the Rift

Zombies

Vrazda Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Large black hooves struck the ground in an even rhythm, bits of the earth flew up behind the creature's large frame. His ears were against his large skull, his forelock was blown up over them. Behind him a long tangle of black locks danced in the breeze and his mane whipped like a flag in the wind as he raced across the open ground. It was hot, his body was coated in a sheen of sweat coming from the skin under his fur. He wasn't sure where he was going, but then again he never really did. Ahead of him he could make out a forest, he wasn't bothered by forests, he'd grown up in one his whole life. He momentarily thought back to the herd he'd left behind almost a year ago. He briefly wondered what had become of them, and for a moment wondered if that stallion had actually been his father. He quickly shoved the thoughts aside, he wasn't in the mood to brood today. He kept his focus on the forest ahead of him.

He knew some equines worried about what they might charge into running headfirst into the brush, but he wasn't afraid when he was younger. He had no reason to be afraid now. He whinnied into the wind and pressed onwards, only slowing his pace when he entered the tree line.

He came to a clumsy stop once in the trees, shaking his mane back into place as he panted to catch his breath. It was nothing like the forest he'd grown up in. That one had been barren and dead, but this one was full of life, and growth. He tilted his head curiously as he wandered further, curious as to what this place was. How long had he been running? Must have been longer than he meant to as winded as he was. He flicked his ears about, keeping them on a swivel for any other signs of life. He hadn't seen any other horses for a while now, that probably wasn't a good sign. He inhaled, sniffing the air, he couldn't smell anything immediately alarming so he slowly trudged onwards. He took care to guide his large frame around trees and through the brush as he moved deeper into the forest. It was a nice break from the heated glow that existed out from under the canopy. His tail whipped at his hips as he kept a lazy pace while exploring the woods around him, he wasn't sure how to get out of the mess of trees and growth around him.

He stopped and lifted his head too look around him, glancing back the way he'd just come from, it looked unfamiliar to him. He gave a frustrated sigh and looked ahead once more and nickered. He could either keep going and hope to find something to lead him out, or he could go back and hope to find the path he'd taken in. He never was one for backtracking much, so he continued forwards. He held his head high as he wandered into the woods, his dark fur making him blend with the shadows as he passed through them. He felt his stomach growl and made a frustrated noise and stopped in a sunny little patch to sniff at the ground. He hoped to find something edible under the growth.

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Rostislav
After the success with Serene, I can't help but want to congratulate myself with a nice drunken sleep next to the pool of water in the center of our homeland. But at the same time, some horrible, intrinsic motivation was telling me to get my lazy ass up and go back to the threshold and look for more lonely, homeless souls to take back with me. That, my friends, is why I am here, albeit bleary-eyed and a little tipsy. Damaris has come with me, more than a little annoyed that we are back in the threshold. That being said, I can tell that she enjoys my company and supports my efforts, so whatever reluctance she has she manages to stifle for my sake. If she lets me feel her reluctance, we both know that I would never get my ass off the ground.

To my great relief, it doesn't take long before I find that lonely, homeless soul. His dark head toward the ground, searching for sustenance beneath the top layer of forest floor. The great ebony stallion is all alone, and I know the time is ripe for me to make my appearance. But I'm in no hurry, so I amble my way toward him, calling out as I do so. Afternoon, Comrade! Once I'm several yards away, I stop, wanting to give the stranger some personal space. Damaris stops next to me and sits next to my front hooves, watching the Friesian with passing interest. He's a handsome fellow, and I think that the Hidden Falls could use someone sturdy like him. How can we help you today? "We". I'm not sure if bringing Damaris's presence to attention first thing is the wisest choice, but it is certainly the most accurate. She is part of me - we are bonded souls after all - and it would be unnatural and wrong to discount her.

