the Rift

At least I'll have the stars

Serene Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Serene
"If I've destroyed everyone else, then at least I have the stars"

Serene had walked for miles, her throat was dry and only a few words had croaked out of her throat. Her small arabian head shot up as the scenery changed and she was in a thick wood, the trees loomed over her small frame. Her ears perked forward, a renewed interest sparked inside of her, she picked up a slow trot, cautiously preceding through the foreign place.

After a few minutes of exploration, the black mare found herself lost and confused. She could use her brain to figure out way about, but she was tired and didn't know the first thing about the area, or the predators that could lurk in the tree's shadows. Serene snorted, displeased with the carelessness that led her to this, it seemed like the only way she could find water and shelter was to make herself known. A sharp whinny escaped the mare's mouth, she had tried every other idea and hated to resort to this one. She didn't like depending on others for help, especially in a place where she didn't know every corner and secret.

Serene sighed, her red forelock elegantly draping over her face parting where her horn jutted out of her head. Her red eyes scanned the surroundings, her ears were trained forward listening closely for the sound of twigs snapping or leaves rustling unnaturally. Serene pawed the ground impatiently, lifting her small muzzle to the air, the warm summer night wafted slowly into her nostrils. This was a waiting game, the only game she hated to play.

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Rostislav
Still in the forest, still looking for new recruits. Damaris has rejoined me, carrying a rabbit in her mouth. The thing looks pathetic - dark brown and dripping blood from its once-soft fur. Damaris's fangs are deep in it, and I can see where its body is disintegrating slowly from touching her acid. I smile and send her thoughts of congratulations. Though she is becoming very adept at hunting, I still feel that it is important to keep encouraging her and nurturing her confidence. She doesn't seem to need it, but it makes me feel better to do so anyway.

She barks around the rabbit, trying to get my attention. She sees what is ahead of us, and I'm late to the game. Nothing too fearful, but an equine all alone. Only after I take notice do I hear her shrill whinny. I wince, feeling the subtle signs of a hangover start to appear. I don't get hangovers too often, but I've been drinking an awful lot lately, and every know and then they spring up. Ugh. Why the yelling! A unicorn.. black with.. red points. Strange, but I approach anyway.

"Lady comrade! Can I help you today?"

I come closer and stop not far away, Damaris standing at my side. She drops the rabbit and presents as lopsided grin to the newcomer. Never mind the bloody tongue and fangs...

Walk. Talk.

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Unregistered

Serene

Lady comrade, can I help you? The words echoed in her head, as she quickly snapped around, her eyes lying on a stallion. He was blanketed with a mix of colors, like an art pallet with browns and darker hues. 2 spiraled like horns protruded from his head, much like her own but thicker. Her eyes instantly jumped to the animal that was near the brute, the animal glowed green in places, but she grinned at her instead of ripping her to pieces like the animal portrayed. Serene took a hesitant step backwards, swallowing before she spoke "Actually yes, first off I need to find water and then I need to know where the hell I am." She said evenly, the words came out croaky and screechy, her tongue feeling like sandpaper. This place was turning her into cautious mare, and she didn't want that, so she straightened her form and stood more proudly then before.

It hadn't really occurred to her before, but why would this vast land never be heard of or spoken of amongst the horses? Not that she really had a social group, but certainly she should know somewhat of this places existence. Serene re-focused and examined the stallion in front of her some more, a container was dangling from his neck. "What's in there?" She asked, curiosity flourished inside of her, it was almost nice going to a place she didn't know because then she could fill herself up with knowledge, but still she hated it. There where so many things she wanted to know about, so many things where foreign to her, but in the end knowing where she was the most important thing.

Rostislav
She's an interesting mare, as I stand there and watch her. She seems unsure of me at first, and especially unsure of Damaris. I can't blame her - Damaris will grow to be a very fierce hellhound, and she's starting to show those fearsome qualities. Damaris lowers her head to the dead creature and starts eating it again, realizing that we are conversing now, and there's not much more for her to contribute to. The mare before me speaks, and the very first thing she asks for, I cannot help her with. Unless we find some sort of remote pond in the Threshold, there are no large bodies of water here. Perhaps, though, we could find something. Where she is, well that's very easy. I'm sure there is a pond around here somewhere. I grunt, trying to put on a roguish smile, but it turns into a grimace instead. You are in the threshold of Helovia. If you're looking for a home, I know the exact place. I smile better this time.

