the Rift

[OPEN] Stray dogs

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Pressing against Lace, in some ways, felt like coming home. He had been one of the first to greet her in the herd and every memory of her herd, as a whole, had Lace as a part of them. Even in the times when he had left them, wandered away, questioned whether he belonged in the Edge or elsewhere, Kahlua had understood. She so often felt like a caged bird, trapped, and she too needed freedom. She had never blamed the handsome grullo for his disappearances. Yes, the Edge was characterized as much by Lace as it had been by Mirage.

The exuberant cry from Lace's familiar white companion drew the queen from her thoughts. For a moment, in her surprise, Kahlua winced away from the dragon's approach, memories of her murder of Aurelia's snake still too fresh in her mind to be entirely comfortable. But the withdrawal was quick and brief, and she welcomed the dragon's presence on her back in the end. Still, her look was sad as she turned to watch the joyous creature jump from her back to Brisa's. But she shook the thought away, trying again to remember what Eva and the Moon Goddess had told her. It was just hard sometimes.

But the conversation picked up again, and Kahlua giving a knowing frown to her friend as he retold his story. So he had turned too. “You were stronger than I was, to be able to leave. I attacked poor Luken, and many others... Lena from the Basin saved me. Thank the gods for her song.” And she stopped speaking for a moment to hum the melody that Lena had sang for her, a song that she remembered so well, that had saved her from the pure evil that had invaded her body. She had been nothing more than a beast in those hours and days, a wretched creature not deserving of life. She was as lucky as Lace that their herd was forgiving. Kahlua had endangered them all.

But then it was Lace's turn to remember something he did not want to, a plaque that blackened his heart. Kahlua was sorry to have brought it up at all, since it caused him to inch away, but she had to know. It sickened the queen that she was almost happy to know he knew nothing of Mirage, but she was a jealous creature and she had worked so hard... Still, as much as the Moon Goddess had offered her favor at the Veins, Kahlua was certain that the violet deity loved Mirage more. As for the twins... she felt no ill will towards them. A smile brightened her face again.

“Amaris just returned as well!” She did not know Tandavi, so she could not comment on the child. “Oh Lace... everything has been different, but it seems like things are finally returning to normal. It will be so much better now that you're back. You are staying with us, right?” And though she phrased it as a question, the queen felt that she knew the answer. After all, where else would he go? He belonged here... at least, that is what her heart told her. She turned kindly to Brisa, adding on, “You'll have to meet Brisa's twins with me, I'm afraid I've yet to greet them properly.” She wasn't much for children, but a friend was a friend and she did feel terrible that she hadn't yet made it to see them. Hopefully Brisa would understand.
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Stray dogs - by Lace - 07-11-2014, 10:49 AM
RE: Stray dogs - by Brisa - 07-13-2014, 11:42 PM
RE: Stray dogs - by Kahlua - 07-15-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: Stray dogs - by Lace - 07-16-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: Stray dogs - by Brisa - 07-16-2014, 09:25 PM
RE: Stray dogs - by Kahlua - 07-18-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: Stray dogs - by Lace - 07-21-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Stray dogs - by Brisa - 07-27-2014, 01:04 AM
RE: Stray dogs - by Kahlua - 07-28-2014, 02:55 PM
RE: Stray dogs - by Lace - 07-28-2014, 04:18 PM