Walk. Talk.
@[Vrazda]
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
she's got a pretty face,.
but no heart to match

Hot, burning, a roaring flame baring down upon her spine and the lightly coloured skin spread tightly beneath the honey coloured shades of hair that became her coat. The Dragon's Throat had a reason for it's name. That reason was one that the land loved to show off and make sure that all of the members would be used to it after some time, and knew that it wasn't about to change anytime soon.
Eager to escape, she headed north, the only direction that you were able to go, and sent herself for the trees. The Deep Forest gave her no gifts when she entered the Threshold lacking herbs, empty-handed and disappointed with her findings. A late Tallsun storm would be nice about this time when only fluffy, white clouds dotted hazy blue skies that we're desperate in the need of a washing.
Various calls cascade into her pricked ears, dancing about the top of her head in an alert fashion to any changing sounds of bird cries and calls. Occasionally, you could catch the sounds of others, the low tone of their voices, noisy marching as they tore through the undergrowth in search of the opening that would give them the gateway to the rest of Helovia. Having been birthed to the land, she felt no ties to this place. She'd never seen the outside, what went on there, all the things that would pay her no more mind than what she was given here.
Today, she'd finally gotten close to the edge, where the trees ended and the world opened up. The light was brighter in that direction, but when a cry got to her ears, as a prey creature, she turned and made her leave quickly. There would be no absence of herself now.
Paths had been dragged through the undergrowth, one's frequently traveled by those already homed in the land. Newcomers seemed to have a difficult time of finding them, unsure of where they led and most likely worried and careful of where they went when it came to a new place. Uneven growth, snapped branches and brambles clearly pulled from their before location could tell you when and where a newcomer had gone. For those with longer hair, ones with sharp eyes may find strands of hair attached to bushes.
Torn earth brought her attention towards it, curious when a voice rose out the direction the path had gone. Intent on ensuring a newcomer's entrance to the land is one gone well, her strides lengthened as much as she could make them, her long legs eating the ground with short moves.
The one who has already beat her there is familiar, sadly, she cannot remember the name that the male bares. He seems odd in what he does, but he is nothing of the fashion of a large male she had met here when she was younger.
Their guest is tall, dark, and makes her unsure of if he falls to the title of handsome. She watches with curious eyes, wandering of who he is and admiring his height over her.
"I would be Sikeax, a healer of the Dragon's Throat. Has your journey been well to you, and if not, may my companions and I be assistance to you?"
Her voice is low, her distance from them is more than the smaller stud, but not far enough that she cannot hear them, and that her voice would not be drowned out. Weary, slightly nervous, her tail flicks against her hind legs. Sunburns give a shout and complain as she changes the expression of her faintly illuminated facial features as to match her discomfort.

OOC: Well, I haven't really seen you much, Deady, so if you're new to Helovia, welcome! If you have any questions, or need any help, feel free to ask me or any of our friendly admins.
darren criss. @ shine

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Unregistered
He’d managed to find something edible under the growth, some grass would suffice him for now. He nosed the obstructions out of the way and pulled the green vegetation into his mouth to eat. It was peaceful here in the thick forest. There was little noise, though he thought he could hear the soft sounds of others speaking, but he wasn’t entirely sure they were really there. His dark pelt absorbed the heat from the sun in the break of canopy above him, it wasn’t unbearable, he was already hot. He could see the glare from the hoop in his ear cast out on the ground before him. It was interesting to him how it managed to make such a noticeable glare. He flicked his ear and watched with amusement as the glare jumped around on the ground. He was very easily entertained sometimes, this was just one of those times. He swallowed a mouth full of grass and took a moment to gnaw at an itch on his leg. Suddenly, the great creature stopped his movement and his ears stood tall at attention to the familiar sound of someone trudging through the brush.

