the Rift

Can't You Feel I'm Broken?

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada
The world all around the battered mare was warm and inviting; the sun peeked out from the branches high above to dance in streams of yellow onto the grassy earth. Behind closed eyes the young female day dreams: vivid paintings of her beautifully-feathered sister and her cruel antics, of the world around her and what she may too encounter before they may find each other again. And though she is settled and nearly calmed, an aggressive voice startles her again all at once - "What the hell?"

'Maybe they won't see me.' the sleepy doll prays, her sides beginning to heave a little more quickly than they had before as her heart begins to drum. The soft hoosh of air below a wing and the crinkle of foliage beneath feet causes her shocking blue eyes to peel open at once. Darkly accented ears tip forward and the fae lifts her antlered head off of the ground swiftly, meeting the matching eyes of the white bird.

"Are you alright, dear?" the once aggressive voice asks from behind, and the bird jumps from the ground before Adelis can let out a soft whine of fear. His long white wings fold with such ease, bringing him back to the withers of a blue-hued mare with white blotches diluting the color. Adelis' eyes search the mare frantically, words unable to form in her tight throat in fear of bursting into tears; this is when another body begins to come into view.

Another Paint, this one laid with massive wings, was moving toward the pair slowly, a thick collar wrapping around elegant shoulders. He stopped a comfortable distance away, watching with eyes that the doll couldn't find in the dark shrouds of the overlying trees. A warmth radiated off of the stallion as he spoke in a tongue that the fae is so unfamiliar with: "Long days and pleasant nights to ye."

Silence still gripped the scared mare's hoarse throat, her body still rolled up on the ground with her dished face craned over her side to watch the two strangers. Cyan eyes blinked quickly, dark nostrils fluttering as softly as a butterfly's wings with each quiet breath. 'Is it my turn to speak?' her conscience finally whispered, a small amount of saliva sliding down her throat as if encouraging her that her voice wouldn't break and it was now her turn.

"Hi." She whispered, finally able to let the word out without trembling or breaking into tears once more. The silence that had lingered between the three lasted for nearly an entire ten seconds, but to the weathered mare, it had seemed to last an eternity. The thought of jumping up to long, gangly legs passed through her mind with a quick denial, as she could feel them shaking under her body already.

Tags: @[Tangere] and @[Midas]
Ooc: Sorry for the late response! :( Let me know if you don't like tags.
"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥ 

Messages In This Thread
Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Adelis - 07-08-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Tangere - 07-08-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Midas - 07-08-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Adelis - 07-21-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Midas - 07-25-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Tangere - 07-26-2014, 06:34 PM
RE: Can't You Feel I'm Broken? - by Adelis - 07-29-2014, 04:19 PM