the Rift

[OPEN] Together We Will Touch The Sky

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Well he would be damned, the rumors about an island within the sky were actually true not just some fictional story that got confused. Standing at the edge of one of the cascading waterfalls the grey and his bonded gazed down at the land below trying to figure out how this was even possible. Being a grounded unicorn and a tiger, there should have been no way possible for either of them to be standing where they were. Was this all a dream? The resonating confusion told him otherwise, surely this could not be a dream if both Kiara and himself were seeing this through their own eyes. Shaking his head in disbelief he turned away from the edge to walk back into the peaceful serenity that seemed to envelop everything around them.

From the blooming cherry trees to the vast abundance of critters things seemed almost too perfect to be true. For as far as the eye could see the island stretched onwards, each inch screaming calmness and relaxation, well if you excluded Kiara who was trying to catch the butterflies as they flew away from her. Shaking his head he pulled some of the tender shoots into his mouth savoring their luscious texture and sweet moisture. Whatever this place was you were not going to hear him complaining that much was for certain, after the darkness this was all too welcoming. He would gladly take this over a dark damp cavern any day and he did not know anyone who would prefer otherwise.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: Open to Anyone •• NOTES: Crappy Starter Will Get Better ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
The young colt had finally plucked up the courage to leave the World's Edge. He was sure Mother would be really upset with him, but he wanted to get out and look for his father. The golden colt moved swiftly searching through the land, he had heard his mother say, at the herd meeting, they had both lived in the Hidden Falls. 'That has to be where my father is at.' Ilios wasn't sure exactly what his father looked like, except that they had the same ivy like markings, same eyes, and that his name was Ciceron. The poor babe couldn't understand why his own Dad wanted nothing to do with him. His handsome ivy marked face hung low as he moved through the grass, the sun setting his like colored fur on fire.

Hope was like a butterfly, marvelous to look out, but hard to keep alive for long. Hope was a candle in a hurricane it's flame fighting to shine, but the pressure of wind and rain snuffing it out. The sun pelted colt's delicate fluttering flickering hope was growing weaker. Maybe his Father really didn't like or want him, why else would he have let Mother and himself leave? Sighing the colt stopped his silver eyes closed tight against the internal pain of being unwanted. He knew perfectly well that his cremello winged Mother loved him dearly, but to a boy it was the worst thing ever to have your father abandon you.

Once he opened his eyes again the youngster saw something he had never seen so close. A cloud was near enough that he could step on to it. 'Are clouds strong enough to hold me though?' He thought quietly as he watched the white puffy thing floating and inch off the ground. 'How what the heck.' The teal and gold foal extended a spindly leg and poked cautiously at the cotton ball. It's construction was solid almost squishy under his soft sharp hoof. Feeling bolder the ivy vine marked foal reared up slamming his forelegs onto the cloud with a shrill squeal of excitement. He waited to drop through the rain carrier, but it held his weight. Laughing in the purely joyous way that only children can produce the young man pounced onto the cloud. Almost instantly it started rising, causing Ilios to freeze silver orbs staring down at the shrinking ground. 'How weird is this?!'

As the sun colt rose higher a smell wafted towards him, then scent of someone else and something else he didn't know. Casting his curious gaze up he noticed a silver dappled stallion looking down at the world below. Ilios smiled softly and called up towards him nickering happily. it wasn't until he leaped like a salmon jumping a water fall, to land on the stunning island, that he noticed the ivy markings the stud bore upon his legs. Speech failed him for a moment as he gazed carefully over the stud. The golden foal spoke in a quavering voice, ""Father?"

"Speech" "Thoughts"
Words:503
OOC: @[Ciceron]

You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Losing track of time and his surroundings he watched his companion enjoying herself with the many critters she found to chase and pursue. One minute it was a butterfly the next would be a rabbit or bird. Guess this is just as peaceful to her as it was to him. A couple times she did end up catching whatever she was after but she would just gently bat at it playfully for a bit before she let it get away uninjured but maybe just a little traumatized from being up close and personal with something that would normally eat it.

