the Rift

Humble desires [any god]

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

The Sun's power had begun to wane. The relentless, oppressing heat of Tallsun gradually evidenced signs of declination, paving the way for the cool, chilly climate of Orangemoon and the reign of the Goddess of the Moon. Cassiopeia was ever thankful for the ancient cycle and the balance it endowed upon the world. Along with the transfer of divine power, the roan dame had conceived her second child. It swelled with life inside her, modestly inflating her once slender, refined flanks with a new-found robustness. The signs of gestation were very distinct upon her physique. Hormones had gifted her coat with a sleek, healthy sheen, her scent diffused with a hoard of potent, maternal fragrances.

That was the reason for her trek to the heavenly peak - to upgrade her magic to help better protect her ever-growing family. Downy plumes carried her with ease across the soft pallet of the sky, the cool breath of the wind hieing gently past her. The foal's heart trilled along with her own, a soft, humble thump, but present, none the less. Her child would grow strong and magnificent, this she was certain. Cirrus was already rather independent, with a vivid personality all her own and a strength unique to few individuals her age.

Finally, she alighted upon the volcano's rocky ledge, finding a trio of statuesque shrines devoted to the deities of this magical land. She neared them humbly, stooping down in the stature of a bow, one knee placed upon the hard terrain below, the other unfurled outward and her slender head tucked between. "Mighty Gods," She peered up at the shrines, adjusting her posture with a hoist of her head, otherwise remaining mostly motionless. "I seek your council with a humble request. Please, hear me out." And with that, she waited, cyan gaze anchored upon the materialistic representations of their majesty.

[ ooc ; Cass has come to quest for an upgrade to her magic. She wishes for her constellations to have healing properties, as well. ]
prints-of-stock – rachellafranchisstock – foxstock – dippypip – tigg-stock – solarka-stock

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The Gods are busy with other matters today, please return again later.

Your return date is 10/25/12.

Hidden Account
Phantom
[ ooc ; Can I use my Dragon's Throat extra pass? ]

Helovian Ancient
Despite your best efforts the Gods are not answering today.

Return Date: 10/25

Hidden Account
Phantom
[ ooc ; Veins of the Gods pass? xD ]

Helovian Ancient
[ooc: All healthy/magical/twin and hybrid foals have to be quested for on an individual one time basis. Out of fairness, one character cannot always have magical foals. Do you still want to use your pass?]

Hidden Account
Phantom
[ ooc ; I would still like to use the pass, but I'm changing the quest to a magic upgrade. ]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

With a great yawn, the Goddess of the moon shifted into visibility, her figure taking shape out of silvery, mysterious mist. She looked down upon the mare with her silver, pupilless eyes and hummed thoughtfully, ruffling her perfectly straight and preened feathers. After tossed her lavender head and inhaling the smell of the seasons' change, she paid more attention to the new arrival, her silver hooves resting on the hard ground.

She had made this journey while very round and pregnant, and the Goddess' expression softened considerably. Just a few weeks ago, she had been just as round and bright as this roan before her, but she had given her child over to the Edge and his father. Her lips remained sealed on this matter.

"What is it that you seek, child?" she asked, her voice soft as she approached the mare. The goddess smiled and closed her eyes, touching the tip of her nose to the roans'. "Your child will be born with health and magic..." she whispered, her eyes sparkling with delight.

Hidden Account
Phantom

The goddess's divine, violet emblazoned form seemed to flicker into existence before her, manifesting from an atmospheric void. In a film of wispy illumination she appeared before the roan dame of stars and envisions. She had somehow anticipated the God of light and fire to appear before her, since she was his Oracle, her fore-seeing magic stemming from his heavenly powers. Regardless, she offered the lunar deity an expression indicative of respect and content. As she had raised her head when her figure fluttered into existence, she stooped down into the posture of a bow once again. "Goddess," She regarded her amiably, preparing to provide an explanation to her inquiry.

She watched as she outstretched her muzzle and bumped it kindly against her own, words whispering softly from her maw - she mentioned her child, the fetus that swelled with life within her flanks. Magic, she whispered. Health. That the Goddess declared such a thing caused the downy plumes of the roan's wings to ruffle with happiness. She sighed with content. "As of now, my creations are designed to destroy. They burn whatever they touch, and it requires a great deal of energy to avoid that - so much that I am left feeling drained afterwards." They did not burn her, of course.

The very fibers of their sustenance had little affect on her own body. The magic that wrought their origins lingered through her nerves, fortified like some natural immunity. "I wish for them to heal as well, when it is needed." And with that, she waited.
prints-of-stock – rachellafranchisstock – foxstock – dippypip – tigg-stock – solarka-stock

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

Though this star gazer had aligned her constellation with the Sun, the Moon Goddess still held power of the night. She would cast a blue pall across the horizon and fill it with beauty for the little mare to use her magic with. Since her brother had failed to cast Helovia in a permanent winter, the Goddess was taking over the questions from those she desired, and she desired this roan. Besides, it was not this feathered femme's fault that her land, the Edge, was so filled with unnecessary hatred.

Her expression softened as the roan told her the problems of her magic, and she furrowed her brows thoughtfully. "Well," she murmured gently. "We cannot have that." Then, with a ruffle of her lavender feathers, she gazed up at the night sky. "In order to grant your request, I will need water from the pool in the Deep Forest. Finding some way to carry it may prove difficult. Then, I will need a dash of dust from a moonstone, a rock which is only found deep in the marshes. Return these items to me, and I will grant what you seek."

Hidden Account
Phantom

The astral mistress heeded the Goddess's voice intently, each instruction stored away and ingrained into the recesses of her mind. She had ventured into the mysterious, shadowy realm of the Deep Forest once before. That mystical, though equally eerie place was not quite foreign territory. She had encountered the obscure, though kind mare Osanna beneath the ancient bows of the mighty pine that twisted from the soil beside the pool she had mentioned and she would have little trouble finding it once again.

The Spectral Marsh, however, was a vaguely different story. Azzuen had gone there once before and described the area to her as a dismal place, the murky waters littered with a multitude of the abandoned, moldering vessels of the dead. Her facade evidence none of the unpleasant thoughts and visions that lingered through her mind, though perhaps the divine mistress before her had detected a bit of her reluctance. It didn't matter. Cassiopeia daren't bother the lunar Goddess with her mindless, impromptu judgement by requesting something different. Sometimes it proved beneficial to wander from your comfort zone, making the rewards reaped all the more profitable.

Eventually her words quiesced, giving way to a brief void of speech as Cassiopeia nodded in acknowledgement. "Thank you, Lady Luna. I will return soon with the things you ask." She smiled, her radiant eyes watching her respectfully, waiting for her empurpled figure to dissipate from existence to relocate somewhere within vast, celestial reaches of the heavens. She then pivoted and leaped into the dark sky, rich, leaching moonlight settling softly upon the sleek contours of her svelte anatomy.