the Rift

[OPEN] School Bells [Basin Foals]

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

....Did that hurt you...?

Really, though, it was worth it to leave all of this former passions of natural philosophy in the backburner, just so the dappled stallion could stand there and gaze upon the tiny splendors that were the Basin children. He had been so removed, so isolated from the rest of his clan, enthralled as he was in his researches; it was only now that he had witnessed the full extent of the fruits of his fellows-- and my, what a wonderful yield of new blood it was! Sin could discern most of their lineages just by sight, by observing the stamp of genetics left by their forbearers; others were a little more complex for him to figure out just by sight, though he worried not, convinced he would learn their parentages in due time.

Sin was very impressed indeed with the etiquette of some of the older, more radiant fillies who approached; he bowed his head as he would any lady, returning their warm greetings with some of his own. “Good morning to you as well, my dear,” he simpered, eyes traveling from filly to filly as they approached, “It certainly is a pleasure.” He chuckled somewhat at the rather mature behavior of a pale-coated child, the ghost of the image of a certain Arah he had come to know from past herd meetings. “Yes indeed the Lord of Time has treated me well—as he has treated us all. May he maintain his good temper, hmm?” His attention was then drawn to the young prince Erebos, and he gave him an eerie wink to accompany his smirk. "All in due time, my prince. I'll explain shortly."

He took in a deep breath of the crisp morning air, exhaling it passed teeth bared wide in an excited, energized grin, addressing the group as a whole “Good, morning, my little ones!” he trilled, seeming to bounce on his hooftips as he surveyed the children before him—noticing, as he did, that some had chosen to keep away from the main body. “Don’t be shy, now,” he called out to the outliers, beckoning them closer, “we’re all kinfolk, yes? Brothers and sisters of the Basin Herdlands—it’s a bond we must nurture if we’re going to keep our inner strength.” He paused for a moment, giving them time to adjust as necessary. Then he continued in the same voice of earnest cheer, “Now then, you may know me from around the herd or from word of your parents—though allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Zikar-Sin.” His eyes seemed to alight in the morning twilight, almost glowing in their manic, poorly-suppressed merriment, “I’d like to know your names as well, if we’ve never spoken before.”

He paused once more, unblinking in his merry gaze, his attention drawn to every little face who dared to speak up; then, something warm and tingly rising upwards into his bosom, Sin began, finally, the formal education of these young souls…starting with a question. “Tell me, young ones—what does this--“ he indicated the bouquet of northern flowers, “—and this--“ he indicated the skull, “—have in common?”

...Forgive Me...

Messages In This Thread
School Bells [Basin Foals] - by Zikar-Sin - 07-08-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: School Bells [Basin Foals] - by Rikyn - 07-08-2014, 11:57 AM
RE: School Bells [Basin Foals] - by Erebos - 07-09-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: School Bells [Basin Foals] - by Asch - 07-09-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: School Bells [Basin Foals] - by Mirabella - 07-11-2014, 07:12 AM
RE: School Bells [Basin Foals] - by Ráeru - 07-11-2014, 07:32 AM
RE: School Bells [Basin Foals] - by Arwen - 07-11-2014, 08:57 AM
RE: School Bells [Basin Foals] - by Zikar-Sin - 07-16-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: School Bells [Basin Foals] - by Rikyn - 07-18-2014, 10:34 AM
RE: School Bells [Basin Foals] - by Aithniel - 07-18-2014, 05:21 PM