged a glance to the mighty fire lord. Butterflies in her stomach, as she turned to gaze upon her brother and to the others, excitement alight in her eyes; a God had just looked at her; at her of all creatures! Excited, she remained placed, next to her brother as the sun king began to speak as others moved in, as if by magic called here upon his summoning.

Dual toned lobes cupped and placed upon the lord as his new demands ruffled through the air like thunder, violet pools glittering his flames reflection as the heat from the sky above beat down upon her two-tone coat. He could grant wishes, desires- anything one requested. But they were only for the best, for the worthy. It was then, he spoke of the golden flowers, and they needed water? And as if he had conjured them upon the skies, ripples, reflections and mirages blurred the horizon around them.

Where would they get water from these glittering falsities? A snort huffed from her chest, as she was determined to impress the sun god; head turning away upon being given this task of nourishment. If only someone had water magic, or a way to make it rain from the heavens! Instead however, she turned and gazed upon a mirage of an afternoon shower, greenery of the palm trees glittering against the sun, waving in and out of distortion. She turned and brushed her muzzle against her brother’s appaloosa rump, before heading off to the distant shimmer of a desert oasis; where she hoped it would be real, as she didn’t recall seeing it on her way in.

The closer she got, the faster it faded, and when she turned to gaze upon the crowd behind her, as others too had scattered about, they were distorted, cut from the heat rays dancing over the horizon. Frustrated, and unknowingly, she turned and began to walk back to the sun god, hot flames dancing upon her back, weaving in and out from around her legs. It was harmless, and she couldn’t feel it, but just as quickly as it had come, it had gone away.

Curious, and her mind working against her, sweat beading upon her tiny bodice as she begun to dig, cream flits turning up soil, releasing the moisture below as the soft soils naturally held water. Lips lowered, nostrils flaring in hopes to catch the scent of water. It was faint, and smelled of nothing more than moist soil, digging in a pattern, pressing her weight against the soil, digging again, and pressing down to squeeze what little she could muster. There it was, a few drops- but not enough. And she continued, determined- though her young learning mind was still dwindling upon the desert distortion.

[Summary: Not knowing how mirages work, Athena turns to go into the direction of a desert oasis mirage, soon it vanishes and she returns to the god aflame (for a moment) and begins to dig, churning up soft soil and pressing with her weight in hopes to find a minor water source. ]

"Talking."
    'Thinking.'
    tags // -
    wordcount // -
    ooc // Athenä seeks a Pink Flamingo Companion, perhaps a chat with his majesty?. No previous refusals, this is the first time seeing the Sun God. <3

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    Where have you been?

I don't know why I am constantly surprised by the sheer might of the Gods. As his voice speaks, I feel it strike against the hollow, fractured insides of my soul, as if it pierced straight through the electricity of my eyes, down into the dark depths, filling it with his light and fire. Filling it, and exposing it. Before him, I feel naked, stripped of all my guards, all the bravado I have pulled up since your death. And I probably am an open book to him - the thought makes my limbs quiver, with excitement or nervousness, I care not to find out.

"Lost," I say, quietly but clearly, knowing he would hear me even if the thought never made it to my lips. How else did I explain what happened? Images of you, lifeless, blood pooling around you, that stinking boar's carcass beside you.. And I know he can see it too. Tears reflect behind my eyes, but I swallow them back down as the Lord spreads his wings.

It is then I notice the shimmering, glittering, golden flowers spread out around us. I recognise them from my homeland, mirages. I listen to the Lord's words, bring me water from a mirage in these Fields. I shiver, and watch for a collection of moments as others scramble around me. I chew on the words for these moments, wondering just how exactly I could fulfil the Lord's requirements.

Then it dawns on me.

I can be the mirage.

I feel it start within me, the magic. I hold you in my mind, your memory, your strength, and I use it to coax the magic that seems afraid to be summoned forth before his fiery magnificence. Near me, I feel the humidity rise, I feel a cloud sketch itself across my hide, I feel it gather with raindrops that I encourage to form and fall. I know it is unlikely to want to rain near the Sun Lord, but that matters not - I do not need it to rain on him, nor really on the mirage flowers. Bring me water from a mirage, he had commanded, and so, as it rains around me, I feel it draw itself down my hide as well.

I am the mirage.

The images are but an illusion, the magic that has been with me since my birth drawing an image of rain falling from the sky, even if that rain gathers mostly around the edges of the Fields. I conduct it, asking it to become a downpour, and I smile triumphantly as it obeys. I walk slowly towards the Lord, my crown bowed beneath the level of my withers in deference, my confidence an act I'm sure he sees straight through. I stand before him, and I bow, my wings spread, as if to present myself to him.

And upon my hide, is the water, just another kind of mirage, offered to him.

Cirrus summons up a rainstorm, which creates puddles around the edges of the mirage field. The rain reflects on her hide with her illusion magic, which she then presents to the Sun God.

Magic:
    Light x Water :: Able to imbue water (such as rain, tears, puddles) with healing properties. If drunk, can aid with healing of internal injuries. If applied directly to an open wound, it will accelerate healing. If drunk or applied where there is no injury, it can have a rejuvenation effect.

Battle Restrictions :: Takes a lot of concentration. Can only be used once per battle.
    x - x
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Caneo Posts: 133
    Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3h :: 6 years HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
    Ophiria :: Dragon Snake :: None kae

“It’s afternoon.” The creature speaks dismissively, as if the effort of paying attention to Caneo falls below its dignity. The silver boy takes no offense – he has endured far worse – but his bright eyes shift to watch the others as the fiery man greets them each. For some, warmth resides in the impressive voice. For others – disdain. Caneo wonders how the creature knows them all; his own thoughts move quickly, whirring like wings against the insides of his skull. His eyes again shift to the burning lord, studying the dance of flames. A part of Caneo despairs that he is dreaming – none of this can ever, ever exist.

Or he is dying – feverish – which is much worse.

“Okay,” he mutters in response, tail flicking idly between his narrow legs. He peers with interest at the shimmering air, the distant glitter of far-off water, but he understands the nature of heat tricks and ignores the promising gleam. Perhaps somewhere in the distance, true water does lie under the sun, but he is hardly too thirsty yet, and wariness moves in his brain as he listens, and listens, and the lord continues to speak.

“You are all aware of the power of the sun.” Is Caneo aware? The stringy hairs on the end of his tail flutter again as it twitches. He only came because the others came, because he wondered... and perhaps things do reside within him – wants and desires – but few have ever deigned to help him in the past. He has no reason to believe this being with the mighty aura would ever grant a thing to him.

He listens as the task is announced, and Caneo’s face furrows with confusion. It is a cruel desire; he remains still as eagerly the others begin scattering, leaping to the lord’s bidding. And why? Do they love so blindly, so thoughtlessly, they would trip over themselves struggling against the impossible? To the silver child, who has never understood devotion, their actions reek of childish naivety. He watches them for a moment, laughter bubbling softly in the bottom of his chest. “They’re not real,” he says, disdain alongside the amusement in his voice. Then slowly, shaking his head, he returns his attention to the lord.

Maybe he ought to leave; he feels unwanted here and unnecessary, but his mind is moving on its own and he stares at the flowers, those brilliant, bright, and lovely flowers. Surely they belong to the man with the flames; surely he may do whatever he wishes to them, regardless of any aid from lesser beings. But if he is a creature of flame, of light, of the awful, brilliant dancing in the air....

Caneo waits patiently while a hornless stallion speaks, making no effort at the task but polite conversation instead. The silver boy internalizes this. Polite, he thinks. Have manners. And slowly he blinks at the god, that being quite distant and unknown to him. His cloven hooves move through the grass; his velvet skin shimmers and shines in the oppressive light. “If you want water to come...” Caneo tilts his head. He pauses still many strides from the creature, wariness pulsing with his quickening heart. “Maybe you should leave?” In this he sees the simplest, most obvious solution. His voice is honest, light, confusion rattling in the gentle tones. Caneo suffers no compulsion to pretend at being Tantalus, but he feels a smidge of sorrow when he imagines those lovely flowers wilting.

sxc.hu

[ Summary: He figured the task was impossible and assumed water would be hard to find until the sun god left. So he asked the god to leave.

Wanting to quest for a dragon snake companion. ]

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
    World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
    Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
    Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
    Her name, in his voice, is enough. He speaks more to others, but his smile is broadest for her, and it breaks upon her like a ray of light escaping the clouds on a chill autumn day. Gold-slashed face glows in reply, black eyes growing bright and lips curving into a shy, grateful smile, as a flush rides up her narrow cheeks. She does not look away, nor bow; does not hang her head in deference, for to withdraw her attention would be to disregard, and she wants nothing more but to give respect, reverence, love. Beneath the escaping curls of silver-gold hair, the delicate child of fire and shadow feels a shiver run down her spine, and wonders what it means.