Flicking his tail across his flanks to clear the couple of pests that buzzed around he lowered his head to pull up some of the luscious blades. Over the past weeks he had not really paid too much attention to his own needs such as hunger or thirst as his mind was too preoccupied over Parelia. Every moment that he was awake he could not stop thinking about her and when he did manage to sleep a couple hours she also danced through his nightmares as the scene replayed itself endlessly. Many nights he had woken up drenched in sweat or it had been Kiara to wake him. It was just an relentless circle of events that seemed to have no end and no solution. There was even a couple nights that Kiara had curled up beside him just to try and help him sleep a little easier.

A voice startled him back from his stupor as his ears flicked back to catch the words spoken. Turning around he blinked a couple times to make sure he was still awake not really believing what he was seeing. "Ilios?" This had to be a dream right? First there was a floating island and now there was his son standing here with him, it was surely too good to be true. " Where is you mom? Is she here with you?" He asked deciding to take what he could get of pleasant occurances whether they be real or not.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @[Ilios] •• NOTES: Sorry for wait <3 ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Penna had followed the foal from high above making sure his path was a safe one. The bird was sure Ilios didn't want him tagging along and he couldn't really blame him, it was hard to have fun when you always had a nanny. The bird chuckled softly as he watched his bonded's foal buck and laugh; if only Parelia could feel as happy has the golden and teal boy. Sighing he followed from above watched the colt happily, he didn't mind being sent to watch after something so precious, especially since he meant the world to his cremello soul-mate. When they came across the boy's father the falcon was not surprised, it was only a matter of time since he would meet the steel stallion. He circled above the pair and decided then and there to never tell his bonded about this special meeting.

His golden hide quivered as steel eyes looked upon the Father he had only met once, and for such a short time. Ilios was frozen with surprise, wonder, and a small amount of fear. What if this was a trick that his marvelous island brought upon everyone at some point? What if the male before him wasn't his dad; would he get mad at being called Father? His fear turned from the thought of a stranger to an unhappy dad. As his young eyes moved over the dappled stallion he knew without a doubt this was his dad. They had the same silver eyes and the same ivy like markings, even though his own were teal there was no mistaking the leafy vine markings. Maybe his dad didn't want anything to do with him and would chase him away, because he was a disgrace? His gaze flicked to the white tiger before being pulled back to the Unicorn.

The male confirmed his suspicion that this was his Father when he knew his own name. Ciceron's words were almost lost in his buzzing brain, but the 'mom' brought him around. Slowly his handsome horned dome turned from side to side. His voice was a tiny squeak, "No she is at home, but I do have permission to be here. Penna is here too..." His voice trialed away with uncertainty as he flicked his golden and ivy masked face upward where the bird circled. 'What am I supposed to say to him? I don't know anything about him.' Pain filled narrow chest causing his small black and white tipped tail to swish back and forth like a very happy dog. "It's umm... good to see you Father." Unable to think of anything else to say he forced his spindly legs to move; stepping cautiously closer. What if he really didn't want to be associated with his son? A slender crack appeared on his young heart threatening to shatter the fragile emotions held there.

"Speech" 'Thoughts'
TAGS: @[Ciceron]
NOTES: Sorry it took so long!
WORDS: 476

Table by Moonstone Designs || Image by: XX
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

A whole host of emotions passed over the stallion as he stood there trying to figure out how to react. He was probably the most scared of the possibility of what his son would think of him. Things had not exactly been the smoothest between his mother and himself making it hard for him to spend time with Ilios. He wanted to explain the situation but was at a loss for words. What could he say anyway? Things were his fault anyway maybe it was best that Ilios hated him. The thought horrified him and cut him deep but there was no way he could change his past or his father. A sharp whack across his leg drew him away from the darkened thoughts. Looking down Kiara now stood beside him with her tail lashing from side to side whacking his leg on occasion to keep his attention from wandering back. Sighing softly he conceded and pushed them away but was again left with the problem of what he was going to do now. Kiara uttered a low chuff before settling herself down to sit contently beside him.

It was strange for him to not know how to react but if his companion had confidence in him surely he would be able to find the right course of action. Seeing Ilios step forward ignited hope within his chest that things may not be completely lost after all. He was scared to reach out to his son and be rejected but if he was only responding to the situation maybe things wouldn't be as bad as he imagined. Stepping forward to close the remaining distance between them he reached his muzzle out to touch it against Ilios's nose affectionately. " Its really good to see you to my son. I have missed you greatly."

