the Rift

[OPEN] home

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

100%

A home...

She still remembered the soft, frightened stutter of the snowy-hued filly; so alone and vulnerable beneath the old, gnarled shadow of the Threshold forest. Aurelia had been the epitome of innocence standing there. A sweet helpless child, who needed tenderness and care- a wickedly deceptive soul, conniving and self-absorbed, concealed beneath a mask so unfortunately appealing to the kind heart of the one-winged grey. She had asked to see Africa’s home, Dragon’s Throat, and all too obligingly the horribly naive mare had whisked the babe home; promises of safety and belonging radiating in good faith.

Wasn’t she a fool!

The golden girl held her silence this time, leaving her girlfriend to face the Sultana’s none too warm questioning alone... naturally, she mused quietly, drawing back careful eyes to Destry, relationships are a matter of convenience alone. She couldn’t help but presume that the loss of Aurelia’s bonded recently, the infant snake Shilva, was partly to blame for this new self-indulging infatuation, and felt a surge of regret for the dark youth before her. Inexperience had been her downfall also, along with her desire to do right.

Nevertheless, the starkly stained hybrid answered, glancing towards her mate as warmth encompassed her young-looking expression- Africa wanted to gag; tactfully though, a quiet smile curled through her rust-grey lips instead. "In the name of our Lord of the Sun, I welcome you then Destry." She answered promptly. The Starry-Eyed would not hold one so inexperienced accountable for the transgressions of her spouse, and her features softened a little. Time would tell her true worth. "Come now, there is shade and water further inland." With her only wing opened in gesture, Africa turned to invite the pair (attention mainly focused towards the newest), back towards the oasis.

She walked briskly, the burning burden of the high sun motivation enough to drive home with haste; and said nothing more until long, lean legs were brushing between clusters of Spinifex, dappled shade swinging across her body as it slid comfortably through the oasis. "If you would like to pursue an education with us, do let me know." Africa led them to the edge of the lake, and turned. "Freshen yourselves now, and seek me out if there is anything you need."

[ooc: @[Aurelia] & @[Destry]. I will request her rank to be updated to citizen until she asks for another rank.

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Messages In This Thread
home - by Aurelia - 07-21-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: home - by Destry - 07-21-2014, 01:18 PM
RE: home - by Destry - 07-23-2014, 10:39 PM
RE: home - by Africa - 07-21-2014, 07:25 PM
RE: home - by Aurelia - 07-22-2014, 03:04 AM
RE: home - by Africa - 07-24-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: home - by Destry - 07-27-2014, 11:45 PM
RE: home - by Africa - 07-28-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: home - by Aurelia - 07-28-2014, 07:51 PM