Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
The only thing to fear,
is fear itself,
unless of course he knows,
then fear him above all else.

Light laughter murmured in the dusk, as he has humored her, and pleased her with wit. It pleased him as well. The gold knew though, that surely among such sunning and dark creatures he was not the only one with a smooth tongue, but there was a spark, a pleasure in getting the reaction he desired. It was, perhaps, the basis of all his twisting and lies. To get what he wanted.

Weariness comes with evening. Harks watch her closely, but he too, is careful as he spins his riddles, to not hold too much edge to them. In truth, he favored her reaction. Let he fabulous tales be soothing to your ears. Let them captivate that moment at night when words become real, and stories become dreams. Or nightmares. Oh but his lady has a wicked grin. He’s suited her well with his tales. He notes when it grows or the spark in her eyes is revealed slightly. The lady wastes no time in picking the story she wants for the night. Golden son grins at her choice.

Mind tingles with satisfaction. In truth he did enjoy a clever phrase or two. He expects her to not fully understand them all but is surprised how many she deciphers. Still, as she speaks he finds her answers to it wrong. The gold lady may find the grin from simple pleasure in their conversation but inside he stores another line for her downfall. That lady thought herself all-knowing and so clever. She jumped to a conclusion before questioning who it might be. Instead of ‘who do you speak of’ its ‘how can he be?’ A snicker lies hidden well in his chest. Her assumptions one day, may lead her to a slippery road.

Oh but she’s still his lady now, so he must find her and place her back upon the throne. Then again, the golden wasn’t that nice. Perhaps he’d just give her a hand rail to help her out. Besides he needed information from her too. Midas and Seele were new names to grace his harks. Midas being a king, and Seele his Czarina. But of what land, not the Edge, that was the damsel’s claim. And what mention of her hatters? Having an innocent damsel rule might be understandable, but handing a crown to a mad woman was incredibly questionable. Still, the mad ones were always the most dangerous. For them to rule a land was, well, curious. Still, Midas being separate from them, could it be the land was only half mad? Time for answers. Smirk and brow raise. “I know not where Midas and Seele rule.” But he needed her to tell him more. “What of this madness?” Then he laughed gently to himself, remembering the tale of Alice…the foal who travelled to wonderland. Most of all he loved the part….”I love a good tea party.” Though, even he admitted, he would not be there to drink, just play with the crazies.

Still, with information request there was also a need to correct her. In this he would take great, yet secret, pleasure. “M’lady, a forgetful lost king.” That sweet tone reminded her. “Tell me…” he smiled deviously, letting the shadows mostly mask it. “…have you ever heard of Gaucho? A dun fire bird of Dragon Throat?” She surely had. The brute was not a forgetful face, nor if he had been leader of Dragon Throat and Illynx around as long as he thought she had, would she deny it. Still he waited. He wanted to hear what she volunteered if anything. How she reacted to the name. Earth eyes, under the calm gaze of dusk, were watching well.

This wasn’t the best bit of news though. She speaks of their history. Keeping to his philosophies from his conversation with the damsel he lets one hark slip back. Realizing it might be taken as apprehension instead of the sigh of dealing with those who didn’t understand that is was leading towards. Honestly, did she expect him to be surprised that it all was true? The gold even bet it was worse than what the damsel let on, and that his lady herself was darker and more wicked than she let the world see. He had seen her reaction to Crash Course. So for a moment, he had indeed thought she might change. But she was much to like him. His lady held the skills and Politian like abilities to change. Especially when the damsel told him of her past and current philosophies and efforts, the knew something was up. Racists don’t usually change after loosing a battle. Yes, the two golds were much too alike for her to get away with that one.

So as she sighed in deep regret his brow raises. The only reason his lady would be said the past went as it was that her first efforts had failed. The gold stifled a grin. His lady was playing her part so beautifully. A regretful sinner. Much, in fact too much, like he himself had at the Rotunda. When she speaks he can not help it. A short laugh falls out. ”Ha!” It was a mistake, but the golden was enjoying this too much. Besides, he subconsciously did not like her feeling she could fool him with the same guise he himself pulled regularly. “You’ll have to work a lot harder than that to hide whatever you’re planning and prove you’ve changed.” There was of course the chance she was planning nothing, and she was honest in her words. What fun would there be in that though? The gold was always jumping to conclusions anyway. “The other lands still speak of you in fear, and have turned down your alliances. Some still sneak around bringing down their bloody justice under the Basin's name. It'll take a lot more than some make-up and perfume to dress your costume up.” Who knew information from herd meetings could come in handy and come back to bite her. “You only seek to remedy the mistakes so as not to repeat them when you try again.” He’s said too much. The fire in the gold had risen, but he wasn’t ready to toss the boat too much yet. “Oh, but that’s all our secret isn’t it.” The gold threw her a small re-reined in grin. Tone grew hushed. “Fear not m’lady…” for now, “for I, and my skills are yours to wield. I am a hound at your heels, secrets passed shall now be sealed.” He dips his head to her, as he had not before. “The only inquiry I have, is how may I help…more than ever, at your service, m’lady.” ” Sure she might maim him for figuring it out, but it would all the more show, he hoped, exactly what power she wielded. Correction. What she thought she wielded.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Illynx]
OOC;; HEY let me know if you are NOT cool with him figuring it out. He thinks she's just like him so he worked through with it, but I can see how some might see it as having OCC help, let me know if you're not ok with it and I'll change it.
Notes;;

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
what suspicion couldn't deter; - by Illynx - 07-12-2014, 01:17 PM
RE: what suspicion couldn't deter; - by Thranduil - 07-13-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: what suspicion couldn't deter; - by Illynx - 07-21-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: what suspicion couldn't deter; - by Thranduil - 07-22-2014, 10:09 AM
RE: what suspicion couldn't deter; - by Illynx - 07-22-2014, 01:58 PM
RE: what suspicion couldn't deter; - by Thranduil - 07-25-2014, 09:05 PM
RE: what suspicion couldn't deter; - by Illynx - 07-26-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: what suspicion couldn't deter; - by Thranduil - 07-26-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: what suspicion couldn't deter; - by Illynx - 07-28-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: what suspicion couldn't deter; - by Thranduil - 08-04-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: what suspicion couldn't deter; - by Illynx - 08-07-2014, 11:40 AM