There he had said it, he had come out and told him how he felt. Would it make a difference though? Would Ilios still believe that he had abandoned them? He prayed that one day he might be forgiven for his mistakes and have a relationship with his son. Hopefully it was not too late.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @[Ilios] •• NOTES: Sorry its a little short ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

The colt turned his silver eyes upward searching the the tiny speck that would be Penna. Sighing softly as he found the floating spot, the hybrid colt turned back towards his silver dappled father. Sighing softly he waited for his Father's reaction to his appearance. An odd encounter for a weird island. Had the Gods brought them both together, or was this a cruel trick of fate? Would he find out why his Father did not want anything to do with him, and why? Emotions flared and boiled within his small chest. He had never felt such a wild amount of emotions rolling through him. Silver eyes found the white and black striped tiger seeming to have a talk with Ciceron. Tilting his head slightly he approached muzzle lowered towards the feline. He could only slightly remember the powerful cat, but he could remember how much love he felt for the bonded. Nickering softly he reached for her hopping to rub her slender nose against her soft white fur.

While he was greeting the tiger the deep voice of his Father rumbled through the air. He wondered briefly if he would sound like that one day. Raising his studded head; the colt accepted Ciceron's welcoming gesture. "I have missed you too Father. Why have you not been with us? Do.... Do I embarrass you?" His voice shook slightly as the young soul tried his best to be brave. Now was his Father's chance to be honest, to break his son's heart. ''What am I going to say if he is? What f he does hate me?' His small frame quivered slightly as he waited for the dream shattering truth. This was the last time he would feel like he was loved and missed by the mighty stallion before him. Even with all of the anxiety pulsing through him, there was still a flicker of hope that his dear dad would love him, would accept him.

"Speech" 'Thoughts'
TAGS: @[Ciceron]
NOTES: Sorry it took so long!
WORDS: 325

Table by Moonstone Designs || Image by: XX
Tag me

Kiara caught the movement of the colt and turned around to face Ilios wondering what he was trying to do. Raising a eyebrow questioningly to her bonded she knew that this must be the way it was attempting to greet her. Guessing that she should be nice she arched her neck up leaning towards the colt so that his muzzle touched her the soft fur upon her neck. Horses were odd creatures but if it made her bonded happy she would go along with the way they did things.

Watching the exchange between Ilios and Kiara the grey couldn't help but smile as the two got reaquainted with each other. They should have been able to get to know each other better but the pained separation between their family had driven them all apart. Perhaps things might slowly begin to go back to the way things were supposed to be now that things were settling. Thinking to Parelia he wished that things had not gone the way that they had back then but it was his fault that everything seemed to fall apart. He could only hope to make up for his mistakes and slowly become part of the family once again if they would let him.

Studying Ilios he could see how much he had grown in the time he had been away. He was going to be a handsome stallion one day that much he was certain of. The words that were spoken next could have easily shattered his heart if he already was not ashamed of himself. A whole mix of emotions flared up in his chest making the pieces of his heart throb painfully once more. Was he embarrassed of him? What in the world had put that question into his son's head? Great this was just another thing that he had screwed up. Maybe he was just a horrible father after all...

Stepping forward to touch Ilios's neck with his muzzle he tried to figure out what to say that would not draw anymore false thoughts. " Of course not! I could never be embarrassed by you, its impossible." He commented trying to hide the pain within his voice as he hated himself immensely from even creating that impression in his son's mind. "Why would you think such a thing?"

Kiara must have felt his pain for she tried to rub up against both of their legs not knowing what else to do. " Your mom was the one who wanted to leave... I could not stop either of you. I hated having to stay away from you both but I thought that it was what your mother wanted. I figured that maybe you both were better off without me..." It was hard to try and explain the thoughts that had been going through his mind at the time as there was so much pain involved. It had been a bad time that had nearly cost him his life if not for Penna and Kiara.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

••MUSE: •• TAGS: @[Ilios]•• NOTES: So Sorry for the wait. I have been working nights and have been coming home and dying. tonight is night 6 for me in a row gah. ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo