the Rift

[JUDGED] Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya...

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull
A vicious surge of triumph flashes white-hot through your veins as you ram your enemy, and out of the corner of your eye, you see him stagger back. Of course, your own shoulder is throbbing, but that is a small price to pay for the damage you’ve surely inflicted on him. A raucous chortle bursts from your lips, and your face contorts in a sneer. They say revenge is sweet, but no, now you know that they’re wrong—it’s delicious. If you had known how satisfying it is to feel the dull pounding of flesh against bone, you would have sought out and picked a fight with one of these horned devils long ago.

For in truth, this ugly creature is your first unicorn. You have never encountered one before, much less fought one. It’s funny; somehow, you thought they’d be much…bigger. With all of the destruction they’d wreaked on your kin, you’d assumed that they’d have to be massive—veritable war machines with curved sabers protruding wickedly from their skulls, or solid walls of muscle able to leap into the air and cut down your kind in flight. But surprisingly, your foe appears to be perfectly ordinary. Aside from the abominable spikes that jut from his face and his head, he seems to be of an average build, perhaps a bit stockier than the typical pegasus, but not nearly as hulking as you’d expected. Was this really the kind that had given your brethren so much trouble?

But for now, you have more pressing matters to deal with than the hows and whys of your past; what concerns you is the whens and whats of the present. Specifically, when will you have the satisfaction of beating this killer to a bloody pulp, and what is it going to take to bring him down? As you rush past him, you only catch a glimpse of him stumbling backwards. You do not see him rise up on his hind legs, for something quite different is rising up before you. A tree stands just beyond Rostislav, and your collision with his meaty shoulder has set you on a crash course with one gnarled pine. Instinctively, your muscles tense, and you hold your wings tightly to your sides as you pivot, spinning away from the branches of near disaster and right into an incredible bit of good luck. Of course, you don’t know that his heavy hooves have missed you by mere inches as you dodged the tree; you only hear a groan and a thud as he hits the ground. However, even someone as thick-skulled as you can guess that something is going on behind you. You wheel with malicious glee, expecting to find your opponent on the forest floor, but to your shock, he is still on his feet. Naïve boy, you thought victory would come so soon…as it is, the sight of him standing there incenses you all over again.

Once more, you lunge at him, every muscle in your body straining for vengeance. This time though, you are wary of your enemy’s horns. You send your hooves before you, launching at the demon in a half-rear as flinty feet seek his already-tender shoulder. While you don’t dare bring your head close enough to his to rip at his ears, your teeth are bared fiercely. “You,” you snarl, as you bring your hooves down, reaching for his right shoulder, “you think you own everything!” Your voice rises to a frenzied pitch, and the glint in your eye borders on maniacal as you spit, “Well, I’ve got news for you, scum! YOU DON’T OWN ME!

WC: 604

2/3 attacks, 0/1 closing defense
Summary: Gull inadvertently dodges Rostislav's attack as he pivots to avoid a tree. He wheels and tries to strike at Rostislav's injured right shoulder with his hooves by lunging at him in a half-rear.

OOC: So sorry for the wait, Silk!
trouble just grew wings
Image Credit
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya... - by Gull - 07-17-2014, 04:04 AM
RE: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya... - by Gull - 08-04-2014, 01:29 AM
RE: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya... - by Gull - 08-24-2014, 03:31 PM
RE: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya... - by Gull - 09-21-2014, 10:51 PM