the Rift

Lay your weary head to rest

Harley Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Harley's eyelids were fluttering closed, when suddenly a soft voice snapped him out of his doze. He looked up and found himself staring at a... pink and purple badger thing. He blinked slowly, the shape resolving itself into a curious unicorn. He barely registered what she was saying, goggling at her unusual markings and the wide branching antlers. He knew unicorns came in many hues, but because he had been in such a small herd on the cold grey moors, they weren't exactly diverse. For a worrying moment, he panicked she wasn't real. He was sure he'd been seeing things and hearing voices earlier, could his imagination have conjured up a unicorn too?
"Well, f- I mean... I'm fine... uh... Thank you," Harley stammered to the apparition. Please be real. He failed to suppress a flinch as another female cut in. He had gone days and days without seeing another living creature, and suddenly there were two mares towering over him.

Harley looked over the second mare, a handsome skewbald with strange markings.
"Alija and Cheveyo..." The male repeated softly. He probably sounded incredibly slow right now, but when was the last time he'd even seen another horse? They seemed friendly enough, although he had no idea why they were so interested.
"Helovia? Is that where I am?" Harley glanced around at the forest. Dozens of questions bubbled to the fore of his mind, but he never got a chance to voice them. A jewel coloured mare appeared and quite bluntly addressed the unicorn, Alija.

Uncomfortable at the sudden onslought of females, the stallion rolled and pulled himself stiffly back onto his feet. He sputtered helplessly as she assaulted him with questions. He'd never seen a pegasus before, only hearing the stories, barely believing in them. Harley was something of a sceptic when it came to such fanciful stories, it had to be said. Flying horses, seeing was believing. He backed off nervously, more than a little overwhelmed. It was unlikely they meant any harm, but Harley wasn't exactly at ease with mares at the best of times, and suddenly it was three against one and he was getting lost in a myriad of names and questions.

"Excuse me," he interrupted, raising his voice, "Hidden Falls? World's Edge? What on earth are you talking about, what lies beyond this forest?" He was so confused, he didn't know what these mares wanted or which way to turn, but it was rapidly becoming clear they weren't from the same herd. Terrifying as it was, it was promising. Horses could live here comfortably, and apparently it was safe enough for mares to travel alone. Maybe once they'd stopped talking amongst themselves, they could point the stallion in the right direction.

OOC: Wheedled one of my friends into making a table for me, it will show its face around here one day so apologies for my current nekkid posts. Jebus, three mares at once, poor Harley!

Messages In This Thread
Lay your weary head to rest - by Harley - 07-10-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Alija - 07-10-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Cheveyo - 07-10-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Bellona - 07-11-2014, 03:05 AM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Harley - 07-15-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Alija - 07-17-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Cheveyo - 07-17-2014, 09:34 AM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Bellona - 07-18-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Harley - 07-20-2014, 07:15 PM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Alija - 07-23-2014, 07:10 PM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Cheveyo - 07-30-2014, 09:20 PM