the Rift

Lay your weary head to rest

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
A sneer imprints itself on blue lips at the horned girl's words. Oh, it might hurt a little. How idiotic. Does this healer not realize that the bold woman has endured far greater pain? Amusement stretches over her striped hide, and she chuckles as the herbs unleash their might. Pathetic. In comparison to the poison that seeps from her infected wound, this is nothing.

Her harsh smile does not fade even as she accepts the pulp from Alija's delicate mouth. Sapphire ears remain attentive to the words that fall from the arrogant paint's maw, and colorful locks of hair stir when a crown climbs skyward. Although the peahen finds the bossy doe amusing, she cannot say the same for the rest of her company. Her eyes narrow at the Indian. If the bitter taste of the herbs had not bothered the warrior at first, they certainly do now.

Broad wings lash against her vibrant hide as the bird reacts to the insolent fae with outrage. As much as she yearns to direct her anger towards the paint, her words (which barely suppress her indignation) are directed to the roan.

"I understand that you are confused, but now you're just..." The vixen trails off here, barely able to prevent herself from saying 'useless' before shaking her head. She glares at the struggling boy as her tone shifts from forced civility to unyielding fury.

"I can already see that the cīhuatlahtoāni has hooked her claws in you. But if you ever change your mind, the Falls is to the North of this forest." It appears that the blue male is not the only one who has been baited today, for the volatile beast removes herself from the paint's presence without a single word. She will not give the arrogant fae any further satisfaction.

The seething warrior swings her head around to face the pink. Already anxious to leave, the beautiful instruments at her sides fan out and stir the air. "Thank you for the service, lady." Her words are curt, but the peahen is genuinely grateful for her aid. "I have heard of your lands only once. If your God is a forgiving one, I would like to see them."

Hope flashes briefly in her orange eyes, but the maiden turns before anyone can see it. The muscles lying beneath her hide prepare for take off, and she propels her body forwards even as her gash screams in protest. It takes only a few strides before the bird is able to catch the air with her wings, and she departs from the Earth just as she had joined it: in a bitter mood, and with a hole in her side.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in." Quisque iaculis dapibus fermentum.

I'm sorry it's so late and so crappy D: Getting back into writing after a vacation is hard! Bellona is out.

cīhuatlahtoāni -- "princess".
@[Harley]

BellonA
breathing life into battered bones
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Messages In This Thread
Lay your weary head to rest - by Harley - 07-10-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Alija - 07-10-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Cheveyo - 07-10-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Bellona - 07-11-2014, 03:05 AM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Harley - 07-15-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Alija - 07-17-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Cheveyo - 07-17-2014, 09:34 AM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Bellona - 07-18-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Harley - 07-20-2014, 07:15 PM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Alija - 07-23-2014, 07:10 PM
RE: Lay your weary head to rest - by Cheveyo - 07-30-2014, 09:20 PM