When she glances at the pouch around my neck, I feel myself getting defensive. No, it's my vodka. Invitation only. (I remember Voodoo as being the only one I've ever shared it with.) That being said, it doesn't mean I can't answer her question. My voice returns to grunting as I reply, Vodka. Plain and simple truth. She's a pretty desert flower, though unlike any type of flower I've ever seen before. If I weren't trying to recruit her and take her home, maybe I'd be trying to get into her pants. The way she straightened up though and bolstered herself... I'm not sure she'd be interested, and the question is.. would she be worth the increased effort? Nah... I'm not feeling it today. Let's just get some water and go home. But I guess there's some part of this conversation that's missing. I'm Rostislav, this is Damaris. And yourself?

Walk. Talk.

@[Serene]
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia</style>

I wont sooth your pain...

I wont ease your strain...

I seek you out, flay you alive.

One more word and you wont survive.

I have grown sour. Well, wasn't I already sour anyways? No. I wasn't sour by nature. I was wicked, sure. But after my last experience with the threshold I had certainly been much more reluctant to come and recruit.

I still had no training in being a soldier, yet I was ranked as one. I yearned to fight, instead taking it out on the small creatures in the forests. I indeed had blood on me, I reeked of it. The tip of my maw once white now was a reddish pink. At this point I did not care.

Of course it would be my luck to run upon two equine creatures. Horns erupted from both of them. One was a mare, her glossy black coat and her red mane in stark contrast. The stallion was brown, hi mane coming in silver tresses around his stocky frame. I was taller than them both, and though I wasn't tall by any measure I felt like a giantess in this meeting.

The mare's croaky voice echoes in the clearing. "Actually yes, first off I need to find water and then I need to know where the hell I am."
"You are in Helovia. The land of the blessed you could call it... Or cursed? Who knows. You could find out." My silken chords interrupt. I smell, but I don't care. This creaking mare seemed like she could fit in with the darkness. With the basin. With the bringers of purity. As they put it. I shift, my large body relaxing. I suppose I will be here for some time. A smile tips of the corners of my bloody mouth. I was creepy as hell, and I don't care anymore. Because I was just like those in my herd land, So, why hide it? Why lie? If we drew in creatures from places on a fake masqurae, when they arrived they would find the truth out and leave. We would lose more than we brought.

I walk "I talk" "I think"

Doug1021 @ flickr
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Unregistered

Serene

Serene's ears twitched back at the sound of another horse's step. She looked over at the black unicorn mare, calculating her appearance. She listened as both of them told her about the place she was in, Helovia, Serene was currently inside of some threshold, but it seemed as if they had come from somewhere else. Suddenly her ache for water was no longer existent. The stallion, Rostislav seemed nice enough, but the mare was smarter then that she needed to know what his appearance here was for. And why he cared to approach her in the first place, sure it could be genuinely but Serene felt this place held something more, a sort of power that she had never witnessed before.

a curse or a blessing Serene's red eyes drifted over to the black mare again, she stomped annoyingly what was she here for? Another thing to add to her list of things to question and think about. She heard the Rostislav tell her the contents of the container Vodka She would sure enjoy some at that right about now. Before anyone else talked, Serene wanted to be first, her red eyes narrowed "I am Serene, but that is not what currently matters. What matters is why you are here and what you want with me. Don't you lie to me either." She hissed, her words starting to come out more and more normally, the screechiness fading. Even if they tired, Serene should be able to find out because of her personal experience.

@[Rostislav] @[Sialia]

Rostislav
Another approaches, and I turn to look at her with disinterest. Get out of here. I think to myself, wishing she would leave. Don't you poach my recruits, damnit! I've never seen her before, wherever she comes from, but I feel my skin crawl. I wonder if she's from the Basin. Though I've never been there, I've certainly heard stories. She doesn't seem to care that I already answered the posed question, and gives her own answer as well. That's retarded, why would you repeat the same thing twice. Waste of air and waste of time. I turn my attention back to the black mare, and see that she is looking quickly between me and the other mare behind me. When she realizes what is inside my pouch, I see her eyes show some sort of recognition, and my curiosity is piqued. Most Helovians have no idea what Vodka is, having not come from a land with humans. I only know because I grew up in Mother Russia. But before any more can come of this new knowledge she quickly speaks up, introducing herself and demanding we be up front about our presence, all in one breath.

My first response is to chuckle, and so I do. Were we being deceitful? I look back at the other Helovian present, cocking my head with amusement. Returning to this Serene, I part my lips to oblige her with a response. I've already introduced myself, so at least that's taken care of. This is where newcomers enter Helovia, our the land you are now in. I am here looking for recruits to bring back to my home, the Hidden Falls. Honest and innocent as a baby. Love me?

Walk. Talk.

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Nessie

Sialia</style>

"I am Serene, but that is not what currently matters. What matters is why you are here and what you want with me. Don't you lie to me either." Lie? Oh honey, I'm not lying, I wouldn't think of it. The odd smirk still lingers on my face, and I watch the stallion, who gives me an odd look. Disinterest I believe. It is one I know well. After my response, he turns his attention way from me, and back to her question.

This is where newcomers enter Helovia, our the land you are now in. I am here looking for recruits to bring back to my home, the Hidden Falls. I look at him, for a moment. The Hidden Falls... Weren't the Aurora Basin Allied with them? Or was that the Worlds Edge? I wasn't sure.

My attention changes to the small mare. Stompy little thing. "I also, come recruiting, though from a different land. I come from the Aurora Basin. It is just a little further away than the Hidden Falls." There, I didn't lie. I was truthful, and sincere with my words, but why would I lie in the first place?

Doug1021 @ flickr

Unregistered

Serene

Serene listened to their responses, she really had no preference with who she went with. The Hidden Falls or the Aurora Basin, was there a protocol for 2 people looking at a single recruiter? She didn't know really but also she didn't care much. "Well I have no care where I end up, but you see me as a single unicorn is in search for a lover, now tell me where can my desire best be filled?" She asked nearly laughing out loud, it was true indeed she wanted a mate, but honestly who the hell cares? Certainly not this mare.

"I'd also like to know more about these places you speak of, And what role I could fill there" Serene didn't really know if in the end the choice would be up to her, but she minus well be in control while she still can. She knew if she could be the person who chose in the end, that she would want to be in the place that her name could best be known, or where she could become powerful. That was something Serene loathed, power, always wanting to sink her greedy hands into anything that meant her name would hold fear and submission. She smirked slightly, the thought of her rising up in ranks so appealing to her evil self.

Serene was becoming impatient, she hated games of waiting, when time needed to go slow it went quick, when she wanted it to go quick it goes slow. What a slut time is, it screws everyone. She wished she already knew everything about Helovia, and its inhabitants, not knowing a single thing makes her insane. In time she told herself, her hunger for knowledge would be satisfied.

@[Rostislav] @[Sialia]

Rostislav
The mare, the other recruiter, speaks up, explaining where she is from. Aha, so she IS from the Aurora Basin. She fails to give a name, but who needs names. I blink a few times at her again, deciding that I'm undecided on whether I like her or not. She'll just have to go into the "maybes" category. I turn my attention back to this.. Serene. Her impatience is clear, though perhaps she is trying to hide it. She demands that we come up with positions for her in these herds. I stare, my jaw becoming slack. Seriously? Does it look like I run the world? I mean, thanks for the compliment, but that isn't my problem. My job is to get you and take you back home. End of story. Damaris senses my irritation and looks up at me, then at Serene, raising her hackles threateningly.

I am no diplomat. Look. Hidden Falls. It's a valley down from some cliffs and it's very lovely. I'm not a one stop dating service. Are you coming with me or not? I end with a snarl. Does it look like I have a bunch of male companions in tow? For fuck's sake lady, what do you want. First some water, now a man. Stop wasting everyone's time. If not, fine. Follow this lady and stop wasting my fucking time. I've got better things to do than play games. I pin my ears. This is surely not how you win over the newbies and get the ladies into your bed. But I don't want this one in my bed. At this rate, I'm not even sure I want her in my home.

My recruitment rate is pretty low. Right now I don't fucking care.

Walk. Talk.