He lifted his great head and tossed his forelock off of his eyes with little effort. He’d had plenty of practice doing so over the years. He peered into the trees, unable to see anything for a moment, but just as the sounds had predicted there came a form from the trees. A stud smaller than himself made his presence known and Vrazda looked at him curiously, but he responded politely as he took in the sight of the creature. “Afternoon.” He gave a small nod of his head and turned his body to face the stallion proper. It was like nothing he’d ever seen for himself, atop the stallion’s head sat two large horns and down his nose small spikes protruded. Vrazda had heard stories of these equine like creatures from his mother, but he’d never seen them for himself. It took him a moment to notice the creature traveling with the horned stallion. Vrazda lowered his head just slightly to get a better look at the creature traveling with the brute. His gaze shifted slightly to him now as he asked how he and his companion could be of assistance. Vrazda took a moment to glance around before admitting rather sheepishly that he was lost. “I guess I could use a little help. I’m not really sure how to get out of here.” He studied the two creatures in front of him before asking as politely as he could manage. “Who might you two be?” He glance to the hound at the other stud’s feet before glancing up towards the trees. He flicked his ears again, there came the sound of another approaching. Had he been so clumsy and loud he’d attracted more? Probably so, he wasn’t known for his grace.

He shifted his gaze towards the direction the sound had come from, he watched the trees as another form slipped from the shadows. He was quick to notice the horn atop her head, a dull glowing light spilled from the spike on her head. He felt very plain amongst his company, but he didn’t mind it too much. The female spoke and Vrazda took a moment to study her, she couldn’t have been over two. He nodded his head politely to her as he had done for the stallion stood in front of him. She kept her distance but her voice was still heard. “A pleasure to meet you, Sikeax. My name is Vrazda.” He glanced to the stallion as well after his brief introduction. He had come from nowhere essentially. “The journey was alright, and I think…” He paused and looked himself over before turning to face them again. “I’m all in one piece.” He said happily.

OOC: I'm new here ^_^ Thank you for the warm welcome <3

Rostislav
Why? Honestly.. why? Why is it that whenever I go out searching for new recruits someone else ALWAYS appears? I can't tell if it is because newcomers are so easy to find, or I make just that much commotion tromping through the Threshold. I turn my crown to view the young lady that enters in. She's a pretty thing, and I smell desert on her. Dragon's Throat. I squint my eyes as my gaze travels over her. Do I know her? We may have crossed paths before, but I don't believe I've ever exchanged words with her. I snort and shake my head slightly before turning my attention back to the black stallion before me. He seems amiable enough, and he and this.. Sikeax do introductions. Seems I'm going to be the last one jumping on that wagon. I am Rostislav of the Hidden Falls, this is Damaris. I gesture down toward the pup, and she woofs at Vrazda happily, wagging her tail on the forest floor. You are in the Threshold of Helovia. I offer the best smile I can, but I'm weary and it shows. Not putting on a good show, are you? I look down, wondering if that was Damaris shooting that idea into my head. But no, that was all me. The two of us have not yet achieved the ability to communicate mentally. That will take several more months - when she is more full grown, and our bond has grown stronger. I glance back at Sikeax to see if she is about to throw any comments in. There's a moment of silence, long enough for me to take advantage of. I turn my crown back to Vrazda. If you are looking for a home, I can certainly offer one. Up front and down to business - I'm not really feeling the chit chat these days and I hope that neither are these two. Let's figure out what's going on here and get on with it, I'm sure we'll all be much happier for it. The variable here is whether these two will cooperate with my implicit plan.

