the Rift

Zombies

Vrazda Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
His large black head swayed lazily between the two of him as his brown eyes studied their facial features and the way each stood. The movement of the hound caught his eye and his ears pricked forward towards the creature as he lowered his large head down to sniff of the hound, he blew breath from his nostrils and studied the small creature. She was peculiar to him, mainly because the only think like her he’d ever seen was a wolf. All his life he’d been coached to avoid packs of them, and only to engage one if it were absolutely necessary. This Damaris looked like a wolf, but she didn’t really. It was difficult for him to grasp, something he’d been taught to avoid his whole life seemed to be this creature’s friend. Vrazda moved his chocolate eyes up to Rostislav when he started speaking. His face contorted in confusion at first. Legatus? That was a term he’d never heard, but once the word general followed, Vrazda nodded in understanding. He’d had generals, scouts, soldiers. All of that was present in his old herd, he had just been a soldier, but he’d clawed his way up, the lead saw something in him. But Vrazda was only ever a pawn in someone else’s game of chess. He listened to him describe the land and nodded his head. “It does sound lovely there.” The more he heard of each herd, the more put off he was. To be brought back in only to be made a soldier over… It wasn’t something he exactly fantasized about. Vrazda had no problem fighting. But only when it was his fight and his desire. He didn’t like fighting other people’s battles for them. Herd or no herd, maybe he was just selfish.

He looked to the filly stood with them now as she spoke. He was very keen to learn about this place, but there was a dark smudge on his excitement. He was unsure if he was really fit for herd life again. He was unsure if that’s what the really wanted. He’d been on his own for so long now, he wasn’t sure he was ready to give that independence up. He knew most herds allowed members their independence, but still. Everything you did was for the good of the herd, and Vraz was a bit selfish in that he didn’t like others benefitting from his hard work. He nodded politely as she spoke anyway, the two had been kind enough to offer him a place to stay. Vrazda looked back at his own back. The dark pelt would be miserably hot in Tallsun. His ebony coloring would absorb that hot, miserable heat. It would be like a blanket. She made the rest of the seasons sound pleasant enough, but honestly, he just couldn’t find it in himself to sign himself away to another herd, not so quickly as this. He lowered his large head just slightly, ears drooped as he prepared to speak. He looked between them one last time and sighed. “Both of your homes do sound wonderful in their own ways. I am sure each of them have wonderful things to offer, but I regret to say… I don’t think I’m ready to join either of your ranks. Perhaps past experience has jaded me, but I just… I’m not ready for another herd. I’m sorry to have wasted both of your time. I let my curious nature get the better of my judgment. I hope you can forgive me.” He lowered his head just a smidgen more, he truly did regret wasting their time, but he had to take care of himself. He wanted freedom right now, it seemed security and safety didn’t mean all that much to him in the moment. And that’s where Vrazda liked to live.

@[Rostislav]

Messages In This Thread
Zombies - by Vrazda - 07-13-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Zombies - by Rostislav - 07-13-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: Zombies - by Sikeax - 07-13-2014, 01:43 PM
RE: Zombies - by Vrazda - 07-14-2014, 10:59 AM
RE: Zombies - by Rostislav - 07-14-2014, 11:24 PM
RE: Zombies - by Sikeax - 07-16-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: Zombies - by Vrazda - 07-21-2014, 09:02 AM
RE: Zombies - by Rostislav - 07-21-2014, 01:22 PM
RE: Zombies - by Sikeax - 07-25-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Zombies - by Vrazda - 08-11-2014, 12:30 PM