the Rift

Family [Ktu]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

text text text

[OOC: before Paladin's challenge to Goss]

Paladin had taken to leaving his herdland more often during the day as being around the others there left him feeling without purpose. Instead, he chose to spend his time in the open, beautiful meadow. The rains had given it new life, and he was content in this solitude.

The sun was beginning to fade over the Horizon and Paladin wondered where his family was. He was proud of the fact that his girls had made lives for themselves, but he wanted to see them so badly. With a small sigh, the black dun lowered his muzzle to the ground to graze lightly with the cool breeze blowing over his back.

ali Posts: 22
OOC Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 5'4 :: 28
ali

It was the first time that Ktulu had ventured from her home in the Throat since she'd given birth to her son. He seemed curious about the world, but stayed close to her side, which she was thankful for. She had learned a lot in her childhood, most of which was the world was not an easy place. Children were forced to grow up before their time. They were forced to endure wars and death. She was determined to allow her son to have the childhood he deserved. One free of the stress and worries that had plagued herself and her sister when they had lived in Isilme and when they had first run to Helovia.

The meadow seemed the perfect place to take Hototo for his first outing. It was a place of comfort and fond memories for her. She hoped that her son would have the same fond memories and feeling of comfort that she had. Ktulu moved smoothly into a trot, not daring to go any faster because of her son's crooked legs. It broke her heart that he got the same disfigurement that she'd had as a foal, but she was determined to not let it stop him.

A dark figure in the meadow had Ktulu slowing shortly after and eventually stopping. Her tail flicked from side to side as she scented the air, easily recognizing the scent as her fathers. The young mare smiled, lowered her head and nuzzled her son's fluffy forelock before looking at the dark figure and whinnying to him.

Deceased
Tamme

text text text

Paladin looked up and could have sworn that he was staring into his own reflection before he noticed the subtle differences. Her horn was tipped red, but her mane was unadulterated, pearly white. She was barely smaller, but built just as lithely with strong musculature. He narrowed his crimson eyes. Either she had taken to sitting small children or she... had given birth?

The stallion's heart stopped in his chest, and he froze, dumbfounded. He was not ready to be a grandfather. His little girl was not old enough to know anything about those sort of relations! But she was not a little girl anymore. She was a beautiful mare with a stunningly handsome colt at her side.

Paladin struggled to regain his composure and trotted forward to meet them, staring down at the lovely little colt. He was strange with two rams horns and wings! What a curiosity! "Ktulu..." he said affectionately. "You did not tell me that you had a mate." With a smile, he lowered his muzzle to the child, blowing over his furry forelock.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

It was quite like her father to assume that she had a mate simply because she had a child at her side. She couldn't really blame him, however. He had been with her mother for quite some time and as far as she knew he'd never had any foals with any other mare. He'd only produced those two devil colts that she wanted to grind into dust beneath her hooves. She sincerely hoped that he never had anymore children if they were all going to turn out like that Varath. He was nothing but a little pain in the ass.

"I don't have a mate." She said simply as her father lowered his muzzle to her son's forelock. She felt the small colt pressing against her side. There was nothing for him to fear, he would learn soon. "His name is Hototo." Ktulu said to her father. "He is my son. His father is the God of the Earth."

Icon by Tay

Deceased
Tamme

No mate? The stallion's brows furrowed in deep concern. Had she been harmed? The rage that shook his insides was more powerful than any anger he had felt since he had run away from his birthplace, and his body coiled with the red emotion. He would tear the bastard apart and enjoy the blood that would bathe him in the process, and he would draw out the torture, just to hear him scream... "Did someone hurt you?" he asked firmly, his crimson eyes shaking with anger.

However, the young colt caught his attention, and his rage was assuaged. He was handsome. Very handsome, and he knew that Ktulu would be able to resolve any situation with good and grace, just like with this stunning little fellow. A smile cracked on his lips. And she just said that his father was the earth god? The god of the earth itself... one of the three gods that ruled over this land? Paladin sharply lifted his head and stared into her eyes in disbelief. "You have met one of the gods and bore his child?" he asked, awe in his tone.

Then, he smirked and affectionately played with the forelock on her head. "I should have known that with your beauty that you would catch the eye of a god," he said with a slight chuckle. "At any rate, I believe that a god is the only man who deserves you." She was his daughter. He loved her with a deep and resounding fierceness that was as unshakable as a mountain. No matter what crimes she committed or what morals she held, he would stand by her, lovingly and with his full support.

With a joyful smile, he turned his attention once more to the colt. "Hototo, hum?" he asked the child. "A fitting and proud name for such a noble child." Paladin affectionately tousled his baby soft mane as well. "I am your grandfather, Paladin." Then, he laughed. "Ktulu, I am too young to be a grandfather, or am I just getting old?"