the Rift

[PRIVATE] If it's scary, close your eyes

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Hope, concern and optimism glowed behind her eyes, as the belle gently tried to tug the stallion from his dark reverie. It was a few moments of silent wonder, wonder whether he was ever going to come back to her, wonder at what she was going to do if he didn't, wonder at what exactly had caused him to halt their game. The girl waited, patiently, not knowing how long was appropriate for her to linger, to watch him decide - she recognised the expression one wore when they were absorbed by inner turmoil, and she glanced to Fajira, pleading with the dragon to help her get through to the metallic steed.

He seemed to breathe again, to move, to be reborn into this world, blinking at the brightness of it, and slowly but surely, accepting it once more. His charred lips curve again, and relief permeates across the belle's features, her frame relaxing from its tense posture - one she did not realise she was holding. The girl had seen similar things happen before - she reflected upon her mother, her uncles, her aunt - even, on occasion, herself. She knew the pull of one's own thoughts, the desire to become so introverted that you can no longer see what is going on around you any more, you cannot process the outside world, because it was the outside world that drove you inwards in the first place -Amaris, a voice echoed through her mind, as the girl snapped from her own thoughts and returned to the present day and time, blinking as the tugging of her spirit dragon friend pulled her from her reverie. It was so easy to step away from the reality of the world, and while she had not gone as deep as Lace just had, the girl was well aware that everything started with that first step..

A limb comes flying at her then, falling short of her flesh, and though she was startled to begin, a smile is swift to reappear upon her lips as she recognised the gesture. The hours trickled by as the Sun crawled across the sky, and friends danced and gallivanted across the Grove, sometimes splashing in the pond, other times dodging and weaving in between trees. Dragonsong abounded, laughter and sheer, simple contentment blossomed between the two. When Lace finally ceased in his chasings, and laid to rest amongst the soft grassy strands of the loam, the dragon-girl followed, bowing her frame nearby, so that they would be able to converse easily, should he want it - the girl was not opposed to simply sit in silence and watch the stars bloom across their midnight garden bed.

Alas, silence was not to be.

The question he posed was one she had asked herself ever since thoughts could form within her crown. So often her thoughts would be answered by one or more of the many glowing souls who accompany her on her wanderings; even now, they chatted at the back of her mind, mostly inconsequential ramblings, sometimes trying to offer their advice and guidance to her - but what exactly did Amaris want?

"I'll follow Tandavi, and join the Throat, if they'll have me." Her words were spoken quietly, seriously, the deep consideration she had given them evident in the tone. A sigh passed through her lips. "I want.." She began, but the girl was not used to defining things for herself - she wanted so much for all those around her, she had forgotten to think about what was best for herself. "I need to find myself. I want to mean something, I want to have a purpose." Cat-slitted orbs of aureate refocussed upon the stallion's own gaze. "Hopefully the Throat will be able offer some guidance." She quietly finished, chewing over her words, wondering at just what her future did hold now that she had resolved to join a new herd, to start a new life. She couldn't help but wonder at her old life - what would her sister think? Her father?

Her mother?

"What about you, Lace?" Suddenly aware of how much she had spoken of herself, the girl flushed and hoped to swiftly turn the attention away from her troubled, unknown future. "Will you come down to the Throat?" A silent plea filled her gaze, earnestness colouring her expression. Please, I don't think I can do this on my own, I might just need your shoulder to cry on when I discover that I am not as strong as those around me.

@[Lace]
bg - table
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
If it's scary, close your eyes - by Lace - 07-11-2014, 07:50 PM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Amaris - 07-12-2014, 06:07 AM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Lace - 07-12-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Amaris - 07-13-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Lace - 07-14-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Amaris - 07-17-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Lace - 07-21-2014, 11:44 AM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Amaris - 07-26-2014, 02:40 AM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Lace - 07-26-2014, 08:34 AM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Amaris - 07-26-2014, 09:35 PM
RE: If it's scary, close your eyes - by Lace - 07-26-2014, 10:55 PM