the Rift

[PRIVATE] discovery

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
all i've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you

Something akin to horror grows in Aurelia's eyes, and Cera fears he has sad something devastatingly wrong. When she speaks, there is a firm demand laced within it, and suddenly Cera realizes with how she has latched onto his nephew's name that she knows Ryuu. All he can do is nod numbly, not that there is any hesitation as she begins to explain further, spinning a tale for his aurals that he avidly listens to. Her bitterness makes him wary, even saddened, and his eyes are sympathetic as she begins to fall into the flow of her own words. Even as his cheeks heat and he turns his head away in embarrassment as she mentions such things as mounting, he does not turn away nor tune out her story. He owes her more than a half-wandering mind, no matter the cause of it.

It is a terrible crime in Cera's eyes, rape. No matter the intoxication, for it was no excuse. If one was intoxicated, they should not be in the presence of other civilized people, especially when their choices and actions could lead to exactly what had happened. A mother created at too young an age, and two foals separated and left to fend for themselves in their mother's absence as she was stolen away. Cera pitied the young lass for all she had seen and gone through in so few years, of a different nature than Cera but still as damaging.

It was a little embarrassing to have her assume that Ryuu was a son to him, but though he tried to remind himself that the soft-spoken foal was his nephew, it was rather close to truth. He considered the weak thing much like his own son. Soon Aurelia has quieted, and Cera took in a deep breath, eyes wide and trying to comprehend all that had just been thrown at him. He knew the gold gilded girl as only kind and inquisitive, so there was no reason for him to be frightened or consider her a monster of any sort.

"I am sorry that you had to suffer through something like that at such a young age," he consoled, eyes soft with regret on her behalf. Sighing and shaking his crown slowly, trying to find the right words for the biological mother...after all, Ryuu's and Ranjiri's story echoed a different tune, and Ryuu was dear to him as well. It was difficult to want to introduce Aurelia to Ryuu once more when Ryuu was like his son, too.

"Yes, Ryuu's health condition is still rather prominent. We've noticed he is rather frail, and walking is very difficult for him. He is...very quiet. Doesn't talk much. But Ranjiri is a very persistent mother to him, and he grows every day. Still, he will not play with the other foals, nor wander far from either my own side or Ranjiri's," he offered the information tentatively, not sure what else to call Ranjiri for no matter how much he wanted to shield Aurelia from the pain, there was no other title that fit his sister. Regardless of his friendship with Aurelia, Ranjiri was Ryuu's mother in all intents and purposes.

"I don't recall much of my mother, and I was abandoned at the age he was when Ranjiri found him in the Endless Blue. Hopefully, since not much time has passed, he will not fall prey to the same erasure of memory that I did. Would you...like to see him again? I cannot guarantee Ranjiri will be pleased, however. She will likely refuse to leave his side during the visitation." What was the proper procedure for this situation? It was difficult to navigate, for he loved his sister and nephew-son-boy dearly, and his friendship with Aurelia was tentative but growing. Would his sister believe Aurelia's story? Or was she forever bitter at the fact that Ryuu had walked out unseen and believed to be unwanted, endangered the entire way to the ocean?

Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
discovery - by Aurelia - 07-19-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 07-20-2014, 08:01 PM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 07-20-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 07-21-2014, 04:02 AM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 07-21-2014, 10:12 PM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 07-24-2014, 12:33 AM
RE: discovery - by Aurelia - 09-07-2014, 08:33 AM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 07-21-2014, 03:26 AM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 07-21-2014, 05:46 AM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 07-23-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: discovery - by Cera - 08-04-2014, 12:35 AM