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Nessie

Sialia</style>

The mares impatience is clear, and it kind of irritates me. What? We have been answering her questions, we where being polite, and granted, I was kind of a creeper at this very moment in time. Not to mention I had been very truthful. Her next words just piss me off. "Well I have no care where I end up, but you see me as a single unicorn is in search for a lover, now tell me where can my desire best be filled?"

My look goes blank, and I stare at her like she is stupid or something. "I'd also like to know more about these places you speak of, And what role I could fill there" It also seems like she has pissed off this stallion as well, and I couldn't blame him. Look. Hidden Falls. It's a valley down from some cliffs and it's very lovely. I'm not a one stop dating service. Are you coming with me or not? The end is a snarl, and my lips twitch upward in amusement. If not, fine. Follow this lady and stop wasting my fucking time. I've got better things to do than play games.

I look at this mare, and now its my turn to give my opinions. "The Aurora Basin is a valley, far north of here. There is snow, ice, but the lake that is in the center never freezes. There is plenty of cover and caves for all, and beautiful lights to gaze upon at night... There are many jobs to do, Soldiers, Healers, Story tellers, and Thiefs... I'm sure there would be a place for you." I glance at the other stallion before continuing on.

"As for a lover, I am not sure. Though there is plenty of very attractive men to look at. You could try your best, I suppose." There, I am done. Some part of me hopes she goes with the stallion, but I also hope she comes with me so I can actually bring something home.. Even if its a silly mare.

Doug1021 @ flickr

Unregistered

Serene

Serene picked up on their impatience and annoyance. she decided that her little act was no longer worth it, she listened to their responses both of them obviously questions whether they wanted Serene, so it didn't really matter to them if she had gone with the other horse. "Look I will drop my act, I wouldn't go to a place simply because I want a lover, that's pathetic" she said trying to clear the grounds. She thought about what her future would look like with both of the horses, even though she didn't know much about them. She knew her time was up, it was time to decide. She cleared her throat "I have decided that I want to go with Rostisalv, he approached me first and I believe that it is only fair" she said, not looking at the mare, Sialia.

Serene waited for his response, and moved closer to his side the hell hound Damaris, looking slightly intimidating. She wondered what he was thinking, and if he would tell her more about the place she now was going too, if he didn't she would have to question him, but she didn't really care to know about much right now anyways. Her thoughts drifted off to the Hidden Falls, the name seemed so secret and neat. She liked it, who would inhabit that area? And what would they think of Serene? Stop she told herself, this was ridiculous, Serene was actual long worrying. She pushed aside her thoughts and snapped back to reality waiting for Him to tell her what to do next.

Rostislav
The tension mounting, I'm not sure I can stand the growing agitation. Combined with Damaris's emotions, we might be about to bubble over the top. I notice Sialia getting agitated as well. So, I'm not being totally unreasonable, right? Who knows. But our words seem to tap a light switch in Serene's mind, and her entire aura changes. Instead of whatever game she seems to have been playing, she seems much more serious now. Or.. I guess somewhat more serious. She admits that going to a herd just to look for a lover is rather pathetic. Duh. Well that's good, we're getting somewhere. But where do you want to go?

'I'll go with Rostislav.' Wait, what? Okay, she chooses just because I got here first, but a win is a win! My mood brightens considerably, and my ears perk forward. Damaris stops baring her teeth and lets her ears up too, looking at me with curiosity, wondering what caused my abrupt change in mood. Of course, there is no way for us to speak and understand each other - only moods and urges. So for now, she'll just have to wonder. Then you should follow me. I will lead us to the Falls, it isn't far from here. I give a polite nod to Sialia, feeling no ill will toward the mare, despite her home herd's poor reputation within the Falls. Perhaps we will meet again in the future, perhaps not. I start walking north toward my home and motion for Serene to follow me. I will tell her what I know about the landscape, and the two leaders, Midas and Seele, on our way. Damaris waits behind me, wanting to fall in line behind Serene, and make sure that no funny business is going on. Oh my little pup.... <3

Walk. Talk.
OOC: oooo foreshadowing!
@[Serene] You or I can make a thread in the Hidden Falls, with a title that will include [welcoming]. You and I will post first, and then one of the herd leaders (Midas or Seele) will likely post. Since Rosti is a ranking member, he has the authority to accept you. One of the herd leaders coming will be more customary than necessary, in our case. If you would like to make a thread and tag me, you can. Otherwise I will make one as soon as I can.

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread