Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

From the dawn of time, to the end of days
I will have to run, away
I want to feel the pain, and the bitter taste
Of the blood on my lips, again

The storm clouds raging overhead reminded him over wintertime in the Tides; his lovely Tides. He missed them desperately, but he was soon growing accustomed to this place. Perhaps he would soon be able to rule the Foothills as honorably as he had ruled the Tides. He could only pray that he would have enough mercy and honesty to win the affections of those who resided at the base of the mountain range.

The stallion listened to the stranger's question, and he hummed thoughtfully. Paladin had been one of the first to arrive in Helovia, and he had seen much of the changes that had occurred since the Isilmians had established the countryside. "Yes, for the most part," he replied honestly. "Once, the Throat was occupied by worshipers of the Sun, but a group of pegasus invaded. The leader of the Sun tribe and one of the pegasus warriors perished in the battle." He recalled the news of Voltaic's death with deep sadness. He regretted not pursuing a relationship further with the proud and distant lead of the Islands.

With a polite smile, the black dun glanced up at the sky which grew darker by the second. Still, one of his velvet, ebony ears tilted in the direction of the Edge mare, and he regarded her with suspicion. His crimson eyes glanced to the side as she seemed to become infatuated with the stranger's dragon, and he furrowed his brows in confusion. Unicorns were naturally fearful of dragons, but he supposed she might not have seen one before.

At any rate, the shimmering white was quite lovely and smaller than the other dragons he had seen. Her name was Dell from the Edge, and Paladin frowned. The Edge held darkness, but he had never been able to pinpoint open racism on any of its members before. Still, most of the unicorns kept to themselves among their trees and mist, and the black dun preferred life that way.

"We are well met, Lace," he replied with open kindness before watching as lightning painted the sky in bright light. "Most equines live either in the Foothills or as part of a band run by Mirage," he explained to the newcomer. "I and my mate used to rule the Tides of Isilme before we fled here, and we are currently in a brief retirement." He added the last bit with a short, jovial laugh.

"Unicorns reside in the Edge, and they have turned away any without horns before," he spoke, eyeing Dell with caution. "Typically, I warn those with kind and gentle heart away from the mists of the Edge. It lies to the West, north of the coast, and you cannot miss its borders which are thickly lined with trees." Paladin hoped that his synopsis was helping Lace.

DO YOU FEEL MY PAIN NOW?

Messages In This Thread
Contemplating Treason [chan/Ina] - by Paladin - 08-26-2012, 02:03 PM
RE: Contemplating Treason [chan/Ina] - by Lace - 08-26-2012, 02:32 PM
RE: Contemplating Treason [chan/Ina] - by Delinne - 08-26-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: Contemplating Treason [chan/Ina] - by Paladin - 08-26-2012, 04:30 PM
RE: Contemplating Treason [chan/Ina] - by Lace - 08-26-2012, 05:16 PM
RE: Contemplating Treason [chan/Ina] - by Delinne - 08-27-2012, 01:21 AM
RE: Contemplating Treason [chan/Ina] - by Paladin - 08-27-2012, 10:39 PM
RE: Contemplating Treason [chan/Ina] - by Lace - 08-27-2012, 11:32 PM
RE: Contemplating Treason [chan/Ina] - by Delinne - 08-28-2012, 03:46 AM
RE: Contemplating Treason [chan/Ina] - by Paladin - 08-28-2012, 10:27 AM