the Rift

[OPEN] We All Fall Up

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
No sooner do you catch up to the mare than the island is rushing up beneath your hooves. Surprisingly, you manage to stick the landing—all of your practice is beginning to pay off! And it’s fortunate, because here comes someone else to greet you. Before you have a chance to get a good look at the stranger, the spotted mare is turning to you. She is winded, but not breathing too hard to speak. Her words flow out at a million miles a minute as she exclaims brightly, “ You…are fast. I got a head start and you still. I’m Rei, and to repair my damaged pride I may have to challenge you once more one day! So we may have no choice but to strike up a friendship.” At first, all you can do is grin breathlessly at her. Her friendliness delights you, and you wish that you could reciprocate the gesture, but you still need a moment to catch your breath. It’s lucky for you that she’s talkative, or you would have been left awkwardly staring at her as your sides heave up and down. As it is, by the time she is finished, your breathing has slowed, and you raise your head. “I’m Nasreen,” you reply eagerly. “And I’d love to be friends,” you continue, a bit more shyly, “especially if that means racing. I haven’t had that much fun since Ishtar would—that’s my sister—since she and I would challenge each other.” Your grey eyes sadden a little at the thought of your lost home, but just as your ears are starting to droop, the stranger on the horizon is suddenly just a few yards away. “Africa!” Rei calls, and you turn to nod a polite ‘hello’ as she greets her friend. When you see her, however, your eyes widen—she’s on fire! A tiny gasp escapes your throat, but strangely enough, she doesn’t seem to be alarmed. Rei doesn’t appear concerned either, so for the moment, you don’t say anything. As you wait to introduce yourself, you belatedly notice that Africa only has one wing. Your heart goes out to her; for you, the thought of losing your ability to fly is as unimaginable as losing the ability to breathe. Briefly, you wonder how she got all the way up here, but you’re too polite to ask. Your Th’orquian upbringing did teach you manners, so your eyes don’t linger on her scarred and wingless side for more than a moment. Instead, you raise them to meet her own, finding an exceptionally gentle, golden gaze. Catching your eye, she smiles and introduces herself. “Nasreen,” you return, offering her a smile of your own. “It’s lovely to meet you.”

A light breeze toys with your hair, and you relax, happy to be in the company of new friends. You could stand here and chat with these two till the sun goes down, but it seems that Rei has other plans. She wanders after a flurry of cherry blossoms, and you trot after her. Past a small hill, you can see now that a crowd has gathered, and as Rei comments that this is history in the making, you feel the anticipation rising in your chest. The happy chatter reminds you of a Th’orquian town on market day, and already you are beginning to feel more at home than you have in ages. “We just have to explore,” the spotted pegasus is saying, and you voice your agreement enthusiastically, adding, “I’d love to have a look around! I’ve never seen anything like this place. What do you think, Africa?”

@[Africa]
(would you like to be tagged?)
horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
We All Fall Up - by Rei - 07-13-2014, 08:28 PM
RE: We All Fall Up - by Nasreen - 07-15-2014, 03:48 AM
RE: We All Fall Up - by Nasreen - 07-22-2014, 10:58 PM
RE: We All Fall Up - by Nasreen - 07-30-2014, 02:38 AM
RE: We All Fall Up - by Nasreen - 08-04-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: We All Fall Up - by Africa - 07-16-2014, 08:22 PM
RE: We All Fall Up - by Africa - 07-23-2014, 06:16 PM
RE: We All Fall Up - by Rei - 07-27-2014, 06:46 PM
RE: We All Fall Up - by NPC - 07-27-2014, 07:29 PM
RE: We All Fall Up - by Africa - 07-31-2014, 12:44 PM
RE: We All Fall Up - by Rei - 08-01-2014, 11:04 PM