Walk. Talk.
@[Sikeax]
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
but no heart to match
Altogether, they seem to hold no ill with one another. She listens with close mind to each of their names, recalling them over in her head a few times while they speak associating the sounds with each body. Damaris is the most cheerful of them all, gaining a smile from Sikeax that spreads slow and small in size. She feels eyes on herself while her own are on the pup, enjoying the youthfulness of a child.
Instinctively, she flicks her ears towards Rostislav and steps closer. Taking her time and making sure as not to become too close to them, she comes in close enough to hear the smaller draft offer a home. Here, they know nothing of this male, and they are already offering homes when they have no idea of who he is other than his name. She can't find herself making the offer so quick, but it would be best not to seem that she is not interested in hospitality.
"I can offer you a home as well, but first, is there anything you'd like to know, whether it be about us, the land, anything you'd like to know? We'd very much like to know about you as well, if you'd like to say a bit."
This go around, her ears are put straight to him. She wants to know more, to see who Vrazda really was. Yes, he was a man who stood tall and seemed friendly. As far as her eyes were letting see, he was a good man, the kind worth taking home to the family to let become family, but not in the way you would think.
As of the moment, Vrazda was a newcomer who would need advice, assistance, all that could be added to a long, ever-growing list of things that would be needing.
A shimmer of a light strikes her left eye for short seconds, resulting in a quick jerk of her head backwards. It fires a beam to the ground, and she watches as the black stud follows it with his eyes. He's so locked to it that a low laugh escapes her.
The light is reflected from his ear apparently, catching her attention. It's nothing she's seen in the past, something new. "What's that? I mean," Rude is the word that comes to mind when she thinks of how she had just spoken to him. "what's that on your ear? Excuse me, if I sounded rude." This time, her skull is tucked into her neck, conversing between a mass of thoughts in her brain. A great many of things could of been said other than that, but loose hopes that her apology went far enough not to give a bad impression kept her lips sewed together.

@[Vrazda]
darren criss. @ shine

you were angels,

Unregistered
The creature’s gaze shifted from the filly back to the stud that had first approached him. So he was called Rostislav. Vrazda repeated it over and over in his mind as he looked at the stallion and then he shifted his gaze to the hound at his feet and tilted his head with a kind look on his features. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both as well.” He had never had a companion of his own, but he always found the concept interesting. Having another creature that you were close enough to share a mind link, that was something to be admired. He blinked and lifted his great head to look around as Rostislav explained where he was. The Threshold of Helovia? He’d never heard of this place before. Had he wandered so far in the past year? He felt like he’d done a fairly large amount of wandering. He wondered if this was the place his mother had so often talked about, a far away land with magical creatures. It was amusing to him that he’d managed to find such a place, if that were even the case. He was pulled from his musings by the stud’s voice, he glanced back at him. The prospect of a home excited and terrified the stallion. He blinked and shuffled his hooves in the grassy growth below. He knew nothing of this place. “I uh… “ He hesitated and then the filly spoke up and he shifted his eyes to her. He flicked his ears nervously and looked between the two of them. How was he meant to choose? He knew this was how things operated, but he felt like things were going too fast. He looked between them again and nodded.

“I suppose I would like to know of your respective homes before I make a decision, if that’s alright. I must also admit I’m a little curious as to why you took interest with me?” He knew the last bit was a trivial question, but he thought it was fair nonetheless. He figured since he’d asked questions of his own he might as well answer hers. He thought over it for a moment before he found a suitable explanation for himself. He sighed slowly before diving into his introduction. “I’m from a small herd in the forests far from here, well they’re in the valley now, but I suppose it doesn’t really matter. I left them a year ago and have found myself wandering aimlessly ever since. My life in that herd was violent and my whole life I knew nothing other than the stories my mother told me, most thought she was crazy, and violence. My leader used me to enact his own revenge. I don’t know who my real parents are, I’ve been told several different stories of where I come from. I’m a trained warrior, but a bit rusty I must admit.” He paused, realizing he’d rambled on and probably mentioned a bit more than he should have. “I suppose that sums me up nicely.” He looked away for a moment before the filly’s words brought his gaze back to her. She was a curious little thing. He didn’t mind her question and shook his head causing the silver hoop to shake in his ear. “It’s a silver hoop. I’ve had it my whole life, I don't know where it came from.” He flicked his ear lazily. “No need for apologies, I don’t mind questions.”

@[Rostislav]
OOC: Sorry about the wait, and that it's kinda short. >_<

Rostislav
Contrary to my normal approach, it seems that this time we will be taking the long way around. Getting to know the stranger before taking them home. Now, is this probably the wisest, nicest thing to do? Yes. Am I lazy and I like the easy way out? Also yes. But, with the insistence of the stallion and the filly - and now Damaris who is thwapping her tail against my legs - I suppose I can jump on the bandwagon, too. Damaris takes the initiative and leaps forward, going over to sniff the stranger who has named himself Vrazda. He's polite and seems genuinely interested to meet us all. Damaris is interested to meet him, too, and I feel jealousy bubble inside me. She glances back at me with a sassy look in those green eyes - pupil-less just like mine. Clearly she has no time for my insecurities. I huff, but beat down the negative emotions that threaten me. He tells us about himself and answers Sikeax's question. Hmmm.. a soldier? Rusty or not, he's probably beaten my track record here in Helovia. This is the perfect segue into telling him about my own life and the Hidden Falls. I am a Legatus - a general - for the Hidden Falls. Perhaps you could be a soldier in our ranks. Rusty or not, you seem fit and able, and practice is needed by all of us, myself included. I admit the last bit of information with a grumble. I'm not a fan of admitting my shortcomings, but here it is seems honesty is the best policy. I try to stand up a little straighter, a little taller, but fail. My poor legs and round tummy can only do so much to better my stature. The Hidden Falls is a herd land located in a valley, surrounded by cliffs, with a large waterfall, and an oasis toward the center. It's very beautiful, and is just north of here. Lush, warm, sunny, and welcoming. What do you think - could I be the spokesperson for a vacation ad? Perhaps not. The scars on my face, my pale white eyes, and obviously drunken demeanor definitely don't put me at an advantage. But perhaps to the unique soul, I'm just what they're looking for. One can always hope, right?

Walk. Talk.

Tag: @[Sikeax]
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

but no heart to match
Quiet, ever so patient in how she listens to the both of them speak. Once more, she has become the odd one in their trio. Both are soldiers, and there are no healers to stand with her in an art that can be overlooked in it's importance. Soldiers carried a variety, yet for a small team of healers spread about the land, there were only the killers who grabbed bottles of poisons, deadly concoctions, and death spit, and then the medics, armed with sharp eyes, and steady movements to assure those wounded would make it to see other days. They both even come from trees, while she grew as a rebellious winter flower in the cold that turned sides completely to become a desert rose.
Her turn rises up, and caught up in how Rostislav has talked about the Hidden Falls, a place unknown to her that sparked interest as of the going-ons of the Windtossed Foothills, she is caught off guard. She needs something fast.
"I know a few soldiers who know their talent well, who could be of use." Who would those be? Hector? Surely, the giant wouldn't pay mind to how she'd drug someone home for him to spar with. It seemed an odd plan, almost as if she brought a gift.
One other comes to her mind, she can't remember his name, but knows that he was of a soldier's rank. There would easily be ones to dig out of their ranks so that Vrazda could work the knots out of his work. She can't help, but feel a sadness to her when it comes to how he learned it. Pity flickers in, and out, but goes out fast. From the sights her dull eyes had seen, he looked well, and unbothered. It would be rude of her to bring it up more.
"The Dragon's Throat is a desert, but there is a large oasis in the center, and a lot of natural defenses from the sea, and the canyons along the land bridge. It might be hot, and miserable in Tallsun, but for the rest of the year, the weather is paradise, food is abundant, and the only issues are monsoons during Birdsong."
It doesn't seem so amazing, sparkling in pictures like a vacation in the Caribbean would be, but in person, it was a lovely place. Sunburns had dotted her skin, but they were unseen for the most part. There even seemed to be more to offer there, with individuals receiving more attention.

@[Vrazda]

darren criss. @ shine

you were angels,

Unregistered
His large black head swayed lazily between the two of him as his brown eyes studied their facial features and the way each stood. The movement of the hound caught his eye and his ears pricked forward towards the creature as he lowered his large head down to sniff of the hound, he blew breath from his nostrils and studied the small creature. She was peculiar to him, mainly because the only think like her he’d ever seen was a wolf. All his life he’d been coached to avoid packs of them, and only to engage one if it were absolutely necessary. This Damaris looked like a wolf, but she didn’t really. It was difficult for him to grasp, something he’d been taught to avoid his whole life seemed to be this creature’s friend. Vrazda moved his chocolate eyes up to Rostislav when he started speaking. His face contorted in confusion at first. Legatus? That was a term he’d never heard, but once the word general followed, Vrazda nodded in understanding. He’d had generals, scouts, soldiers. All of that was present in his old herd, he had just been a soldier, but he’d clawed his way up, the lead saw something in him. But Vrazda was only ever a pawn in someone else’s game of chess. He listened to him describe the land and nodded his head. “It does sound lovely there.” The more he heard of each herd, the more put off he was. To be brought back in only to be made a soldier over… It wasn’t something he exactly fantasized about. Vrazda had no problem fighting. But only when it was his fight and his desire. He didn’t like fighting other people’s battles for them. Herd or no herd, maybe he was just selfish.

He looked to the filly stood with them now as she spoke. He was very keen to learn about this place, but there was a dark smudge on his excitement. He was unsure if he was really fit for herd life again. He was unsure if that’s what the really wanted. He’d been on his own for so long now, he wasn’t sure he was ready to give that independence up. He knew most herds allowed members their independence, but still. Everything you did was for the good of the herd, and Vraz was a bit selfish in that he didn’t like others benefitting from his hard work. He nodded politely as she spoke anyway, the two had been kind enough to offer him a place to stay. Vrazda looked back at his own back. The dark pelt would be miserably hot in Tallsun. His ebony coloring would absorb that hot, miserable heat. It would be like a blanket. She made the rest of the seasons sound pleasant enough, but honestly, he just couldn’t find it in himself to sign himself away to another herd, not so quickly as this. He lowered his large head just slightly, ears drooped as he prepared to speak. He looked between them one last time and sighed. “Both of your homes do sound wonderful in their own ways. I am sure each of them have wonderful things to offer, but I regret to say… I don’t think I’m ready to join either of your ranks. Perhaps past experience has jaded me, but I just… I’m not ready for another herd. I’m sorry to have wasted both of your time. I let my curious nature get the better of my judgment. I hope you can forgive me.” He lowered his head just a smidgen more, he truly did regret wasting their time, but he had to take care of himself. He wanted freedom right now, it seemed security and safety didn’t mean all that much to him in the moment. And that’s where Vrazda liked to live.

@[Rostislav]

Sikeax describes the Dragon's Throat, and I listen as intently as Vrazda does. I've never been to the Throat, and know little to nothing about it. It's a desert - that's all I know. After she stops speaking I turn my attention to the black stallion again, waiting for his response. I wonder if he will choose to follow this filly, or perhaps he will follow me. I've only had one successful recruitment, and I hope that Vrazda will be my second. He gives us some hesitation, and the suspense is aggravating. I almost go to say something, to prompt a response from the thoughtful man. Before I can, though, he speaks, and it's not what I was hoping to hear. In one way, I'm pleased, because he says he has chosen not to go with the filly. But I'm disappointed that he has not chosen me and the Falls either. It's smart, honestly, that he has chosen to wander and learn Helovia before throwing in with one side or another. But this doesn't suit ME or MY needs. Why can't he be more considerate? I swallow the huff that I'm about to let loose, and instead I swish my leonine tail back and forth. "Very well then. Should you ever choose a herd, the Falls will welcome you." I nod my head politely, but my muscles are tensed with irritation at my failure to bring home a new member for our herd. I look at him, then Sikeax. "Good day to you both." With that, I turn and leave, and Damaris trots after me, her tail down as my own emotions infect hers as well.

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread