the Rift

[OPEN] home

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Destry lands next to me, her electric hooves shooting out bolts of electricity. I tell her not to feel pressured to stay, that we don't have to live here, but she tells me she likes it. I visibly relax, glad that my new mate is fine with the desert. I've already learnt that the desert is not for every horse, and it would be a shame if Destry were to not like it. I think about the home she was just in- the Hidden Falls. With waterfalls, rainbows, and lots of shade. I can imagine why Destry had chosen to live there. Unfortunately, the Dragon's Throat lack shade and waterfalls and an abundance of trees, but there is a rather nice oasis.

I look out into the distance, scanning the area for any signs of horses, of life. At first, I see nothing and wonder where everyone has gone, but then I see the one-winged mare, Africa, cantering towards us. Silas is high in the sky, probably enjoying the breeze. She slithers to a halt in front of Destry and I. She says 'Afternoon...' simply as a greeting, with not much emotions.. not much-- flavor. I do not care how she greets us, because I am more focused on the next things she says. She introduces herself as the Sultan of the Dragon's Throat.

Shock shakes through my skeleton, but I really shouldn't be shocked. I knew, everyone knew, Africa was headed to the position of Sultan. She was (and I assume is) extremely active. She is (usually) sweet and generous, so I see no problems with her being the Sultan, but I am almost offended she didn't tell me. Even if I am not her friend anymore, it would've been nice to know this tidbit of information. When I had asked her what position she was directly, she didn't answer me, and now she suddenly is okay with telling her position to everyone. Maybe I am slightly hurt by this. Suddenly, my ecstatic mood has vanished partially.

"Hello, Africa. This is my mate, Destry." My voice is stern, confident. I glance at Destry when I say her name. I gently reach my muzzle out to her, attempting to just touch her for a moment. My mate. This is a strange feeling, but I like it very much. What will Africa think of us? If she doesn't accept us as a pair, she will have to deal with me, the fire one, and Destry, the shock one. Together, I'm sure we could be unbeatable. And we will be unbeatable.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
home - by Aurelia - 07-21-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: home - by Destry - 07-21-2014, 01:18 PM
RE: home - by Destry - 07-23-2014, 10:39 PM
RE: home - by Africa - 07-21-2014, 07:25 PM
RE: home - by Aurelia - 07-22-2014, 03:04 AM
RE: home - by Africa - 07-24-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: home - by Destry - 07-27-2014, 11:45 PM
RE: home - by Africa - 07-28-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: home - by Aurelia - 07-28-2014, 07:51 PM
RE: home - by Destry - 08-01-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: home - by Africa - 08-16-2014, 01:56 AM