the Rift

I'm an Anti-Social Asshole

Ira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Cheveyo seemed quiet for a moment after my thanks, and introduction. I waited patently none the less, but I wondered what the painted fae was thinking of. "It's a pleasure to meet you Ira, I hope your travels treated you well." My bodily stiffness had dissipated, and those taught muscles relaxed some. "I suppose you could say that." I say, laughing at the concept about the travels that had so treated me with sorrow, hunger, fight for survival. No, they had not treated me well, and I suppose that was why I laughed, the irony of it all. The laugh that came out was stiff, unused, but not booming. It was soft, more of a wheeze of air, barely audible.

After I asked about this land, and all the other questions pointless to repeat once again in this biography, and my eyes had flitted about, coming to rest on the painted mare, her eyes went and looked around some. Her ears perked, also listening to the muffled sounds of others, before once more returning to me, and giving me the favor of her full attention.

"Helovia is the name of the whole region, World's Edge is my home. But the land you stand in currently is known as the Threshold and yes you would be correct it is the recruiting spot. She then shakes her maw, a chuckle slipping out of them, then returning to back to my eyes. "I normally try to avoid the Threshold, I'm not so good at talking to new people. But something called me here today. Where do you hail from?"

So I had been correct somewhat in my assumptions. I absorb the information, Then move on. She says she is not good at talking to new people, but honestly, she is doing a better job then I am. I smile at her, one of my rare smiles, then she takes the attention I had laid so carefully on her and turns it around onto me. Where do I hail from. A slight hum rumbles from my throat as I think about this. It had been so long. So long since I had thought about my original homeland. Flashes of fire and screaming appear in my minds eye, my mothers voice a soft urging, the burn of flames, and the sting of my lungs as I run, the smoke filling them. The safety of my mothers warm body and the slow recovery. I close my eyes for a moment, closing the memories down. I open them slowly, and look at the mare once more. "I hail from a land that is very very very far away from here. You must cross hundreds of lands to reach it. However, it is all ashes now. But I have not been there since I was very young, a few days old at the most. Since then? I have been a wanderer. I have no home. Damn do I sound like a sop or what? Giving my sad story away to this pretty mare, who more than likely doesn't give a flying fuck. But I admire her beauty, and I want to get to know her. If this was a recruiting spot I wanted to be recruited by her. I had made my choice, no matter who else showed my mind was made up. I would return with this mare to her land.
@[Cheveyo]
Word Count;; 569
There we go! I'm starting to get into a role with this guy! :D

Messages In This Thread
I'm an Anti-Social Asshole - by Ira - 07-15-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: I'm an Anti-Social Asshole - by Cheveyo - 07-15-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: I'm an Anti-Social Asshole - by Ira - 07-17-2014, 09:44 AM
RE: I'm an Anti-Social Asshole - by Cheveyo - 07-17-2014, 06:18 PM
RE: I'm an Anti-Social Asshole - by Ira - 07-18-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: I'm an Anti-Social Asshole - by Cheveyo - 07-18-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: I'm an Anti-Social Asshole - by Ira - 08-03-2014, 04:09 PM
RE: I'm an Anti-Social Asshole - by Cheveyo - 08-06-2014, 11:33 PM