But his attention does not remain on her for long- how could it? She is but one in a sea of stars, a world demanding his light and his vengeance. He drifts to another, then the last, ("Lost," the girl hears another say softly, and turns in surprise, the word resounding deeply in her chest), until finally they have all come, the satellites of the Sun, come to receive his blessing and face his task. The voice of the God sends echoes through her ears, burns her eyes, promises her something marvelous- mixed with the strength of his magic, the blindingly white flavor and feel and glow of it, it is enough to make the girl giddy with happiness and awe. She feels him cast the mirages even as they appear, tastes the strength of his splendor: "Oh," she whispers, glancing from the whispers of water to the flowers at his feet, beautiful and fiery and flawless and real. She thinks of the purple flower which rests behind her ear, and for a moment a fierce desire washes over her, and she wishes, more than anything, for a wreath of the sun's blooms to be woven through her hair.

She does not seek the mirage, for she knows she shall not find it. Her aunt taught her about mirages, the mysteries she was named for- You cannot catch a mirage, the black mare would laugh, Just as you cannot catch me! She would run then, and they would pursue, two dragonets and a filly of fire, chasing a flicker through the misty woods. At last they would capture Mirage, of course, and burst into laughter, and it was on one of these occasions that Tandavi realized she, too, could be a mirage; and she would disappear, laughing, crying that You can't catch me!

She thinks of her family, and her heart shudders with need. She must not cry. They would want her to be strong, she knows. They would want her to be brave. She has been alone for too long. She will not cry.

Instead, she focuses on the Sun God's magic, and blinks.

The mirage is weak, shuddering, but growing strong. Firechild feels the weight of the Sun coursing through her veins, and it is powerful, glorious, but almost too much. Magic a mortal should not have; her brother presses against her, clawing at a golden hock, cautioning her to Be careful, to Keep control. Around her rain begins to fall, but she ignores it; others act, build, speak, but she does not hear them. She pours her heart into the illusion, and slowly a stream begins to weave, making its path in the field of gold, incorporeal, untouchable, mirage.

Blinking, panting, she looks to the Sun. She can feel the magic in her, as well as a new one, water, brought on by the sky-colored mare, intoxicating and invigorating. She feels pride at what she has done, for she has done, she thinks, her best: taken the gifts he gave her, and used them in his name. She wonders if it will be enough.

"Have I done well?"

[ Summary: Tandavi absorbed the Sun God's magic, and used it to make her own mirage of a stream flowing through the field of flowers. She also really wants one >.>]

- bg - table - image -

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
    o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
    o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Aeolus Posts: 100
    Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
    Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    nickel

Many more arrived to see the spectacular pegasus just as he had but all spoke of different things. God? He had heard the word before when the other mare had tried to explain things to a couple of them. If everyone who spoke was correct this was really a god... The amazement of the simple fact only made a surge of excitement run through his veins as the extent settled over him. This was pretty cool! Could he be like him when he grew up? The idea was intriguing to his young mind and from this point forward that would be his goal, to become a god. At least that would be until something else cool happened to cross his path and make him change his mind, but you never knew what could happen.

As the golden stud turned his head to him to acknowledge his presence a bright smile crossed over his young face. He loved it when others actually spoke to him and made him feel welcome unlike the odd one or two he had met that had treated him as if he was not there, they were just mean and rude. As what appeared to be the last of the visitors arrived more words followed from the Lord speaking of what he wished they would do for him. Mirage? The word was foreign to his limited knowledge but it must have to do with the things that appeared around them if he were to guess. Flowers...they grew with water but how could he find water for them up here? Determination set in over the colt as he did not want to disappoint the Lord by not trying to please him.

Standing still for a number of moments he gazed around to what the others were doing to try and come up with ideas. Tilting his head to the side he watched as the image of the water before him twisted as well. These mirages couldn't be real, they were too blurry and there was way too many of them. If they were not real they had to be created by something... light maybe..no the heat.. This was confusing but surely there had to be an answer to the problem. Stepping forward at long last the water seemed to move with him but surely this couldn't be the answer it would be too simple. Gazing up to one of the others he watched as he fly up high above the weird looking thing that seemed to have sprouted from the ground. If he could fly perhaps he could help whatever they were doing but he was grounded. Sighing in exasperation he unfolded his wings from his sides letting them hang towards the ground.

Gritting his teeth the colt tries to put everything together to help him solve this problem. The god said that he was fire and light so that would mean that he controls the sun. When it rains there isn't any sun though? If the heat is making these funny floating islands appear there couldn't be water in them... so where did the water come in? Feeling the heat all around him brought a sheen to his coat at the humid temperatures, water dries up with the sun and light.. Walking back over to the Sun God he looks up at him for a moment before speaking again. " The heat will not let water form here its too hot, it will just disappear like your mirages do if anyone tries to get closer. You cannot get water from something that is not really there. I would bring you water for your flowers from the clouds but I cannot fly yet. I could get water from a creek but this is not what you ask of us. "

Looking up to the clouds overhead he sighed feeling defeated but not wanting to give up yet. The wind got cold before a rain storm, was cooling off the temperature the answer? Surely the water had to come from something other than the mirages he just couldn't see how it was possible. "If we are imagining the mirages, we can also imagine water for your pretty flowers to live."

Aeolus talks
    Levex talks

Aeolus seeks an upgrade to his current magic of:
    [Fire X Shock] Ability to create electrical fire bolts that have capability to burn as well as shock.
    [Restrictions] Can only shoot one at a time with marginal accuracy.

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
    [Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
    Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
    **Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Arvakl Posts: 66
    Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
    Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
    Lauren
    Arvakl
    I watch even more arrive after me - do I even know any of them? No. The answers is no. I roll my eyes. Can they all just shove off already? I am here to absorb the greatness of the God, whatever he will give me. They can go find some other God. (A petulant child I am and no I will never change!) When His gaze wanders over me, I unexpectedly quake - he's not pleased with my sass (wasn't it a compliment?!), and globes of liquid gold fling from his tail. I'm wary that one of those globes might end up hitting me, and I bite my lip. So - I gotta mind my manners?! My nostrils flare in annoyance. Surely a God can take sass from a mere mortal? Easy tiger.. easy.. don't lash out. You want something don't you? I refocus on the others around me, sending death glares their way. Of course, everyone is too focused on Him to notice. What if *I* want to be the center of attention? Bitches, all of them. Stallions and mares and foals - all bitches.

But it isn't long before He is looking at us all again, and speaking. The task he gives. Get water from a mirage? I stand there, trying to keep my jaw from dropping. Are you fucking serious?! I nearly ask as much out loud, but manage at the last second to swallow my words. I snort, aggravated. How the hell do you get water from a mirage? It's a mirage. I'm pissed as I stand there, looking foolish while others start to work on the task. But I'm not an idiot - maybe if I watch others, I can get ideas? One starts digging, clearly confused by the idea of a mirage. Well at least I'm not that dumb. But, it's so silly and pathetic to watch, it's almost endearing. Almost. Another conjures rain from the sky. I glare at her - not all of us can just poof a raincloud up any time we like. Others still - and the most common response I see - seem to be trying to reflect the mirages onto the flowers at His feet. As subtly as possible, I begin to imitate them, moving my own body so that I can make a mirage of the stream appear where those once-innocent golden flowers bloom.

One boy in particular strikes my interest - he flat out tells the Sun God to leave so that we can get water where the flowers are. I briefly stop in my maneuvering, way too amused to focus. I chuckle under my breath, and decide I should find him sometime - I like his gall. Lowering my antlered head toward the ground and eyeing the flowers, I return to work, focusing now only on myself and the movement of the mirage.

Walk. Talk.

Summary: Arvakl imitates Bellona and Faeanne by moving her body to try to get the mirages to line up over the flowers, and thinks that Caneo's response is hilarious.
    I'm so FANCY
    Image Credit
    Thread Tracker
    Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.

Erebos Posts: 474
    Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
    Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather
    EREBOS
    The emboldened gaze of the child poised aloft, gestured into the vivid core of fire and infernos, the deity of untamed tendrils and wildfire monstrosities, felt the power shake, burst inside him as the titan stared right back at him, bestowed a solidified nod – and then nothing else. Perhaps the child was unworthy, maneuvered around with blatant acceptance, but no words, no other exchange pressed and tightened, too many souls gathered and he was not wise enough, not daunting enough, not dominating enough, to direct a holy being’s attention (because he was a babe, wrapped in naught but promise, prowess, or because the God could see beyond the stars and the burning, and Erebos would amount to so very little?). His fixation, however, this bountiful child, was utterly transfixed and entranced, spellbound by the movements, the direction, the coursing contortions of fire and ardor, the intensity blinding his motivations and keening his ignited heart with every kindled affirmation, burning from the inside out, encased in harmonious fervency. And as the divinity spoke of flowers, of mirages, of blossoms needing sustenance, water…his impish delight glanced towards all of the flickering hallucinations, apparitions, phantasmagorias, and fantasies – but how did one pluck something real from an intangible form, without corporeal regard, without a regal touch? He could chase them, but they would only spiral away, and he’d never be able to cease his crusade, forever intertwining with the sun, sky, and chimeras. He furrowed his brow, utterly confused and daunted by the task, pondering if this was a way to sever the strong from the weak, and which section he would adhere to (he didn’t yearn for frailty, incapacity), regarding the rest of the throng in all of their exploits. Some crafted, wielding mighty powers of creation, forming lens to shove the slants of light into their hands, and some only shifted, while he stood alone and still, waiting for an epiphany to strike him down.

Then, a mare produced her own rain cloud.

For a few moments, he was mesmerized again, fascinated by the curl of her wings and the change in her hue, presenting herself to the God (as a sacrifice, as a gift?), full of rain and water and – puddles. Where she coasted and ghosted, she left tremendously large pools, like spilled splashes of radiant showers, and it would be a shame to leave them to waste in the burning course of the sun and his mighty prowess. For a slender moment, he had a grand plan, and his head swiveled towards Adelric and his glowing sphere, sure not to leave his friend out of the scheme, strategy, and proposal. A feverish whisper, concocted on perhaps one of the more inaudible tones the boy utilized, was flung directly into the other colt’s ear. “Let’s use her puddles!” He swung his sword in the air, felt the wind twist and distort around the lithe, little blade, and vowed to use it as a digging device. “We can make it a little stream to the flower!” Then, hoping to show the spotted babe, he swerved towards one of the closest plashes, lowering his cranium and allowing his horn to skim over the ground, turning over and plowing through the earth, to and fro, back and forth, while the trickle of water followed the new road and pathway, eager to reach its destined roots and bud.

[Erebos, noticing Cirrus’s rain cloud/downpour leaves puddles on the ground, decides to bring Adelric into his plan, enlisting his help, and starts digging a pathway for the water to get to the flower.

Seeking:
    Requesting upgrade for Magic: DarkxFire | Ability to cause combustion upon touch.
    [Current Restrictions | Can only choose one area in which to burn at one time, causes intense damage in a dinner plate sized area

Basically looking to expand the amount of damage caused. :DDD

No prior refusals/denials]
    Image Credit
    Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
    Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
    Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
    INNOCENCE
    You will never be mine

As she turned, she expected to feel the blistering head of flames on her back, transporting her far away, no longer in his sight. Instead, two words like thunder, broken with a pause, reached her ears, and she furrowed her brows over her pale face, turning her head cautiously to meet his angry gaze. The expression in his golden eyes was hard to bear - how long had it been since she had been allowed to be this close? To breathe his air? To trace the contoured lines of his jaw that she could remember flawlessly?

Her breath caught in her chest. "Do not go." He said "Do not go". Ophelia stared at him in disbelief, trying to remember to inhale and exhale in a normal rhythm. The God of the Sun was not kicking her out. He seemed to soften when speaking to her, but she could barely think that true. How long had he exiled her from his presence? Would he really go back on his promise now? The words he had spoken to her so long ago had cut her deeply. He had never wanted to see her again, and yet, here he was, telling her not to go.

Ophelia watched him carefully as he spoke to the others, his words disappearing in a cloud of humming that formed no coherent thoughts. When he finally gave his task, Ophelia mulled it over for a few minutes. Mirages were just illusions caused by light magic, but physical water was a power of the Earth God, not the Sun God. Therefore, she made the logical assumption that he did not want physical water, but illusory water. The pale princess made her first assumption in this puzzle, but she thought that it at least had more evidence to back it up. What would mirage flowers desire with real water, anyway? The red roses that trailed in her dreams bloomed with her thoughts alone.

A few of the responses of those around her made her snort in amusement. Why did they believe at all their arguments to the riddle would make them rise above the parameters? Ophelia sighed. This was a test of creative thinking, not who could argue most effectively. Tinek, not pleased with the God of the Sun, cast him a sour expression before running after Ophelia, watching the mayhem that ensued. A rain shower caught her by surprise, and she looked up, barely seeing the edges of a blended Pegasus. She shook dry and moved to her own little section of flowers near the God's backside (handsome backside), the mirage waving just behind.

Ophelia was not one to work with others unless addressed, at which point, she would not mind helping, but until then, she would try, succeed or fail on her own. Only in this way would she know if she was truly worthy.

Carefully, she plucked the sun amulet from around her neck and placed it at an angle. Then, she pulled the silver plates from her made that held it in neat braids and placed them at other angles. Stepping back to observe her little mirror maze, she nodded and then slowly began to tilt her amulet, hair loose and long around her face, until the mirage began to mirror under the flowers.

A mirage was very much real and not a product of imagination, as one little boy seemed to not understand. The wavy lines were the Sun God's light, bouncing and drifting in the heat. She had lived in the Dragon's Throat for long enough to become comfortable with the heat waves. Tinek, understanding what she was doing now through shared thoughts, walked carefully to where the flowers were near his back hooves, and he exhaled a breath of frost, trying to control the sparks that cackled from between his teeth.

The change in pressure and air density seemed to make the illusion dance just under the flowers, and Ophelia stood proudly by her mirror maze, letting herself become entranced by the beautiful waves of water. Light could play beautiful tricks sometimes, and she glanced up at the back of the god's head.

Makes a mirror maze to reflect the light waves under the flowers, using Tinek as a method of controlling the waves with pressure and temperature. Fizziks yo. The mirrors are her sun amulet and the silver, metal plates in her hair from her holiday costume (all in her records).

Credits: The-Ripple-Effects @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
    Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ciceron Posts: 315
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
    Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

After all the pleasantries and greetings had been exchanged between those who came to witness this encounter the lord of the sun began to explain the purpose of his visit. Listening thoughtfully throughout the explanation of the task at hand he watched as many scrambled off trying to make their ideas happen. Fixing his silver gaze on one of the mirages that had appeared he watched it shimmer upon the surface of the sky staying just beyond reach. Kiara was gazing around as well completely lost on what to suggest that might help her bonded to achieve success. Taking a step forward she would watch the portrayed image seem to come near but then as another advanced move took place it would move only farther from her. While her feline senses were sharp and precise this was something that had her baffled.

Instead of moving when the others chose to the dappled warrior stood pondering the complexities of what the lord was asking. There was no way to physically get water from an illusion so the answer clearly lay in the mechanism of which it was created. Watching the young fae wander off and start digging amused him slightly. Her created solution would not accomplish such a task as the water would not be coming from the mirage as requested. Mother earth would supply any water that she might find, but a couple of the others seemed to be onto something. Taking a step to his left he watched the illusion also move so that it was within his direct line of sight once more. Perhaps this idea could work...

The vast illusions created were not being visually observed as anyone imagined but rather created by varying degrees of temperature and light rays. The earth drew in the power of the sun, absorbing its light and beauty but also its heat while the air circulating above remained cooler casting the reflected rays into this spectacular mirage. Hmmm... if the mirage was created by bent light, he would have to manually bend the reflection to suit the gods request. Walking in a wide circle around the Sun God he watched the mirage shift to suit his angle. Nodding his head as the idea formed he continued his circular path until he was standing about ten meters from where the golden pegasus was. Gazing up briefly to check the location of the sun he turned his body so that it mimicked the approximate angle of where the sun god would see a mirage form. If he was requesting to bring the water to his flowers that would mean bringing the water to him.

Shifting sideways as step or two he moved his head to the side to let the suns rays contact his exposed side. Squinting as the glare of light caught his metallic markings he tried to shift his weight appropriately to reflect the light upon the flowers. In theory when the God looked to his mirage it would not be where it once was but rather upon the flowers before him, or at least that is what he hoped would happen.

Summary:
    Ciceron is using his knowledge of how the illusion is created to try and manipulate how the Sun God would see the mirage from his perspective. By making use of his metallic markings he is trying to reflect the image of water upon the flowers so that the god may see the final result instead of how he would see it. Positioning himself at an angle to the suns rays he is trying to control the angle of reflection.

Ciceron is seeking: Active Magic
    [Water x Fire] Create and Manipulate fire that will not burn as fire but as ice, would be capable of freezing the target or inflicting them with ice burns that are more severe than those cause by fire. Flames are not affected by water.

Previous Magic Denials:
    Denials:
    One
    Two
    Three
    Four

Ciceron talks
    Ciceron thinks
    Kiara speaks

•••• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
    [Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
    Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
    **Please Tag Me In All Posts**
    Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.