the Rift

[PRIVATE] discovery

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
all i've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you

Idly he wonders if what Aurelia experiences at the birth sight of the Gods echoes all who visit it, for he had always felt whole and at peace when visiting the magical place, even after it had suffered destruction at the absence of the Gods. "It's not strange at all, miss Aurelia. Whenever I find myself standing where they have once walked, once lived...it's a unique experience, one you would not be surprised many share," he assured, smiling like a soft ray of sunshine winking through willow branches. She does not give herself enough credit, and had Cera been aware of her self-deprecating nature he would have righted it as quickly as possible. After all, she inspired such an intellectual conversation, one he was thoroughly enjoying and delving deep into. It was inspiring, truly, and he could spend all his days speaking with her in such a way. It was almost saddening to know he could not enjoy her company daily until the first flakes fell upon the earth in winter's reach.

"Would it be more peaceful, miss Aurelia? Power corrupts, in the cases of many. Perhaps our issues could be fixed, but what of independence? Free will? There is violence because we are unique, miss Aurelia. A sad fate, yes, but one that can only be made by the differences of desires and opinions. And when we are mortal, and they far from, how could we fight any corruption that may overtake them?" Cera knew his gods were benevolent, would not be corrupted in such a simple fashion, but he wove an image through strands of possibilities to show to Aurelia a future far more broken than she envisioned. "If they were to grow into their power, to begin to treat us as nothing more than pawns, we would not be able to fight back. But in our herds, we can challenge. We can come together and change things, save ourselves if we are ever put into a situation where we are made to suffer. Maybe the intervention of the Gods should be more frequent in our lives, I would certainly not object, but I know many who don't even like to be told what to do by those who have birthed them." A playful smile curled his lips and he laughed softly at that, crown shaking fondly. "Who is to say that those same souls would not object to being told what to do multiple times by a God? No, I think in their ancientness, the Gods are wiser than I or any other. I trust in their ways, in how they do not rule us. But I do not press upon you the same, miss Aurelia, for like I said, we are all of different mindsets." Fond smile makes it clear that Cera was in no way upset with her, and is instead thoroughly enjoying their debate. Her thoughtful expression reveals to him only one thing- he is doing his job right.

Conversation switches to a far more pleasant topic, not that the previous was unpleasant in the least, but any mention of Ilaria was better than anything else. She was the center of his word, after all. The red panda cooed lovingly, eyeing Aurelia with appreciation as her tail flickered excitedly at the praise, extending a paw into the air and waving it as if beckoning Aurelia closer to pat her. Pale one is very wise, she purred in his mind, causing Cera to laugh. "Oh dear, you've certainly stroked her ego. She says thank you," he added, smiling freely. "Her name means happy, or cheerful. I've always found it very fitting." Glancing over shoulder the two shared a loving gaze, Ilaria cooing and tangling her paws in his tresses to pull herself up and butt her fuzzy cranium against Cera's cheek.

"Consider it planned," he giggled, winking long snowy lashes her way, for a celebration would surely be fun. Even so her seriousness sobers him, and his smile is sincere and grateful as he answers her. "Thank you, miss Aurelia. Is there anything you wish to know? I am truly an open book, do not fear offending or pressuring me, if you are interested then speak," he reassured, for she seemed to be wanting to ask something yet no words spilled from her pale lips.

Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
discovery - by Aurelia - 07-19-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 07-20-2014, 08:01 PM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 07-20-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 07-21-2014, 04:02 AM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 07-21-2014, 10:12 PM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 07-24-2014, 12:33 AM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 09-07-2014, 08:33 AM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 07-21-2014, 03:26 AM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 07-21-2014, 05:46 AM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 07-23-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 08-04-2014, 12:35 AM