Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

At the sudden call the silvery grullo stopped quite abruptly and raised the head up high, neck turning around and the rest of the body following automatically as he moved to look back at the stranger. The tone of his voice had sounded alarmingly urgent and Lace found himself torn between surprise and curiosity and an inexplicable feeling of guilt whose source he couldn't identify. The golden eyes were alert as they gazed silently at the paint, ears quivering slightly in attentive unease... was something wrong? Had he done something to upset this amiable looking fellow in his greeting and parting?

Luckily that didn't seem to be the case, and the stallion felt some of the tension drain away as the Edger continued on, words tumbling from his lips like apples from a tree in Orangemoon. "No worries" he murmured when apologized to, tilting the head ever so slightly to the side. His curiosity grew as the other kept speaking, laying forth a proposition for... well, a spar really. Lace couldn't help but raising a brow, rather surprised. They had promoted someone so fresh to Helovia into a position with that amount of responsibility? He had to wonder what the current WingLeaders were thinking, if they were unapproachable enough for a complete stranger to be preferable to bequeath with such a request.

"Name's Lace, and Fajira..." he replied with a nod towards the dragon, who upon hearing the suggestion had begun to zoom through the air in excitement, her resounding shrieks both loud and annoying; "You'll scare him off if you continue like that" the grullo thought amusedly at her, though might as well have spoken to the wind for all that she listened.

"Uhm, Fiore, was it? I don't suppose I mind, and my friend here is apparently raring to have a go," he grimaced as the little white gave off a particularly shrill cry and folded his ears flat against the poll to try and block the sound out, "but I'm not part of the Edge, nor have I fought for rather a long time. Are you still fine with that?"

Fajira snorted derisively through the bond at that, her thoughts growing wilder, fiercer as excitement mingled with ferocious bloodlust. "Gone soft on me, Silverthorn?" she piqued, swooping back over to him and began to fly back and forth over his neck, talons grasping and tugging tauntingly at his own mane. "You never forget how to fight, never forget the thrill. Don't kid yourself, come on!" Lace didn't answer, just shook the head and ducked away as she came down to have another go at him; but the slow grin that had begun to spread across the cob-webbed face seemed to be answer enough.

Ever so casually the older stallion turned around to face the youngster fully, a new gleam entering the golden eyes as they reassessed him. And as he began to move towards the side, stepping into a wide circle with brisk, efficient steps he felt himself falling back into a routine that was so well practiced, so familiar and nostalgic that it had become second nature. Beneath the scarred gray skin muscles tensed and relaxed, limbs stretched and joints popped; easing himself into a trot, then further into a steady canter Lace warmed himself up, making sure that if this overgrown colt decided to have a go, he would be ready for him.

---
@[Fiore] ooc: please begin whenever you're ready :D
[0/3]

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
I Am a Loaded Gun - by Fiore - 07-11-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: I Am a Loaded Gun - by Lace - 07-12-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: I Am a Loaded Gun - by Fiore - 07-16-2014, 04:55 PM